Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Letter to Seneschal Jack

THREADID

Jennifer Hazelton

The Seneschal finds a ghoul courier awaiting him at his office upon arrival for the evening. The ghoul is dressed smartly in an expensive black suit, white dress shirt with kerry green tie.
    "May I inquire if you are Seneschal Jack, sir?" The ghoul asks politely.
    At an affirmative, the ghoul respectfully offers a double envelope invitation size envelope. The outer envelope is sealed with the Nosferatu crest in green wax, yet the envelope blank.
    Opening the wax seal revealed his proper title: Seneschal Jack, Priscus of the Ventrue on the interior envelope.
    " I can wait for a response." The ghoul offers and moves so he wouldn't presume to pressure the kindred.

Good evening to you Seneschal Jack,
    I am Lady Hall, writing to you from St. Louis. I have been in contact with Mr. and Miss Kowalsic regarding their research into Mr. Pope. I have been monitoring the interest of the Ordul Dracul into Mr. Pope, and believe that they would consider someone of his knowledge a Wyrm onto himself.

I had made arrangements for Ms. Kowalsic to meet with the coterie consisting of my own childe, Madam Katrina Hall, who is participating in the research. The coterie consists of Mr. Elijah Holden, Soldier of the First Estate and Madam Belinda McCabe. The coterie is already on site in Pine Valley, CA, researching if this is the final resting place. Miss Kowalsic sent a letter saying she's unavailable to meet with the coterie recently.

There is a second possibility of Mr. Pope's resting place in Sonora, CA.
    I was curious if you would know of the team Mr. Kowalsic mentioned could be tasked in finding the site before the other interested parties.

I have in my notes that there are Madam Maeve ORyan, Mr. Alexander Moore, Mr. Milton Northbridge Mr. Edward Heinrich and Priscus Quinn Durant.
    Do you believe these Kindred could solve complex puzzles or meet demanding physical tasks? My research suggests we'd likely need two kindred who could do heavy lifting.
    If so, could you possibly prepare them for the task? They would need to be prepared to move quickly and relocate to the site and solve whatever hiding place Pope's followers established.
    My ghoul should be on hand to send back your reply so I can quickly coordinate with you. As time grows short, we may need immediate coordination.
    I include Madam Katrina Hall's number in case we do not have the luxury for fine writing.
    Madam Katrina Hall : 555- 8743
    If I can be of further assistance, I will be glad to help.

Thank you,
    Lady Elizabeth Hall, of the line Nosferatu

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack barely gives the ghoul a passing glance until he addresses him. Affirming, he received the letter and upon realizing the focus of the letter he continued into his office, murmuring a "Wait here," to the ghoul.

Good evening Lady Hall,

In reviewing your requirements, there is at least one Kindred who could do that kind of lifting by our standards. We'll have to make do and combine the strengths of the others. As far as complex puzzles, I have confidence in that team's ability to do so. My only concern is that the Kowalsics had expressed a need for discretion from the Ordo and Crone. The Priscus Quinn Durant has in the recent months has become a Sworn of Mysteries and is the Grand Wyrm of the Dragons' local chapter house. Her wit would be quite valuable in solving the puzzles we anticipate, however if that same wit discovers the relevance of what we seek it can pose a risk with such a ranking member of the Ordo having firsthand knowledge of the recent location of Mr. Pope. That being said, I would be able to direct the outcome of the evening when we are successful. The risk is only present to our future, continued possession of Mr. Pope should she report the discovery to her superiors.

I'll leave the risk assessment and decision on her participation in this venture to you. I'm assuming you'll provide more details to narrow down where to start in Sonora. To confirm, our objective is to locate, secure and transport the body of Mr. Pope and any possessions of interest that may be with him. If there is more we should be expected to accomplish, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
    Seneschal Jack, Priscus of Ventrue

Enclosure: Business card with contact details

With his letter complete, he sealed it and opened the door to relay it back with the ghoul.

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
+ Reply to Thread