Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Milton Calls Mable

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Having ascertained that the Crone Farm may be a likely site for the raiders' ritual sacrifice, Milton dials Mable's number to alert her to the possibility of unfriendly visitors.

*Ring Ring*@%1; Psychangel
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

2. Likes liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's phone rings. She looks at it blankly..."Hello?"

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

It's clear from her tone that Mable does not know his number. Would she even remember giving him her card? No matter. This is too important to ponder the improprieties of cold calling.

"Good evening, Ms. Wood, this is Mr. Milton Northbridge calling. We met at a gathering of associates a few months ago. Ms. Hazelton asked that I contact you concerning a matter of great importance. It involves your...farm. Do you have a moment to speak?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh Milton. She'd have to add his number to her contacts. "Hi, it's great hearing from you. Yes, I remember meeting you. The farm? Sure I have time to speak. Did you want to meet somewhere?"

Her mind was frantically wondering what could be so important involving the farm. If it was just to have a gathering surely he would have worded it differently.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Very good," replies Milton. Thinking quickly about how he can communicate the necessary details over the phone.

"Unfortunately, there's no time for a proper meeting. I apologize. We thought it best to warn you that there is a strong possibility that the farm may be visited this evening by some rather...hostile tourists who recently arrived in the city by boat. Individuals like you and I who may be planning to use your property without permission for a kind of celebration. They should be considered extremely dangerous." A pause, not to catch his breath but to allow the Savage a moment to process the information. "The situation is still developing, but I believe that a group of Sacramento natives, including (at least) Mr. Heinrich, Mr. O'Connor, and Mr. Nap will be heading to the farm directly to help with the eviction of these interlopers if necessary. The visitors may also have some stolen property from a break in last night that should be recovered. As I said, the matter is still quite fluid, but I will text you as the situation develops."

With that, Milton ends his update, waiting to see if Mable might have any questions.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened carefully, Milton was good. Her instincts about him seemed correct. She forced a gasp and a sigh (incase this was being listened to)..."Thanks. What is the ETA of them and you? How many of them?"

Her mind was racing. Horses, chickens, and cats needed to get to safety. She knew no more info could be given about them but she would lock down what she could and prepare.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

()Hunter Spent
    PRE

"Again, I apologize, Ms. Wood" Milton replies, "but we don't have many details on their time table. Indeed, we were only able to ascertain their possible destination using information gleaned from one of their party we managed to...interview, as well as some additional research. The farm appears to be the most probable site for their purposes, but not even that is certain. I can say that they will number at least five."

A pause in which Mable can hear the sounds of discussion on his end. "A course of action is still being formulated here. I will let you know as soon as our friends are en route to the farm. Should they expect to find you there?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I understand."

She tried to here the conversation in the back ground. She could hear Dirt's voice and Jennifer's slithering voice was felt through the phone. Other voices she didn't quite catch and no words came through clearly.

"Yes. I will be here. I need to tend to the animals while I wait. Anything else I should do to prepare? Weaknesses we know about?"

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Thank you, Ms. Wood. I appreciate your understanding. I know that this is a lot to process with very few solid details."

A pause.

"The leaders of this little group are actually distant relatives of my own family. They have similar talents. However, they also share some...intolerances with our more shadowy friends." That's all he's willing to say over the phone. Milton hopes it is enough.

"As I said, I will be in touch via text when more details are forthcoming. Please feel free to contact me if anything should be...out of sorts when you reach your property. Stay safe, Ms. Wood."

With that, Milton disconnects and returns to the discussion on his end.

Thanks for this little conversation! Milton will text Mable as soon as the plot moves forward.

11. Likes liked this post
Closed Thread