Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer walked into the club. Though not his normal scene he was wanting to just get out of his house and learn a little about his new home. Additionally he loved live music and wondered what the local music scene was like. He approached the bar as he listened to the music. "This music is not too bad, a nice change to what I usually listen to", he thought.

When he got to the bar he flagged down the bartender, "3 Fingers Jack Daniels Vanilla on Ice and a Duck Fart", Zeromancer puts his credit card on the bar, "and start a tab please." As he waits for his drinks he looks around, he notices Corn and Aurora as well as another he has never seen before further down the bar. He decides he would scope the club a little and maybe finish his drinks before he approaches them. He did come here to meet new people, and Corn and Aurora were people he had already met.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Jacob sure liked to talk.. all while not really explaining why his nickname was T. "Well, looks like I'm joining you on the DD duty tonight. It's nice that you're watching out for your friends."

He followed Aurora through the crowd to a table, trying hard not to bump into too many people. There he gave them a sheepish look. "Neither is really my thing. But I take it you're in the mood for crowds tonight?" With all the noise it was hard to think.. but maybe this was exactly what she was looking for. Then again, he had just met her. Maybe leave the psycho-analysis for some time later?
    He chuckled at her joke, but left her implied answer what brought him here unanswered.

He couldn't put his finger on the 'why', but Jacob came off a bit strong. "Uh, that's interesting. I work at- well, I own a flower shop." Shooting a sideway glance towards Madison - was 'T' always like this? Then immediately regretting the look. You are the third wheel here.
    "I moved here because of an ugly divorce." Sort of. "So I guess that's my story in a nutshell. Were you expecting someone else?" While she wasn't superstar-famous he still couldn't quite shake the feeling that he was keeping her from enjoying her night out in peace. But this would be the last time he was reassuring himself about not bothering her.

Probably.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As much as she wanted to give him a hard time about the purse duty thing, she couldn’t. “Always good to have someone with you to watch your back and make sure you get home safe.” So props to him for that. “So I raise my beer to you!” and she did.

It was hard to miss the intimidating good looks of Zero when she spotted him. She hadn’t gotten to speak with outside of the Mysterium yet, so perfect chance!

An arm was raised and she waves, letting him know she saw him, and he could join them if he wanted to.

A lazy shrug, “I needed a night out, I have been too focused on work.” i.e. at home, with a beer looking at old ancient books. “Crowds aren’t really a bother for me, but there are nights I prefer the library or just chilling at home.” Yeah, the blonde liked to read. While it might not be everyone’s topic of choice, she loved it.

When he mentions owning his own business, a flower shop, her eyes widen and she smiles, “You own it? That’s awesome!” compliments the Shaman. “Never really been good with the whole plant thing, but it’s great you opened your own shop. Do you enjoy it?” maybe it was because she had been debating, for a while, opening her own place. Either a brewery or a place to sell furniture. With the glance, he gets a shrug. Corn was Corn.

Oh…yikes! She’d heard stories about ugly divorces, and knew sometimes it was best to not ask.

Shaking her head, “I wasn’t expecting anyone. I’m the type who likes to meet new and interesting people. You never know who will have a fascinating story, or who will be fun to just share a drink with.” She never expected anyone.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Aurora 's declaration that she prefers libraries to crowded clubs, with some willful overlooking the "sometimes" part, gets corn smiling and gives her the thumbs up. "That's what I think too, Maddison."

"You own a flower shop? That's wonderful." Corn said, filing the information. "Which reminds me, I need to buy flowers for my wife's birthday, Gerrit . " he said with a smile... and then he mentioned an ugly divorce and Corn's smile froze.
    "Oh, Sorry, I didn't know. I didn't mean to pry." Well, the last part wasn't completely honest. But he didn't mean to stumble into that.
    "I am in Sacramento for about year and a half myself. To new beginnings, then?" he said raising his glass. He took only a small sip as he knew he would be the one driving. And he couldn't very well ask Aurora to sober him up. So, small sips and half-a-beer it would be. Perhaps he should trade with a non-alcoholic beer? They really didn't taste the same but it was more a social thing.

