The Game Must Go On

(City on Fire) Up To Speed
Jan 23, 2023 - Feb 22, 2023
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

<<Thumbs up>>

Sounds good to me.

Tom only nodded to Frank's suggestion. He couldn't get his mind off the gun; it was the great equalizer. There were more firearms here, that much was for certain. The attorney longed to feel the heft of a handgun in his grasp again, and with it the inherit sense of security.

Once another bastard here is taken down, then I'll have one...and we'll get the fuck out of here.

The party moves through the maze of crates, as they progress the banging gets louder and more insistent.

Need Frank to roll perception and Tom to roll perception - 2

1 sux

Perception - 2

As they move through the maze Frank and Tom, roughly at the same time, notice an unusual patch of ground - the ground seems to dip in and the soil takes on a slightly different consistency.

If Frank hadn't noticed he'd have stepped right onto the odd patch.

That banging is giving me such a goddam headache, I nearly walked right into one of our Host's booby-traps, which would have made me one big booby. Frank puts his hand up to hold the group from advancing, then points towards the ground. He takes out one bullet from the box, and drops it into the odd patch to see what happens.

I am ending this thread and this story arc. :(

I am sorry that it didn't go to completion. There were a number of factors involved, the most serious of which I feel have to do with me. I went through periods of posting and not posting which lagged the thread to a halt, and I also feel like I didn't plan this out well enough. That is a subject of my lack of ST experience and I'm sorry that the threads suffered from it.

Furthermore, we've had a number of characters who were involved in this story arc have their players drop or disappear. This happens, but it is unfortunate and aided in seeing the death of this arc.

I do have some ideas for future story arcs, and ideas for as to how not to let them share this ones fate. I hope that people are still willing to give me the chance to play out a fun story.

The Players hear a dull thumping that seems to grow louder as the seconds pass. Soon they easily recognize it as the familiar sound of a helicopter flying overhead. The realization of the sound's source comes as the aircraft flies over to hover over the complex, and they are blinded by a searchlight emanating from the belly of the chopper.

Their confusion is relieved in an instant when a voice comes over the intercom attached to the aircraft

"This is the Police. We have the area surrounded..."

The Cavalry had finally arrived, as Thomas Steele had predicted it might.

The compound is swarmed by heavily armed policemen, and a small battle ensues between the forces of good and evil as the thugs fight against sure arrest and prosecution. In this conflict the Players are all but forgotten as they huddle in the maze.

When they are finally found by the police they are lead to a command post where they are given coffee and blankets, their wounds are treated, and they are bombarded with questions - many of which they are simply unable to answer.

They learn that they had been saved after a young man had discovered information pertaining to The Game on a stolen flash drive. After decrypting the information the youth brought it to the attention of a local reporter who had contacts with the FBI. After that the dominoes just all fell into place.

After the thugs are rounded up, and the location is secure, the full scope of the horror of the Game is revealed. Police uncover 32 corpses, many of which are fresh, and speculation abounds that this is only the beginning. Many of the bodies have obviously been subject to horrible abuse, almost undoubtedly rendered while the victim yet lived.

What's worse is that it seems that the sinister Host remains anonymous, and at large.

After an ordeal of questioning the Players are finally allowed to go home.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5