Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Grand Opening) Some steps aside

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 31, 2022 : (Open Scene) Nuit D'Encre Grand Opening
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen chuckles as he talks about parents dying from shock upon discovery... Now where does that sound familiar ? "That bad, hm. Wait, you're... a banker ? Dammit, why do I always get those ones ?"

A more quiet place ? That'd probably mean outside, but then, she knows what he means and that's good enough. She takes her drink from the barwoman and puts a bill onto the counter.

"By all means, what about over there ?" She indicates one of the couches with a slight nod of the head and gets moving without waiting for a reply. As she arrives at the(ir ?) destination she flops into the couch as well as tonight's wardrobe allows. Fucking thing ! She sighs. "Cheers, then !" She takes a small swig of the drink, a sample to see how they made it in this place. Hm, bit heavy on the salt, but all in all, pretty okay.

"Well, let's be honest how many people would have been a good fit for their jobs in their youth really ? Most of us need the stupid slapped out first before we're going anywhere anyway."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

((consume food))Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

(Also bookkeeping !)

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

“God no,” he replied, laughing softly as he followed her to the couch, taking a seat slightly across from her. “I work in… architectural design. There’s some level of investments to help maintain a lifestyle I am accustomed to, but…”

He trailed off their, hoping the twitch inside him didn’t show on the surface. If there was anything true of his unlife at the moment it was that it was absolutely not at the ‘lifestyle he was accustomed to’ by any stretch of the imagination. Still, there was no need to advertise that fact.

Some analytical part of him took in her discomfort in the dress, the way she held her drink, the way she carried herself, and wondered if the youth he was reading from her was a mask or the whole truth. Still, it was important to know the players among the city and this was a good a time as any to sound them out.

“And you?” He asked, sipping the Old Fashioned slowly. “How do you fill the endless march of nights?”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Architectural design ? Huh, thats a first... At least she's never really had a lot to do with that lot, really. But that's not the important thing, is it ?

"I read, I watch TV, I knit and every now and then I go out or do some brushing up and re-training. I've pondered visiting a range, but so far nothing's excited me enough to actually go." At least thats the family friendly list of the stuffs, seeing how many outsiders have decided to come hang around the place. "What about you ?" Yes, she's noticed that question sort of fell to the wayside.

She takes another sip from the drink.

"Architecture, eh ? Interesting, I didn't know you could make a living with that in the company."

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

"Within the company, no," he grants. "I am... a hobbyist, in that regard."

Some part of him wondered at the point of the conversation; he knew he needed to make connections. He knew he needed other people like himself, others who understood the Requiem. Hell was four walls and empty space, even if that space now occasionally was occupied by Xan's chatter and incessant questioning.

"What do you do, if I can ask, for the... company?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Ooooh, I see. Like that. Fair enough."

Makes sense, even if that opens other avenues. Although those are sort of taken care of already when cross-referencing.

"Forensic investigation mostly. I also do some security on the side, but not a lot at the moment."

Sure, she could have simply said 'policing', but that sounds too official and like she has to have some gun and a shiny badge. Not that she would particularly mind a shiny badge, but then, most of the time, she's been better off without, really.

"So where'd you get transferred here from ? Some interesting places ?"

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

"Transferred?" He replies, chuckling softly at the terminology. "I... self transferred from New York. Spent a lot of time there, but then decided I needed a... vacation."

He sips the drink, hoping the meaning was clear. "Took a sabbatical from office life to rest. When I came back to it, I decided I needed a fresh start."

While not exactly the truth, he mused, it was close enough to count and true enough​ to count.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Understandable. I've never been one for the big cities, but then, I've also never been to New York. Some say the place ain't that bad. I only know Las vegas and that place was... well, it has its upsides, but theres also lots of stuffs that aren't so nice."

She's not entirely sure what he means with the Sabbatical, but the general direction is clear enough.

"I get that, first day after I got out of my first office job, we threw a pretty big party. I swear that sort of stuff just sucks the life right out of you at times."

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

There is a moment where he doesn't catch the joke, clearly mulling over her words before a small smile lights his face - it's a dramatic change, of sorts; his expression normally a severe one or what would be called in the modern nights a 'resting bitch face', but when lit with smile something softens around the edges of it.

"That is... perhaps the only good pun I can imagine I ever heard," he says after a moment, sipping his drink. "Well said. Well said indeed."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen grins.

"Thanks ! I got my moments sometimes." She looks around and pauses to wave in Chris' general direction. Just because she can. And because she thinks its funny. "Already met many others that don't work at the company ?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread