(Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Rhodes
    Ring ring after sunset.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

There are a few rings before the answer.

"Maxwell Rhodes."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"Hey Rhodes. I'm sorry for calling so late. And for what I'm about to ask but I don't have a lot of time and I think you're the best to ask.

Gargrimur Puhclo Reshdat. It's some sort of... small god, not from the backyard, doesn't follow our rules, and it's... infected Frances. My shift lead. I need to know if you know how to drive it, or something like it, off. And if you don't... please... can you research it. I don't there's long till it takes her. Sunrise."

"I'll promise to owe you, if you've got an answer that can save her,"
    he added, feeling the Wyrd hang in the air with his words.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Hmm."

2 successes

There is a long pause. "If you're talking literal infection, supernatural methods require supernatural solutions. Fruits, or contracts of healing. At the very least they should buy time for me to find a more practical solution. If you mean possession, such things are usually outside our sphere. They don't fit the narrative, so it's nothing we usually have ties to. Darklings have an affinity for contracts that deal with ghosts and spirits, though anything that works directly against would be potent and I do not know if anyone has anything like that nearby."

There's a small pause. "If this is a more.... literal taking, you may be able to reason with this being. That is far more our wheelhouse. Negotiate, trick it, trap it in a pledge. Of course, that can be a very eleventh-hour resolution. There is also... enthralment." The voice sounds cautious. "Binding a mortal to ourselves by magic. It grants them... a measure of supernatural protection, but not much. And that magical bind works both ways and not easily reversible. It's exactly the same progression as you might think, binding a mortal to a changeling."

There is the sound of rusting papers and clipped footsteps vaguely from the phone. "I can head to the Archive now. it would... be more helpful if I could see this Frances myself. There's no substitute for first-hand observation with these things."

I have no idea who that is OOC, or quite what this is all about, but I can do a glimpse or something to research it. I'm just not so sure what I'm looking for.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

"More like... a shadow attached to her. With eyes. Shaping her to be like it. Changing how she thinks and feels. So... possession I guess. Elleanor already tried some healing. I don't think it worked." You can hear a hard scraping of nail on horn.

"There was a necklace she had, some sort of prison. I'm going to try and fix it. If I can get Mary to bring it."

"Seeing her is already dangerous. It can disappear at will, and can't be truly killed. And us being there first hand made it mad. I've got some ideas for a plan but I don't have time to do everything. If you can research, I'll try to fix the prison. And if you want," there was a hesitant pause "meet me at (address). Pretty sure we've only got till sunrise."

I could explain but I as a player know more than my character does. I'll check what the rolls might be like if you would be able to join the plot (if that's something you're interested in.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

There's the sound of clicking. "That sounds like possession of some kind. If the source was a cursed item of some kind, releaseing this shadow-creature...." Rhodes sighs. "There are contracts that can mend items - that may be your best bet. You may need to make physical contact with the item on the creature to bimnd it again. I'll see what I can find out and let you know. Talk soon."

So, Scourge , do you want a glimpse for this or something else?

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Glimpse is fine by me. Probably tag Dr Dog so he can get you any info.

Closed Thread