And then, Aurora that knew he was out with three 20-something women seeking, decided to invite one of the most striking men in the club to their table. Corn covered his sigh by stuffing a few peanuts in his mouth. Well, if Zeromancer decided to sit with them, the girls would assume the tall, handsome guy was with Aurora so they probably won't ask him too many questions about the quietly-but-not-subtly attractive man that showed up in Corn's table. But Corn would have to cross-reference with Zero for his cover anyway. At least, unlike a sleeper like Gerrit, Zero would understand Corn's predicament.

ragnarokxg those are Corn's thoughts and no, he won't have trouble if you want your character to sit at our table. The player of Corn would have no issue at all if you did, nor it would actually make things for Corn bad or something. I just want to show that Corn's juggling sleeper and Mage life comes with complications and it is interesting to actually see said complications in the game, that's all.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer saw Aurora wave him over, he took this as his cue to go ahead and hang with the group and maybe get to know Miss Aurora a little better, so he decided he would head on over. Zeromancer took his shot and grab his Jack on the Rocks and headed towards their table.

Zeromancer then said, "Good evening Aurora, nice to see you tonight. You are looking pretty damn stunning. Hello Corn, nice purse you have there, you really didn't strike me as the type to carry one around." Zeromancer placed his drink on the table and then held his right hand to the stranger "Name is Zero, and who may you be?" After exchanging pleasantries Zeromancer took off his coat and placed it on the seat, he then turned to Aurora and asked "Would you like to join me for a dance?"

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

What do you know? They were pretty tolerant about him staying sober, Madison was even praising Jacob for it.
    She appeared to be pretty down to earth, all things considered. And even though she said she wasn't waiting for anyone particular she was waving at someone Gerrit could't see at first. Frankly, it made him a bit uneasy. His features remained neutral though. "I guess it's nice to enjoy both things equally. When you say you are too focused on your work right now - do you mean your work in entertainment or do you have another leg to stand on?"

While the reaction to Gerrit's shop had always been positive, he couldn't help but enjoy the feedback he was getting now. Even though T put his foot in his mouth - the divorce was a lie anyway and the Onyx had buried his Sorrow pretty well by now. "Don't worry. It's water under the bridge. Feel free to drop by whenever you want to make a special gift." He reacher for his wallet, looked around and gave Corn an apologetic look. "Looks like I don't carry any business cards right now, sorry. It's 'Rosie's Roses', you can probably look it up on the internet."

Aurora's question was answered with an open smile. "I really do enjoy it It's, uh, it's the kind of new beginning I was looking for..And I think people underestimate their ability to care for plants. It's pretty simple, actually." Madison seemed tolerant and Jacob seemed to understand being passionate for something, so it seemed okay to share like this.

Then the person Madison was waving at joined their table and the slight discomfort solidified in Gerrit's stomach. This 'Zero' apparently knew Jacob and Madison and he adressed them using strange nicknames. Going beyond friendly insiders deep into paranoia-codenames. Wary eyes looked at the offered hand, but didn't shake it. "I'm Gerrit. Nice to meet you." This wasn't right. Maybe he was being too careful, but this was the kind of carefulness that kept him from being dragged back there.

It really all depended on the other's reaction now. Was this an honest misunderstanding or a justified cause to call it quits on this evening?

In case anyone wants to lie their way out of this:
    3 successes

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“New beginnings are always something worth celebrating!” and raises her glass as well. If she wasn’t included? Then whatever, she was still raising her glass.

And then it happened.

Wrong name, not a public name. But could she play it off? Lying had never been her thing, manipulating, yes. Distracting? Yes. Lying? Def not. But she’s gonna try.

“I haven’t been called that in what feels like years!” she gushes, “You must have come across one of my earlier performances.” Again, lying was not her thing. “I changed my stage name back to Madison, the other wasn't catching on.” Because…sleepers are a thing. “But thank you!” she was quite proud of the outfit. Then there was a little choke on her drink as Zero mentioned the purses. She wasn’t going there again, she already gave him a hard time about it.

Well, that hadn’t happened in a while. “Normally I’d say no, cause dancing is not my strong suit, but yah, I'd love to!” she was here to have fun!

To Gerrit, “I’ve been trying to retire from performing, but it’s proven difficult. Kind of in my blood.” And nothing else was taking off. “Though I am dipping my toe into brewing beer and refirbing old furniture.” Which were fun, but were not paying the bills right now.

The Shaman makes a mental note of the flower shop, vowing to stop by at some point. Maybe she could get a plant for Phoenyx? She seemed like the type who could keep one alive.

Smiling, “That’s great! And it’s even better that it’s something you enjoy.” Well…it would be simple for her if she used her magic on plants. But she stopped doing that once she got the hang of being a Shaman and not an Enchantress.

“You ok watching my drink?”
    looking from Corn to Gerrit. She trusted Gerrit. A bit. Trusted Corn more. Combine the two and she was set.

failure

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

(Lying scum)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

"Rosie's Roses? That's... a catchy name. Elegant. Does Rosie exist or it's just a pun on the flower? I must say it is nice either way."
    After they have toasted to new beginnings... a bad beginning. Zeromancer dropped Shadownames in public. And that was the censor of the Order. Corn couldn't help but bite his lip in frustration. Thankfully, he had told his family that he had the nickname "Corn" in college so ... he would use the same thing now.
    "Dude, I have told you that this nickname should have stayed with us in college. I understand that's how my then-roomie introduced me to you, but you don't have to go spill my dirt laundry from people in front of people we barely know.
    Welcome though. I didn't mean to get in your eye here. You just caught me unprepared.
    " By several orders of magnitude, he thought to himself.
    "As for the handbags, as I have explained a few times too many, I am here accompanying some friends and I am watching over their bags." He replied to Zero with a smile. "Maddison has already said nearly every joke there is about it already."

Corn was pretty convincing... although perhaps not convincing enough.
    2 successes

Once Maddison left to dance and he was left with Gerrit , he chuckled.
    "More handbag duty for me. " Not being in the presence of attractive mages, Corn looked back a his sister and her friends, as they were dancing, having attracted more than that one guy. He waved to them and put up a thumbs up, and Jenny returned the signal with a smile. All was good.
    Turning back to Gerrit, Corn asked "Sorry that we overwhelmed you a bit with all the lingo. I was introduced to Zero a few months ago by a friend that knew me from college."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer did not mean to drop their shadow names, but he still was not used to the usage of their real identities having given up his a long time ago. His mentor had told him that by abandoning your given name not only do you make it difficult for others to find you but it makes it more difficult for those with the ability to create a sympathetic connection to you. Additionally he was not at fault here for he knew Corn and Aurora only by their shadow names.

With Gerrit having rebuked his handshake, Zeromancer felt no need to explain himself further to the stranger. The Moros took no offense though, because it was very unlike himself to offer a hand to strangers and was just being respectful for the sake of his friends.

Zeromancer than offered his hand to Aurora, and guided her to the dance floor. While dancing he whispered into her ear, "My apologies for outing your shadow name, I am still new to people not cutting ties to their former lives."

Zeromancer failed to impress with his dance moves.
    failure

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

They had good explanations for their nicknames ready.. but it all felt a bit too convenient. So Madison and Jacob were acquaintances, but 'Zero' knew both of them, and by peculiar weird names no less? Gerrit felt his heart beat heavily in his chest, sending throbs of pain all the way down his arms. His mouth became dry and tasted coppery. And now the intimidating man wanted to have a chance to speak to Madison in private. Were they planning something?

"I, uh-" He cleared his throat. "I think I need to go." He didn't really hear T's further explanations. If he was about to be taken back, it was not because he ignored the red flags. "Sorry. Have a nice evening." He wasn't sure if they could hear him above the noise. His voice sounded weak and strange to his own ears. He didn't want to run. He focused to get out of here, one step at a time and without drawing further attention. He was a bit unsure as he navigated towards the exit and he bumped into several people on his way - but those collisions were further reminders of why he didn't want to be careless.

Without looking back or reacting to anyone, Gerrit went home.
    He took several detours on the way.

Sorry for leaving abruptly - felt right for the Character to take this seriously, even though I would have enjoyed further socializing.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread