Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer strides confidently into the vip room. Autumn eyes take in the decor.
    "Quite what I expected. You?". She asks the two gentlemen.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Things immediately felt better with a nice, non-sweet drink in hand. Conner wanted to know how Crystal knew Jennifer? The Mastigos gave his date for the night a quick look before answering. "Well, we've met over a shared friend. And beyond that there's a certain inquisitive spirit the two of us seem to share." That sounded mysterious and sexy, didn't it. "What about you? What's your deal, what brings you here?" Was this a Cruel Intentions kind of situation? Did he and his cousin crash parties together to find someone to play with?

Damn, it was time to get his head out of the gutter. A few big gulps of alcohol would do that. Maybe. "I mean, had you asked me a few days ago what I would expect from a French-titled bar it's definitely this."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner restrains himself from the number of 'Inquisitor' puns wracking his brain. "Quite a fun thing to share, that. It certainly goes a long way towards understanding the world around you." As for why he was here... "I got on this mailing list with the owner and I'd been looking for someplace solid to spend my nights. Ten Ten is fun, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I like someplace quieter." Perhaps 'Sofia' might enjoy a night out here? "If I wasn't worried about getting alcohol on my books, I might be tempted to bring some reading material one of these nights."

He makes sure to give Chris and Jennifer enough space that he isn't crowding them, but enough that they're still in the circle of conversation. He takes in the surroundings, showing a no small amount of appreciation for O'Brien for the upscale yet calming atmosphere. "I've been a bit of a bar-hopper for most of my time in Sacramento. Not out of dissatisfaction, just discovering new things. That and..." He shrugs here, trying his best to look casual. "I've honestly been looking at getting back into the dating scene again." He looks between the inquisitive pair, interested to see how they'll take the topic dangling in front of them.

6. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh believe me, there are things that are way more to share." A smirk to show that Crystal knew exactly how this could be understood. He made sure not to completely zero in on Conner - he was here with Jennifer, after all - but looked the man up and down once more. Maybe a bit too boy-next-door-ish. And.. mailing lists? "Interesting. Do people still use those? Anyway, I haven't been to the Ten Ten since last time we met, so I definitely get you." What he didn't get, however, was reading at a bar. There was a time and a place for everything.

He looked around the room while listening to the rest of Conner's explanation. Was Matthew leaving already? Alone? Huh.
    That smirk reappeared on the Warlock's face again. "Have you now? So tell me: are there any interesting prospects to date in here tonight?"

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The Invictus Lady marked the look from Chris, believing that she was interpreting his thought process correctly. As he replied rather smoothly, the brunette gave Chris a slight nod. Agreeing with the information that he provided Pastor Wells.
    "Well said," She says in her Cursed voice, which sounds like a serpent slithering over dried and dying leaves.

The Nosferatu listens to the two gentlemen, filing away the small bits of information they give. Turning it over in her mind. After a moment, she realizes that she has lapsed in conversation. She stamps out a small bloom of embarrassment over being rude. She was watching a lot of very interesting things, and still determining where exactly she and Chris were going on thier inquisitive journey. Brown eyes also tick over to her cousin Whip O'Brien, the captivating Hound Twist, and her date. She does look back at Pastor Wells. Had Jennifer ever seen him somewhere where Reeve Durant had not arrived or accompanied the man? What was the meaning behind that? She made a gesture for a passing waitress, requesting a grasshopper drink.

QuoteQuote:
    "I mean, had you asked me a few days ago what I would expect from a French-titled bar it's definitely this."
    "Yes, I do enjoy this atmosphere." She states, taking it in with a long look that wrapped around the VIP area. She gave Chris a slightly conspirational glance as Pastor Wells mentions dating and Chris follows up. Her eyes follow him to Matthew. A slight frown on Jennifer's face for a moment. She looks over Pastor Wells, a studying look that she works to keep less predatory. Does it work? Well, she is a predator, for all she couches her actions and intentions with lady - like grace.

"The dating scene, you say? I have sensed some upheavels in the dating scene at present... very intriquing. Although I must admit, I have only seen you in limited company. What sort of qaulities are you looking for in a date, if you don't mind me asking? I assure you, I would not be offended if you decide to keep some mystery." A bit of dancing interest shines in her eyes.
    "Although denying such answers would make facilitating introductions more difficult."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm arrives looking loose and ready to party. Sidles up to the group directly. Confident, relaxed, and friendly. Slightly drunk. But in a charming way. At least in his estimation.

Mr. Party, 1 success

"Evening folks! I'm CW. Sorry to barge in or whatever. But I couldn't stay away. That suit," he says to Crystal, "and that gown," he says to Jennifer. "I've been obsessed since you walked in."

He offers Conner a warm smile, "You're looking good too. Don't worry." Toasts the guy with his Goose before taking a big sip.

"So what's the good word? We enjoying ourselves?"

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner recalls that Chris was quite the outgoing man when they met months ago; that clearly hasn't changed with the venue or the company. Maybe a little too outgoing? He weathers Chris' innuendos though; he was after all in the world even if he wasn't of it. "Of course, with the right people." Plays a little distance without trying to shut his conversation partner down.

It looks like his icebreaker is working a little too well.
    Damn prying eyes and ears! Though Jennifer's reference of 'sensing an upheaval' turns an uncomfortable smirk into a light chuckle. "Is that one of your talents, Jennifer? Wish I had that." Maybe Kindred could sense social landscapes in a way; they could do stranger. But he doesn't want to leave the question unanswered for fear of a) being rude and b) seeming indecisive, so he takes a sip and ponders. "I prefer making connections; emotional, mental...physical goes without saying, I guess." Did it? ​"I don't go for quick tumbles though. I've had some people say I'm 'high maintenance' like that." Dammit, he's really going to own this, isn't he? But as far as people here...

Screw it. Conner decides to browse mentally, and a big physically, over the club's current denizens.
    "Well..." If you say Twist I swear to God and all his angels... "I think I caught sight of an adventurous-looking brunette before we ducked in here. I have a bit of a weakness for women with a bit of danger about them." Of course, danger was relative. But let them think he likes punching above his weight. They wouldn't be wrong. "The blonde at the bar too, I believe I heard her name was Helen. Though I think we've been in similar circles, so we'd have to overcome some familiarity. Because you know what that fosters." Another wry smile. He bets Helen will get a kick out of it if she ever hears about it.

Before Conner can continue, Worm saunters in. The slender party crasher certainly seems earnest, so Conner doesn't begrudge his entry. If he proves too crude, then Conner might find time to run into him in the dark streets outside. "CW? Nice to meet you, man. My name's Conner." The man's spirit is infectious, and Conner finds his speech a bit more relaxed. "Enjoying company, now including yourself." ​A nice distraction from digging himself too deep.

14. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal answered Jennifer's glance with a slightly raised eyebrow and a glint in his eyes. Was he comfortable with her voice and the knowledge about her nature by now? Not really, but frankly this edge was also starting to grow on him by now. How many of those people knew that there was a real vampire among them? "Upheavals? Ha, that's one way to put it I guess."

Oof. Not only was this Conner guy old-fashioned, he counted off basically every woman in the bar besides Jennifer in his answer. Even that one Crystal vaguely remembered from a late-night study session at the library and she really wasn't.. well, whatever. Crystal just nodded along and worked on his drink.

Fortunately, Tiny's rebound decided to do some rebounding himself. Or the guy just realized where the real party was. Crystal greeted the new addition with a bright smile. Not the warmest, but bright. "I'd say the chances of me enjoying myself just went up. Nice to meet you CW, I'm Chris and I'm enchanted by your subtle use of imagery." He pointed at Worm's tattoo with the hand holding his glass. The Warlock knew that trashy could be fun some times - and tonight he was feeling particularly trashy. He toasted the newcomer and emptied his glass.

Hopefully Jennifer wouldn't hold a grudge when he would ditch her and high-maintenance for the fun alternative.

16. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Brown eyes take in CW, cataloging him down to the classic Tevas. Not exactly subtle clues of alignment and intent, yet they certainly say a lot. Those pants look comfortable. Likely good to move in.
    “By all means.” She replies to the man’s insertion, her body language relaxed. Her Cursed voice sounds like a serpent slithering through crumbling autumn leaves. She pauses for three heartbeats for the presumed mortal to adjust.
    “Thank you.” She replies, a hand smoothing the fine material of her scarf in a lady – like manner. Her hand settles in her lap. “I must say, I like your outfit, CW. Nice shade of green.”
    She did have about fifteen shades of green in her own closet.

Autumn eyes flick to Conner. She meets his eyes with a steady, flat stare. Just for a beat. Her talent, hm? Her talent left most writhing in discomfort and fear. Yet the beat passes. She relaxes minutely, her gaze no longer a direct stare and glancing at the two other conversationalists. No longer appearing like she was a predator deciding if Connor was no longer a fun mouse. He had connections to her ally, after all.
    “Quick tumbles.” She states, letting her Curse hang on the word. Not what she had expected as an answer. She’d never quite heard a man rattle off attractive women who might actually hear him.
    “Helen, you say.”
    Her eyes move away from Conner.

Crystal welcomes the newcomer to the conversation in what she was deciding was a very Crystal way. It did make Crystal a bit of a puzzle. He wasn’t a simple flirt. It was rather nice to have someone who had an idea what subtle imagery was. She looks away from Conner, giving Crystal and CW her eyes for a moment. Clearly indicating that she was attentive to the conversation.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Pleasure's all mine Conner," Worm replies. Sips his drink. Takes in the VIP area. "Seems like you folks found the right spot. Glad I followed you in here."

Chris, huh? The Colonel looks him up and down with frank interest. Almost hunger. It is clear that he is not a shy fellow. "Finally, a lover of fine art," the Goblin says with a rakish grin. He tugs at his collar to fully expose the well-hung lepidopteran. "Ran into the owner of this joint back by the bar and he asked me to cover this up. Can you believe it?" As is often the case, his tone straddles the line between slapstick and serious. It's unclear whether he's offended or just playing offended. "Might as well throw a tarp over the Mona Lisa, am I right?"

Jennifer's voice is like a slap in the face. But Worm doesn't mind being slapped. In the right context. He takes another sip of his drink, laughing eyes watching her over the rim of his glass. The group might notice the ragged condition of his knuckles. Only a couple reasons they would be in that state.

"Thank you," he beams at Jennifer. "It takes a lot to look this good. As I'm sure you know. Glad somebody noticed." A woman who dresses herself with that level of care will surely understand.

"So, y'all come here together? Or are we all just strangers in the night?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread