Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner out Ten Ten Room

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods slightly, pleased that he understood where she was coming from. She hadn't thought of intuition in the sense of possessing it herself in awhile. She mostly considered listening to the paranoid whispers of her Beast, who recalled the cold, empty cavernous feeling of Torpor with trepidation.
    "I agree with you." Jennifer replies. "Practical and sensible lead to long lives."

She didn't say any of the cliches about trailblazing or being in history books that contradicted listening to intuition. She needed to avoid being an entry in a history book.
    "Oh that could be very exciting. The next 'Game of Thrones' would be big. Do you get a sense this could be the same level?" The brunette gave a sincere smile.
    "Congratulations on landing the role! It sounds like it will do wonders for your career."

She leaned in a bit, her slithering voice dropping a bit as she confided.
    "I think it was very clever to establish 'Steve'. "

Jennifer finished her Elder drink and set it out for the waiter to collect. Jennifer leaned back a bit, glancing around subtly. Trying to be subtle. She doubted anyone would be checking who she was dining with, yet she did have an urge to make sure that no one was giving them the wrong sort of attention. After a moment of casually looking around and making a casual remark on how pretty the bottles of liquer were on display, she decided it was likely alright. She took a moment to check the menu, making a slight gesture to it.
    "Shall we get something to eat? Not the home cooked meal I promised..." She gave a smile. "We'll have to rain check that. I would like to have a quiet dinner in soon."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods when Jennifer talks about being cautious leading to a long life. At least for a vampire and a wizard, dying of natural causes didn't seem too likely. And practical and sensible...was how you did things, not what the things were. You could do insanely dangerous things in a practical and sensible way. He'd done it. Taken a week practicing in a full size mock up of a building before going out and doing...insanely dangerous things. You can 'manage risk' without avoiding doing the risky stuff.

He smiles when she talks about the thing he's going to be in, and 'Game of Thrones'. He wonders' if she's a fan. It seems like...not her style, but then he is really still learning what she likes and doesn't. She's heard about it tho, unless she's just taking it how he put out there, a big deal that anyone would want to be as big a success as.

"Well, I don't think so. The script doesn't have nudity anyway, or really graphic violence either, I mean, not a bunch of gore." He says, "But yeah, it's a big deal for my career no matter what happens, since I didn't really have anything but local theatre to put on my resume' before."

"Thanks." Kaze says, grinning when Jennifer says she thinks it was smart to establish a rock solid alias. "I just have to get used to thinking that way now. But hey, actor, right? I can do this." He laughs!

When Jennifer asks about food, he nods eagerly. "I'm feeling pretty chill. Like 'burger of the week'."

He smiles again and says, "So, I'm gonna just ask, okay? Are you wanting to pay for dinner? Because I am totally fine buying, for both of us or just for me."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I think that is a good thing. You are trying to make something better for the people in your life. It is important to have ties that make you feel connected." She wasn't sure if ths formal support deal was similiar to Covenants. Yet Jennifer encouraged her allies and Family to join Covenants, even if their truth led them away from her Covenant. "I feel that connection with others who have similiar ideals to yourself is vital."
    "I am glad that you agree. I had not considered it as intuition... I suppose its because of the difference between us."
    As gently as she could refer to her Beast with a Magic User.
    "I was once hurt badly and entered a ..." Pause for emphasis. "- comatose state. It helped me identify the mistakes that I had made to lead me to that injury. It also created a situation where allies and Family proved who cared enough for me to help me recover. As well as point out hard truths afterwards."
    She was thinking of the Knight of the Thorned Wreath who had defended her, and in private, pointed out new truths.

"If I had not had a group of like - minded individuals on which to lean, my circumstances could have affected me very differently."

"I'm comfortable paying. I don't want to make you uncomfortable if you would rather buy dinner." Jennifer assures.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods and smiles at Jennifer's encouragement about the Cabal. He hopes it works out this time.

"Wow. Yeah. I'm really glad you had that to. And...yeah, it sounds pretty close to what I'm trying for. 'Mutual defense and aid' is a big part of it." He agrees.

"Yeah. Okay. Wow.." He says. "I...am not sure I really understand, but I'm okay with that." Kaze says, smiling when Jennifer alludes to her Beast's influence. "I mean, for me...it's just like...a lack of harmony, like something's off, and is bugging me until I bring it into alignment, you know?" He tries to explain. "I guess by 'bring it into alignment', I mean make a choice, a decision. I just don't believe in putting that off, if it doesn't feel right. I used to worry a lot more about conflict, but now I just want to be open about things and settle them."

Kaze nods then. "Like, I am totally cool with you paying, or with me paying, but I felt like it would bug me if I didn't ask how you felt, like, outright." He says.

"How about you get this one, and I pick where we eat, and pay next time?"

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods slightly, showing that she is actively listening as Kaze shares his thoughts. It was nice to be able to take the time and truly listen to him. Double dates were fun... yet this one on one was special, as well.
    "I think harmony is important to one's life."

