Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Grand Opening) Some steps aside

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 31, 2022 : (Open Scene) Nuit D'Encre Grand Opening
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

He quirks a slow eyebrow. "That.... don't work at the company?"

Helen can see his guard come back snapping into place; a strange wariness that makes the blush of life look like the lie it is, his eyes sliding to where her hand gestures without a hair's movement of his neck or body.

"What do you mean those who don't work at the company?" He asks softly, those ball-bearing eyes tracking back to her like a battleship's turrets.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen blinks, a little confused, at least until she realizes she's mixed the euphemisms up. Damn stuff is hard to keep track of sometimes...

"Just got stuff mixed up, I meant folks from outside the office." She chuckles. "I mean, whatever folks you got to do with apart from work ain't really any of my business."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

"Do you mean other... branches of our office?" He asks, tilting his head to one side, some of the facade of humanity filtering back into his face, though that sense of wariness and wire-tight reflex remains.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Will this get any better ? If this thing requires her to see herself as an office worker... Not really. But then, she's made her bed, so now she's going to have to lay in it.

"Yeah, thats what I meant. hard to keep track of who's where sometimes."

As if to make up for the lapse, she just downs the rest of her drink.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

I am dying of laughter. Love it.

Quartermain nodded, the illusion of human movement coming back to him easily. "I believe I understand now," he says after a moment, regarding her with those quiet ball-bearing eyes.

"Forgive me," he offers, oddly seriously, "I... the metaphors we must often use change with the times and I find that I am... perhaps not yet versed with the nomenclature of the city and the times. I hope I have not spoiled the conversation."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Pfff, don't worry about it. Get more among people and that should take care of itself soon enough, really."

She puts the glass down and makes a throw-away gesture with her hand to underline her point. True, Bobby hasn't answered the question, but she isn't going to pry, doubly so in a place like this with folks around and all that.

"So whats your favourite metaphor, then ?"

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

"Would you believe that I don't have one?" He asks, in a tone of self reflection. "I... got so caught up in the business of the company's... branch.. in New York that I never was often in places that required them."

A wry smirk crosses his face as he sips the Old Fashioned, clearly drawing it out and nursing the drink. "I suppose there is something to be said about a work and life balance and overwork killing you, but..."

Quartermain cracks a wry smile, meeting her earlier joke with his own.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I'd say no, but I spent enough time in jobs like that myself to know better."

Because what do you say to something like that ? That its bad ? Sure, but that much should be obvious anyway and apparently, Bobby is self-conscious enough about it as is.

"Yeah, well, life'll kill you too, but it's nicer about it in most cases."

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

"No one gets out in the end, hm?" He replies with another slow sip of the drink. "Even us, I suppose."

He goes quiet for a long few moments, considering the room. "I admit some curiosity, if you will indulge me. Why did you come tonight?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Life's still 100 % fatal, no matter what, even for us. Especially for us, really. I mean, everybody's gotta die of something, right ?"

Helen gives Robert a short playful aside glance, as she looks at her watch and gets up gets up.

"It's a family occasion, not really mandatory attendance, but I thought I'd go take a look what O'Brien put out. Pretty good job, isn't it ? Also, why not see who else would go see a place like this while Im at it. Looks as if it's getting late though and there's a few things that really don't like being kept to wait, I guess. Was nice talking to you, maybe we should continue another time. Your next drink's on me, see you around !"

With that, she gives Robert a nod and makes her way to the exit.

Probably a good time to wrap. I'll leave it open until I get home from work tomorrow if you want to put in a reply and then close this off. Thanks for the fun scene !

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread