Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Confidants Helen has a phone call

THREADID

Jennifer Hazelton

Ruby calls Helen early in the evening. When the phone is answered, she states "Hello. I wanted to know if you have had any luck in the investigation?
    I saw that person at Court...

Did Albert tell you that I am temporarily acknowledged by the Prince? I've used that protection to call my friend back home and he's visited the rehab center where the injured person is recovering. They're there, getting stronger.
    I have been nosing around the barrens and the Rack and spotted two women. I think they are two of the Harpies."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Don't people just love getting called out of the blue from numbers unknown with stuff they got to figure out on the side ? Helen's never been a fan of this approach either, but some days, it happens to the best. No name, doesn't recognize the voice either... Always off to a good start already ! But she gets the first morsels as soon as the words are trickling in, just fast enough to keep her from immediately asking the obvious questions.

That person in court... Albert... injured person... Uncommitted, yet drops enough information to hint at who's at the other end of the line. Or at least who Helen is supposed to asssume is on the other end. On the other hand, there's 'Harpies'. Sacramento has none of those at the moment as far as Helen's aware and she dimly recalls Doc Bakey using that word to refer to some kids from way back in the past once. So that initial assumption kinda checks out. Still could be a trap, though. Ah well, another number to remember coming up, as it looks. Still, in the back of her head, questions start to pile up, and there's some pretty ugly ones among those. And not just for the caller... But still.

"He did." Helen claims. Total lie, but the other person likely doesn't know that. "I see. That's a start. We're on a few things, still too early to say if anything will come from it so far, but it isn't looking that bad." Technically, not untrue, but the usual uncommitted bullshit if you don't want to get into details. "Are they, now ? Can you give me a description of the two, where and when did you see them and what were they doing ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"How about we meet? I have kept an eye on a quiet, abandoned storefront that I have etched out a little hidden entrance to. I'll meet you at the corner of [address in the Barrens].
    They have mordernized their look and were wearing jeans and long wool sweaters in navy blue. They wore blonde wigs and have slim hip similarity as sisters have. They were walking around, talking to a woman passing by. I saw them earlier tonight.

Albert knows them best and can give you the most accurate description."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen frowns. She doesn't like this. But then, again, the times when she's been able to keep to stuff she completely likes ended a long time ago. Some scratching sounds as she notes down the provided address.

"Just so we're clear on this... Any unexpected surprises, more people, fishy stuff, or I just get a funny feeling about things ? I walk. And when I'm gone, I stay gone." She adds it with a firm tone, to make sure that the other knows she's sewrious about it. "How about [time] and how do I recognize you ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"You and my friend Baker are helping me out. I don't want to be ungrateful. We can meet in the open and when you are comfortable, we can sneak into the abandoned building. I have spoken with the scary Boss lady and promised to get my shit sorted out. So this is me working with you to find out if I can help you out. I figure you want to interview me. I have heard from my friend back home that the law back there wants to interview me on my perspective."
    "I will be wearing a black wool coat and a blue scarf with a silver spider pin on the scarf."

The scene

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Fair enough, then. See you later."

Closed Thread