It felt strange using 'life'. She was so used to Kindred terms. Yet she thinks that she understands Chris' meaning. She strives for balance in her Danse. She feeds from someone, and she leaves them better for it. Whether it be a few bills slipped in their pocket or a more thought out larger donation to an organization that would help them. She knew she was a blood thief, yet wanted to leave the victims better off for it.
    "That sounds perfect. This one is on me," Jennifer agrees. "- I am curious to see what sort of place you would pick."

"Now, what shall I rent for our movie date next time?" Jennifer inquires with interest. "I know we discussed John Wick. The most recent current film I have watched with Die hard with a Vengeance, I think it was called. The most recent Die Hard film."
    Jennifer raised a hand to flag down the waiter. "I think I will try the steak friters. That word just sounds fun."
    "Have you seen Chris and Matthew lately?" She inquires. "It was nice seeing them at the Underground tour."

10. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins, "I know my favorite places to eat are super relaxed. Like a Roberto's Taco Shop or something; I'm not really into fast food chains though."

Kaze smiles at movie talk. "You know, honestly I am just looking forward to learning more about you as a person by what you like. I mean, you said watching 'Die Hard' was a tradition, so I guess that doesn't have to mean you're really into action movies or even movies in general." He says thoughtfully.

"So yeah. If you could do whatever and didn't have to worry about what I wanted to do, do you have anything like that? I mean it doesn't have to be a big deal like going to Vegas, just something you like or want to try that you never get to do with someone else?" He suggests.

He grins when Jennifer says she likes the sound of the word, fritter. "Hey do you know any other languages? I'm just curious, cause I don't really think of myself as a great student, but I like learning languages. So far I can speak and read and write Japanese and Chinese. Chinese was hard, but I had a head start with Japanese." He says. "I'm kinda feeling like either Korean or maybe a Western language next, like French maybe. Or Spanish, I guess, would be practical."

Kaze looks a little sad when Jennifer asks about Chris and Matthew. "I see Chris a lot, and he's good. I haven't seen Matthew tho. I feel like it maybe didn't work out between them."

12. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I would like to catch a film with you. I do like that you knew what I am interested in - the Opening Night at Rosie's Roses was perfect. It was so nice to meet your good friend." Jennifer is sincere as she expresses her feeling.

"I would be interested in looking about the city for intriquing sites. There are wonderful art muesems... I don't know much about them, but I have started to study art appreciation books.
    For fun, I would like to go try something new together. Is there anything that you would like to learn?"

"I do not know other languages, although I am curious about learning Italian and Mandarin. I think Mandarin is used often around the world. How did you like learning Japanese and Chinese? I had a friend in college who learned Japanese in a college setting. He said that it was quite difficult.
    What sort of Western language would you like to learn? I would be interested in learning alongside you."

"Oh, that is surprising."
    Jennifer's face became more somber. "I like them both a great deal. Although I don't feel that I know Chris as well as I do Matthew."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles. "Okay, dinner and a movie." He agrees. "Or movie and a dinner, maybe."

"You didn't say what kind of movies you are really interested in though. Seriously, what do you like?" He asks.

"I could totally do art museums." Kaze agrees. "I'm more into it now that I kind of get into the whole artist perspective, like, 'what is the artist saying here?' and stuff. Before the most artistic thing I was kind of working on was calligraphy, Chinese characters, mostly." He says, not mentioning that he was practicing for working on Atlantean runic writing. This is definitely not the place to bring up anything like that.

"Yeah, I learned Japanese as a kid, so it wasn't hard, just...you know happened. And Chinese is a lot easier if you already know the writing system, which Japanese is based on."
    Kaze explains modestly.

"Huh. Italian. That's interesting. Why Italian in particular?" He asks.

16. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer lowered her cursed voice as she continues."I haven't watched a new movie in about ten years. I like action films.
    I'm sure that there's a lot of them to catch up on. Princess Bride is my favorite film."

Jennifer spoke normally.
    "Calligraphy seems very hard. How do you like it?

You mentioned who I reminded you of. Did you speak Japanese together?"

"I know two people who speak Italian." Jennifer replied. "Although I am thinking that Japanese sounds very interesting. Do you have a chance to speak with people a lot?"

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles when Jennifer says she hasn't seen a movie in ten years. "Wow. I'm totally flattered you want to break that streak with me." He says, grinning now.

"So, what was the last movie you saw that you liked? What did you like about it?" He asks.

"It was hard. At first. Basically just slowing down for the brush strokes and learning to let it just flow instead of overthinking and over controlling it to try to make it perfect." Kaze says when Jennifer asks about Calligraphy.

He smiles when she asks about his mother. "Yeah. My mom and dad and my grandfather all spoke Japanese, and wrote it too." He says.

"I don't really speak it too much anymore. I mean, I watch some shows and there's a few restaurants I like where they speak Japanese. That friend I told you about, the other orphan? She spoke it to, but she's been gone for months now." He says.

"What's interesting to you about Japanese?" He asks. "I'm down with Italian. Really I figured I would start with one or the Romance languages, French, Spanish, Italian and just learn the others from there."

"Maybe get into Latin after that."

20. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread