[A delivered letter, sealed with purple and gold wax. A monogrammed “Q” pressed into the wax. Sealed to the letter by said wax, a sprig of Box Tree (Stoicism), Red Clover (Industry), and Garden Sage (Esteem)

The letter inside is hand written in a smooth and flowing script.]

Unto the Seneschal Jacque, Speaker and Priscus of the Ventrue,

I send you greetings on this cold January evening and wish to extend my thanks for your introductions and efforts at Court on my behalf. The first evening in a new Domain’s court is often challenging and your assistance was most welcome and appreciated.

It is my hope to seek your counsel on a matter – I wish to do all proper honors and courtesies to Her Grace, Her Grace, Alder Lady Alessandra Antinori, Prince of Sacramento and Priscus of Gangrel, while at the same time understanding that I am, thus far, beneath her notice as a newly acknowledged member of her Domain. Does Her Grace prefer to be sought out by those who are newly acknowledged or does She prefer to be left to her evening’s requiem without such hindrances, choosing where and when to take her notice of a newcomer?

It is my hope to become better acquainted as I find myself filled with much idleness in these evenings and four plain walls make for poor company and poorer conversation. While our evenings are each to our own, it is my belief and experience that a Kindred of Quality needs must be of service and use to the Estate and the Domain in which he resides – and I do desire both, in spades.

I remain, your ob’dt,

R. Quartermain, Alder Soldier of the First Estate