Meeting The Prince

Unionized Phishing 4 Chips
Jan 4, 2023 - Jan 5, 2023
(Grey Hoods) Info Dump
Jan 23, 2023 - Feb 3, 2023
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison enters the Lily and does not bother to look around. She'd been here before and the place held very little interest for her. There were beautiful women wandering around serving drinks and cigars. There were men and other beautiful women sitting around drinking, smoking, and chatting away as if there was nothing else of importance in their lives.

She wonders if these mortals had any idea of what lurked in their midst. The predators that stalked the night and them. The one that even owned this club and made it possible for them to come here to forget their mundane troubles. With a sigh of resignation, Madison walks to the office in the back of the club and resolutly knocks on the door. She is not exactly looking forward to this meeting. Asa had proven to be a very complicated man to know and an impossible one to read. His emotions did not show unless he allowed them to and this frustrated Madison. She was normally very good at reading others.

She wonders if Asa is like her. One with the Blood to control and hide his emotions with perfect efficientcy. That might explain her inability to read him.

If he is Sotoha, then why has he not told me? I informed him of my blood before I was even acknowledged.

She pushes the thought aside, realizing the Prince has the right to keep his own secrets and waits patiently for him to answer the door.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa opened the door, stepping aside to let Madison enter. "Good evening, Paladin Wells," he greeted her, while warily watching her. He knew what she was, and what it might mean if she considered him a threat to the Lancea et Sanctum, if that's where her ultimate loyalty lay. She was was also attractive enough that such watchfulness wasn't entirely unpleasant.

The room itself is paneled in dark wood, with a desk to one side, and sitting chairs and a television on the other. Some spaces on the bookshelves are empty, as if someone had just moved out, or someone was still moving in.

[banner]asa[/banner]
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Madison Wells

PRE

"Good evening, Prince Clarke." Madison says mildly as she steps into the room. She stands aside and waits for him to close the door and figure out where he wants her. She wasn't about to take a seat without invitation. To do so would be rude and Madison was not one who tolerated rude.

"I appreciate you meeting me on such short notice, especially after the most recent meeting you had with another Lance representative."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, that," Asa said, moving aside and indicating the circular couch faced by club chairs.

"Miss Fitzgerald sent an apology... but she also indicated confusion about the situation. One would think an apology without understanding a bit insincere, don't you think?"

Asa watched Madison as he spoke, curious to see if there would be a response, an indication of her personal feelings on what had happeend, but knowing her Blood would most likely veil it.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Madison Wells

PRE

Asa's assumption is correct as Madison's face remains impassive. She nods however and sits where he indicates.

"Yes, I can imagine how that must have come across. She called the Mother Superior and myself after your meeting and told us what happened. I had to explain to her that her questions were seen as rude and interrogative in your eyes and that is why you had the reaction you did. That was correct, was it not?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Yes," Asa replied simply. It didn't warrant explanation or justification. Asa couldn't imagine what would have happened if Mariel had spoken to Freddrick in such a way.

Rather, he knew exactly what would happen, just not how.

He was tempted to ask how such behavior was received within the Lancea et Sanctum -- perhaps that would explain Mariel's obliviousness... but then he remembered Nicolo.

Was Freddrick fucking Nicolo?

The thought flickered through Asa's mind suddenly, as he recalled the odd --almost fatherly-- way Freddrick had treated the priest.

"Is that incident what brings you here this evening, Paladin?" Asa asked, bringing his thoughts back to the present, and away from Princes sleeping with Sanctified.

Madison Wells

PRE

"To an extent." Madison says mildly. She wonders if the Prince is thinking she came here to attack him in the defnse of her covenent-mate. She smiles slightly, allowing the idea to roll through her mind. While, it would be an interesting fight and a challenge she would gladly rise to, for one to raise a hand against their lord was forbidden and dishonorable. Technically, she shouldn't even be considering it, but in her minds eye the fight does not end up with one of them dead or injured, more like a tangle of arms and legs and tongues on the floor.

Mentally shaking herself, Madison fixes her gaze once more on the Prince and her mind returns to the meeting at hand. "Mariel has informed me that she is stepping down as Political Liason for the Lance. Due to this development, it was decided I would be the best to represent the covenent to you and the rest of your court. Whether I agree with this decision or not is moot as the task has already been placed in my lap. I was also asked to inform you of these changes so you may continue your relationship with the Lance uninterrupted. It was suggested that you and I have more of a rappore then you and Mariel did. While I cannot disagree with this assessment, it is difficult to explain the relationship between fellow Ventrue to those who are not. So, I did not bother to try and merely accepted the wishes of the Lacea."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa wasn't surprised; it was a smart move for the Lancea et Sanctum, even if they were unaware that the blood tie was stronger than simply being Ventrue. Asa she continued to elaborate, he almost smiled, wondering if she realized he knew how she had 'punished' Victoria -- and that she undoubtedly assumed he and Victoria had a similar relationship.

"Even though I am no longer Priscus, it is nice to know that a fellow Lord's ability is being recognized," he replied, smiling slightly. "Considering the Mother Superior also informed me that you would be responsible for selecting the city's Bishop."

"On a more personal note, I cannot dispute that I feel more of a rapport with you than Miss Fitzgerald," he added, to let her know that the new arrangement was preferred.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison hides her surprise at his statement. She had not considered the Prince being fond of her in any way. She knew he had more of a passing liking for her because of her blood, but never gave it much thought. He is the Prince and therefore is expected to hold his subjects at arms length, with the exception of a trusted few. She did not consider herself one of those exceptions.

She continued with her duty however to give him all of the information she was bidden to. "I have also been asked to inform you that we will be taking up your offer to warn the kindred of the city about club Inferno. It has been suggested to me that the Harpy or I be the one to post the warning in the Elysiums. I would ask the Harpy myself, however I have found her to be a very busy woman and I do not wish to burden her with yet another assignment. So, I ask permission to post the warnings. We are also planning to infiltrate Inferno and see if we can gather more information on this demon and how to rid our city of him. Sebastian and I will be entering the club. I do not know if I will be able to withstand the powers of this Lust demon, but I can only hope to do my best. Should we bring any information we find to you before proceeding to rid the city of such a creature?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"That's fine," he replied to the request about the Elysia announcements, but raised an eyebrow at her statement about entering the club.

He didn't particularly understand why they would go in... they had a first-hand testimony of what was to be found, and what was to happen. He spoke again, distracting himself from thoughts of the sultry brunette being compelled by a Lust demon.

"Is going inside necessary?"

Why not simply burn it to the ground, or some such?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread