Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

While Corn would pretend he simply forgot who said it, Aurora would be content to be clueless. The name was familiar, she’d hung around Phoenyx long enough to have heard her reference it. But that was about it and she was ok.

A look of shock washes across her face, “Alcohol tricks? You wound me.” Trying to look offended, but failing and laughing. “Next week works for me!” not that she had a lot going on.

Know how you can listen, but also somewhat tune out? That was sort of what she was doing. She came out to have fun, not talk about some dead guy who was good with words and war. Or something.

Shrugging, she just watches.

Laughing, “Only practice I get is when we all come here. I’m not some secret pool shark on the weekends or something.” Though she probably could be, little bit of magic here and there. Casually she knocks another ball in.

1 success

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn was finding the discussion about Sun Tzu interesting. "Winning against superior forces through careful application of his resources? Knowing how to effectively do that is what we call 'strategy', not a quote in a bar. Impressive fellow. What I recall from him is the 'The supreme art of war is to be able to subdue the enemy without fighting.' quote. " he said.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Eyes narrow a little as Aurora dismisses the notion of more practice. Phoenyx knew her friend wouldn't lie about such a thing, but she was simply frustrated at her performance so far.

That loss might actually be good for the Arrow's ego never even crossed her mind.

1 success

Phoenyx manages to keep holding her own - just. but she can feel her attention start to be fuzzy. "There. That wasn't bad." She slinks back over to the table and munches on a few fries, the warm food managing to bring as little bit of a smile back to her lips.

Corn manages to confuse the Obrimos again. "I know it's a strategy. You brought it up? I thought you were asking about Sun Tzu. I don't see why you say not to quote him and then... quote him? That makes no sense." The Moros was being oddly cryptic again.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Urgh, back to the dead dudes philosophy or whatever it was. Was she the only one who could just let go and have fun? Or was the topic fun for them? She didn’t know, but she knew she had nothing to add, so she simply attempts to look interested. Attempts being the key word here.

Catching the narrowing of the eyes, the Shaman sticks her tongue out.

Watching the shot, “Not bad at all, nice shot.” She was glad her friend could hold her own. Not that Aurora was much of a challenge, her shots not half as good as they used to be. Maybe it was having Guru around that helped. But, that was done with.

Managing to line up a shot, she takes it. But it wasn’t anything special, she was losing her touch. Maybe she needed more to drink!

While they talked about some dead guy, she goes up to the bar and orders three shots. Just in case Corn wanted one, but she wasn’t about to make him. Setting them on the table, “I got three, in case you wanted one,” looking to Corn, “but no pressure, if you don’t, I’m happy taking two of them!” and she was serious.

1 success

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn seems a bit confused when Phoenyx addressed him.
    "Hmmm? No, I was saying I didn't remember much from Sun Tzu except the one quote about subduing the enemies without a fight. I was also saying, unrelated to that, that he was an impressive fellow." He grabs a couple of fries and sips from his soda.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx reponds to the tongue being stuck outin the same way. Then she couldn't help it - she giggles. For some reason it was hard to stay mad with one's tongue out. "Thanks. Maybe you're just... more experienced at this in general."

She eyes the shot with a frown and sniffs it. "It looks like that stripy toothpaste turned into a shot. Will it be minty?" She asks Aurora.

There's a small frown. Sometimes it was hard to follow what Corn said. At this point, she didn;t much care - It sounded like he didn't know that much about Sun Tzu anyways. "Wait.... how do you know he was an impressive person if you can't remmeber anything about him? How does that work?" The Arrow was trying not to laugh. It sounded completely absurd!

2 successes

Maybe she was getting into the swing of things or maybe the acohol was relaxing her but her pool seemed to be hitting her stride again. "Yay!" she cheered as she sank a couple of shots. "Did you message other people? Are more people going to join us?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Maybe she could tell people that the next night out would not include talking about long dead guys and philosophy. Sure, she knew a bit about the topic, but she was more focused on relaxing and having fun! Wait…was that a fun topic for them? Ew.

Shrugging, “Or I’m just more relaxed and don’t care if I win or lose.” She tosses back. Cause she didn’t care if she won or not, she was just enjoying the night.

Laughing, “Good description, haven’t heard that one yet, but no, it won’t be minty. It’s peach schnapps, Irish Cream and a splash of grenadine. I can tell you why it looks the way it does after you try it.” Holding her own up, saying cheers and drinking it. “It’s sweet, you like sweet. But there is texture, that’s the kicker.” A wink. She wasn’t the type of friend to give Phoenyx something she wouldn’t like.

Pulling out her cell from a pocket, she frowns, “I did, I sent a message to Hector Zeromancer and Belle . Maybe they’re busy or pool just isn’t their idea of a fun.” Shrugging, it was what it was. Taking a quick sip from her beer, she lines up for another shot.

3 successes

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To Phoenyx 's observation that a single quote and some information from highschool should not form an opinion on how impressive one is... he raised his glass in acknowledgement.
    "I guess you are right in that. I know too little of him. I should watch a documentary about it. Do you like documentaries, ladies? "

Corn is a bit surprised Zero would turn down such an invitation.
    "Hector said no to a night of pool? Must be busy with his podcast. He has a camera that supposedly can photographic camera 'strange things' in a way. Kirilian camera or something. He says it can show ghosts... if you believe in those things. Personally, I believe it is just cameras with faulty lenses as I find the idea of the existence of ghosts ridiculous." Said the moros that has spent an entire night wtih Zeromancer trying to eliminate a ghost that was eating ghosts to stabilize the "twilight ecosystem". Who would even think that twilight was an ecosystem with predators and prey?
    Well aside of all the monstrous things the Seers put in there to spy on mages if the old stories are to be believed.

"Maya is not coming either?" He said with a shrug. "You must have picked a busy night Madison." he told Aurora .

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx shakes her head. Not caring about winning or losing? "That doesn't make sense." At least, not to her.

"Hmm." Following the description, there's another quick look at the shot before closing her eyes and swallowing it. Dark eyes show surprise at the change in textures as it goes, and she gasps a little after. "That's weird. But nice-weird. What was it?"

There's a frown -more like a pout really. "Aw. It was fun the last time she came out. We need to do that again. But I guess if they want to be boring that's on them." There it was - the little Arrow was starting to slur again and just saying things she would usually keep to herself. She really couldn't handle many drinks.

She watches, dumbfounded, as Aurora clears the table with ease. "Oh yeah, you totally don't care - then do that!" she quips, leaning on the table. "We're gonna play again. I know I can win!" The fact she hadn't beaten Aurora yet didn't seem to phase her - or maybe it was the alcohol talking. She began setting up the table again.

To Corn's question there is a small shrug. "I do, but I rarely watch television. I've found several podcasts that discuss history though, for when I'm working." There's another shrug. "I've never seen a ghost. But there's lots of weird stuff in the world, so who knows? I never knew that they made special cameras for ghost hunting. I wonder how you would stop a ghost if it tried to hurt someone?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Uhhh,” taking a moment to think about the question, “depends on what it’s about.” She wasn’t much into watching tv, but a documentary would could hold her attention.

Shrugging, “He could be busy, it was kinda last minute after all.” Then comes the talk of ghosts. Which she knew all to well were true. “I think it’s like you say, a faulty camera and people seeing what they want to see, or hope to see. Some pictures can be explained with scientific reasons or just plain common sense. But I won’t knock someone for what they believe or anything.” Cause she knows there are ghosts, they are very real. But that was a topic for the safety of the Circle, not a pool hall.

“Seems I did. I’ll try and plan a bit better next time, make sure more people are free. Though I don’t mind the group we have now.” It worked.

Phoenyx gets a look, “It makes all the sense. There is more to life then winning or losing you know.” Teasing of course. Someday she hoped to be able to get her friend to understand that.

Laughing, cause it was always the texture that got people. “It is weird! But good!” she enjoyed them, “It’s called a Brain Hemorrhage,” picking up the third, “but I think they gave me the Alien Brain Hemorrhage, which is the exact same, but it has Blue Curacao added. The Irish Cream reacts with the Peach schnapps, making it form, well, kinda a membrane like substance. Really weird, but oh so cool!” holding the third to Corn, “You want the third?” she offers, no pressure, just checking before she drinks it. To Phoenyx, “If the texture doesn’t bother you, I know another you should try sometime.” Sometime not being now, she didn’t want to get her friend too drunk.

“We’ll just have to plan something better next time, but I completely agree with you!” Belle was fun to hang out with.

“Come on now, I’m not going to lie to you about caring if I win or lose. I really don’t care, I’m just having a good time. And by only caring about having a good time, it removes the pressure of winning all the time, and I play better.” And she has more fun. “Wanting to win all the time is just so,” a pause, “stressful and makes you all kinds of tense. And I don’t have time for that.” Nope. Shrugging, “Then lets play again.” Part of her wants to throw the game, just to let her friend win. But she also knows Phoenyx would be pissed, and Phoenyx can kinda kick her ass.

Back to ghosts, “Same. Never seen one, so kinda can’t say if I think they’re real or not. But there are some who are really into it.” Oh if they only knew. “That’s a good question, never thought about that.” Good thing there was a spell for that.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread