Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The thing with winters in Sacramento, aside from not really being all that cold?

There was always a block party going on. This one was a mix of popular street vendors, local breweries showing off new flavors, and anything else you can imagine.

With the street blocked off with cones and hanging lights, one could freely walk from one vendor to another. Some tables were setup here and there, giving you a place to sit if you wished, and also music. A local band playing hits from the 90’s to today. Hell, there was even some desert trucks!

Aurora found herself at the block party that night. It would be a great way to network and see if she could land an apprenticeship at a local brewery. And she wanted to get out. So she found herself at various vendors, discussing the finer art of brewing, exchanging numbers and laughs. Would anything come of it? She wasn’t sure, but it was fun. Kinda dressed for the colder weather, she wore black skinny jeans with a low-cut sweater. A single chain hung around her neck, adding a bit of something to the bare area.

Currently she was sipping a sample from one of the breweries.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny ambles along the crowd, enjoying the good drinks and the memorable music from his younger years. He's dressed professionally, as he always does, in a reasonable suit with a bright red tie and a lightning bolt pin in his lapel. He's a short man, barely hitting 5 feet, and his spends much of his time craning his head up at the taller people.

A block party wasn't his typical scene, but with the railyards project once again in a standstill and the pack as organized as a kindergarten on a field trip, he found himself once again dipping back into the human world for more personal engagement and fun.
    And good beer was nothing to sneer at. He was enjoying a lightly hopped kolsch that strayed just a bit too far into the blueberry flavor, but worth the new experience. The table he found himself at had a gorgeous woman looking confidently over the crowd. Seriously, were there any gorgeous men left?
    "Good evening. I went with the Kolsch from Sudwerk, and I found it a little too sweet, what about yours?" He asks Aurora , striking up a friendly smile. It was the only redeeming part of him, the bald head and nasally voice weren't flaws per se, but definitely didn't bring in the good conversation on their own.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

One thing she was not expecting was a man in a suit. Seemed a bit overdressed in her mind, but hell, whatever.

“Evening.” She replies, listening as he talked about his beer, “I haven’t tried that one yet, thanks for the heads up. Sometimes sweet works, sometimes it doesn’t, has to be the right balance.” Which was why she didn’t mess with flavored beer too much.

The gentleman had friendly air to him, his smile catching.

Holding her cup up, “A new one from Porchlight, called Serpent Smooches.” Chuckling at the name, it’s was really what caught her eye, “It’s a Sour, a mix of passion fruit, guava, orange and some sea salt. Which works surprisingly well together." if you liked sours.

“I’m Madison by the way.”

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny snorts at the name, "They come up with such clever alliteration." The last time he'd tangled with a snake, avoiding the "smooches" had been rather high on to do list.

"I'm Matthew, I've never really gone for Sours, I usually like the slightly sweet, slightly dry beers. Kolsch and Hefs and the like."
    He takes another drink, despite the fact he doesn't like it, he seems to be savoring the beer.
    "That sounds fruity, though I'm still getting used to this idea of fruit in beer; things are a lot better than they used to be."

Don't say it. You are too young to pull a back in my day.

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “And they always draw the curious.” Another sip taken, “Have to admit, I’m a sucker for a cleverly named drink.” It was also good marketing.

“Hi Matthew.” Listening to him talk about sours, “Just not a taste you really like?” she asks before shrugging, “Flavored beers are not usually my thing. Like, I won’t go out of my way for one, but give it a fun name and I feel like I have to try it.” Just how she was.

Then they used to be? An interesting way of putting it.

“Fruit can be difficult in beer, but I have come across one delicious one, a fruit Lambic. It has the perfect blend of the bubbles from champagne, but has a wonderful raspberry flavor. It comes in other flavors, but the raspberry has always stood out to me. Its base is a sour, but it isn’t overpowering, especially with the flavors. Almost like not drinking a beer.” It was something she had not been able to master making herself.

“I have to agree with you there. The beer industry has come a long way with more microbreweries and craft beers appearing and being embraced. But sometimes you just want a regular beer, no extra flavors, just hops, grain and some barley."

9. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Names have lots of power, and clever names often are clever drinks. Crappy names on the other hand, well, horse piss is commonly described."

Tiny wondered if there was a spirit of the Serpent Smooches. He would have to take a look sometime.

He shakes his head at her question, "I'm not opposed to fruit in beer, merely unused to it. Trying new things is what nights like this are for so I'll have to find that fruit Lambic. You seem quite knowledgeable in the art of turning wheat into liquid gold. Do you work in the brewing industry?" She was certainly pretty enough to be a bartender, but she projected a great confidence, more like she was a brewer or owner.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman laughs, “Or skunk piss, but like yours better.” Clearly enjoying the joke.

A more understanding nod, “I see. It can be hard to get used to, or even know where to start.” So many new beers coming out all the time. “You have to try it! If you like the taste of raspberries, and bubbles of champagne, you’ll love it!” she sounded quite sure. “And if not, then I’ll buy you a beer you like.” She offers. “Kinda?” replies the blonde, “I’ve been brewing my own for a while now, so I understand some of the ins and outs of it.” Not talking it up or anything. To her, it was a hobby and nothing special. “It can be quite relaxing to spend the day brewing.” Sometimes. If she was already in a bad mood…it never helped. “What about you? What do you do?”

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

BLOCK PAR-TAY!

What Spring Courtier could pass that up? Food, beer, music, and lots of Desire wafting around. Prime feeding grounds for any member of the Antlered Crown.

2 successes

Soaking in the heady Glamour, Sonnie Wu called out towards the band, "Play Hootie and the Blowfish!" Which song didn't matter, they were one of her 90s faves.

Dressed in , she had some funnel cake in her hands, bought from one of the food trucks (there was always at least one selling funnel cake at these shindigs). Taking a bite, she people-watched, observing the various Glamour-generators party-goers that came and went and muddled about.

The super hot blonde and the weird-looking dude caught her sharp-eyed attention almost immediately.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny snorts in amusement at skunk piss. He hadn't expected that.
    "Sure. Show me your secrets." He laughs as he follows her to the lambic brewer. He buys his own, and then he drinks deeply, without hesitation. "This is good. I like the sweetness, though a pity i've never liked rasberries. A fascinating flavor combination." He drinks again. Its clear he is enjoying the experience of trying something rather than this actual dirnk.

"I am a solo lawyer. Contracts and trusts for the most part, though I generally do whatever can get me a job. I even did criminal defense for a time. Thankefully, no one has needed me for that recently. If brewing is a hobby, what do you do to fund such a delicious practice?"

"Sonnie!"
    He calls out to the rambunctious woman, grateful to see she hasn't a slice of cake in hand. "It is good to see you again. Do you remember me?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was hard to miss the playful good looks of the brunette. Something about her was mischievous, and it caught her attention.

A smile, nod and raise of her glass was offered. Giving the girl an opening if she wanted to come talk.

Oh the secrets she could show him. “Oh, well, they have other flavors. There is one called Cassis, which has a black current flavor, and a Pomme, an apple flavor.” She knew the drinks well, always having some in her fridge. “I’ve found them to be dangerous.” Laughing, “I have a hard time tasting the alcohol in them and find I drink more than I intended.” Ordering herself one of the Pomme.

Eyes widen in surprise, “Wow, that is quite the career!” sounding impressed. “Do you enjoy it?” she would hate it. “I’m a performer or sorts. Mostly side show acts. Though I’ve been trying my hand at refurbishing furniture and selling it.” She just wasn’t as into performing as she used to be.

Sonnie? Looking toward the woman, so he knew her.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread