Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The River Walk Park was technically in the Barrens but only just. It was just west of downtown on the farside of the river. It was fairly empty and open and way too bright to be stalking prey even this late at night. Of course, he wasn’t here to hunt. Just to walk. Clear his head, enjoy nature and the view Maybe even spend time with people away from court and the toxic environment of Kindred society.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/da/9b/62/d...sacramento.jpg
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

The summer night was home to many sounds; the scattered steps of lone folks or couples against the sidewalk, the screeching of crickets, the tell-tale calls of the nighttime birds...

And tonight, there was a low, humming sound interspersed between rumbling footsteps.

Liam had yet to explore this side of Sacramento, and he found himself in a state where we couldn't sleep. Too many restless dreams of Back There. And so he took to the River Walk to find some solace in the heat and the moonlight.

As he strides down the path he takes a look at the imposing ziggurat. There's a bit of a smug grin, knowing that at one point he could've looked over it without even straining. But then a lone stranger catches his eye, and he makes his way forward. "Good evening! Nice night for a walk, isn't it?"
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

(-1 Vitae Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The text had been a surprise. Though what surprised her more was that she actually heads out. Social was difficult for her. But she couldn’t improve it if she didn’t try it more.

Her clothes were more casual than what she would wear around Court. Black jeans with a black fitted t-shirt, dark hair down.

Finding her cousin wasn’t difficult. Just follow the rage of her Beast, which could pick out the weakness in a crowd. Not that it was crowded, but it made it easier. And seemed it had made a friend already. A tall fucking friend. Damn.

As she approaches, she takes the time sooth her Beast, there would be no bloodshed here. That wasn’t appropriate and would create quite the scene. An ink hand was raised in greeting, a knowing smile appearing, “Thanks for the invite, never been here before.” Now, did her cousin go by JC, or something else? While it didn’t matter, she was making an effort. Though he was looking rather...dead.

Now to the giant,
    “It certainly is.” Says the Italian.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

JC hadn't been expecting to run into anyone living. Well, or at least not to anyone who would stop and talk to him. An aspect of casual isolation that pervaded much of American culture. And Canadian too to be fair. You didn't walk down the street expecting everyone to greet you and meaningfully ask about your day.

Which was why it was a bit surprising when Liam came forward. That and the fact that it felt like he was ten feet tall.

"Eh, hi," JC quickly forced his blood to flow. He hadn't bothered because distance, late night lighting, and aforementioned isolation meant it wasn't hard to brush off a passing stranger that looked like death. Up close and personal (and several feet above) was another story.

Made more complicated by Alessandra appearing just then. There was a compulsion to introduce her to the man because she didn't know him. Unfortunately neither did JC.

"Sofia, hi. Glad you could make it. I was just about to start." The beast wanted to attack but luckily there wasn't much it could latch onto to to further its irrational instincts and JC pushed down the thought.

"Sorry, I don't know your name." More for the Prince's benefit. "I'm JC, but yes, nice night for a walk. I've seen this place from across the river but never been here before. Would you like to join?" The giant had been brave enough to approach, might as well ask.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam gives a warm smile, hands to his sides. He seems a bit nervous, which he expects given he's bigger and more loud-spoken than most. But he does his best to keep a calm voice and a warm smile. A more observant creature might've wondered about the sudden flush of color in the Gangrel's skin, but Liam simply takes it as his natural charm helping the mundy warm up to him. 'Sofia' walks up and for a moment he wonders if she's a Fairest, but he doesn't see anything behind a Mask. All the better, I guess; can't say I'd wish what happens to us on anyone.

He extends a hand to JC, gripping it if he accepts the handshake. "Name's Liam. Pleased to meet you JC." He gives a polite nod to Sofia; the lady didn't exactly look fragile, but he wanted to be polite. "And you too, Sofia." The Giant's face visibly beams when JC offers to let him join. "Of course! This is new territory for me too. I've only been in town a few months."

He gets in line just off of JC's shoulder, just in the off-case the two of them were a couple and they wanted to hold hands. Heaven forbid a Spring get in the way of PDA. "So, how do you two know each other?" He always got a thrill hearing strangers' stories.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, he remembered her Kine name. Bonus points for him. Made things less awkward.

“Seems I arrived just in time then.” She says with an easy smile. Could she arrive late? Probably, but it would depend on who you asked. And she caught the change in skin tone, an eyebrow was raised, but nothing said.

And he goes by JC.

Dark eyes look to the giant as he introduces himself, “Hello Liam, pleased to meet you.” The Italian could be friendly. And this was good, this was her learning to be more social, maybe more approachable.

“A few months huh? Well, welcome to the city and all. Where’d you move here from?” see, she could make small talk. Well, kinda.

She also places herself off to the side, a spot where she can keep both in her line of sight. Old habit, new area. The age-old question…how do people know each other.

“We’ve shared a drink together in a few bars. He’s good company.” She offers. Cause if she said they work together, then it would be well…where do you work. And she didn’t want to spin a whole story.

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Nice to meet you Liam,” he said shaking the huge man’s hand, his own dwarfed. However, JC could feel the blood flowing beneath the guy’s skin and knew of the two of them, only one was at risk of eating the other. How much more blood would a giant have anyway?

He did his best not to think of feeding.

He gave a small smile at the Prince’s compliment, ignoring the darker parts telling him she was lying. With the assembly, JC started walking slowly forward. Reminding himself to enjoy the night air. Focus on the moment.

“I’m still fairly new myself. Relatively. Been here about a year so definitely places I haven’t explored. I’m not even sure what the building is for,” he said indicating the glowing ziggurat “Striking though.”

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam slows his normally prodigious strides to match his new walking companions, hands loose at his sides as the nighttime temperature seeped into his bark-like skin just below the surface.

"From Portland originally; nice place, lots of great outdoor spots."
    He says in answer to Sofia's question. "I do miss the cooler weather up north, but Sacramento's not so bad. The people more than make up for it." How long had it been since Liam had seen or enjoyed a good snow? Maybe this winter he'd see about looking for any nearby mountains. "Really, I've heard there are quite a few good bars in town. I've even applied to work for some of them." The lady certainly looked like the sort of person you'd find bar hopping. JC though was pretty quiet, perhaps the kind who enjoyed people watching? Either way, Liam thought they made interesting folks, if not a cute couple.

JC points out the ziggurat, and Liam looks it over once again. "Well, most big things are made to attract attention, either to scare folks away or draw them closer. Like a big neon 'don't mess with me' sign." There's a bit of a grimace on Liam's face for a moment, and one could almost hear his branch-limbs creak. The structure was indeed imposing, looking a bit out of place in the peaceful park. He shakes off his gloominess though; this was a night to celebrate being out and about and free in the world. ​"Of course, some big things are built because a lot of people put in hard work and care to make 'em."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

When her cousin began to walk, she did as well, dark eyes taking in the area around them. Looking for threats or anything that might be a problem. Old habit.

A small smirk, “Now I feel like I should be the expert on the city!” there was a laugh. She had been here for many years. Risen though the ranks and paid her pound of flesh. Taken some pounds of flesh. Looking at the building, “It does create quite the sight, drawing the eye. Haven’t quite seen a building like it before, though it does remind me Egypt, but with a modern twist.” Thoughtfully looking at it. “Wonder if it was a project of pride or simply attempting to appealing.” Some people designed things with no rhyme or reason.

“Portland?” a small nod, “Haven’t been up that way, a place you’d recommend?” cattle liked small talk, right? This was small talk. Maybe? “Oh, a bartender? Or waiter?” bars could have waitstaff. “And there are bars for pretty much everyone here, never had any problem finding a good bar to spend some time in on the weekends.” There was expensive ones and cheap ones.

“Hmmm,” thinking on what Liam had said, “that’s one way to look at it. Though maybe it’s one of those things that’s in the middle. Scare away those that are intimidated by it, but also attracting those who are curious.”

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC gave a soft smile. He’d been through Portland but only for a short time. However, he could understand missing the cooler weather since he did himself from time to time, even if the sensations were different after the Embrace. None of which he could let Liam know. So the topic to focus on was an easy choice.

“You have a favorite recommendation for a bar?” he asked. It was always good to know good hunting grounds. And sometimes you just needed a drink when medication no longer worked.

“I was thinking Aztec, with the steps and I guess location. Did the Aztec empire ever reach here?” The question was asked without any actual expectation of an answer, just allowing his mind to vocalize his thoughts for once in the relative safety of the park. This wasn’t court where ignorance of trivia might be seen as weakness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread