Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Block Party 2009

Began Jun 1, 2021
Page 11 of 17 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last

"Come now, if I'd have know would I have asked? Talk to me, tell me what's on your mind." Rick gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, "I'm here for you."
    Terri griped Rick's hand tightly in thanks.

"I know but I'm being selfish, especially after what happened at Icelands, but I've been speakingwith HAL. He has agreed to test me with the hope of gaining a title."

M
    Mysantheral

Samantha looks at Seth as if he's just said something stupid, her mood clearly shifting from scared and intimidated to angry for a few moments. "I don't care for being subtle. Dosn't get anything solved."

Her anger boils away almost instantly, leaving her staring at Seth for a few seconds before looking away and sweeps her gaze over the crowd. The people make her uneasy, that much is evident. Once more her fingers stroke the goggles to calm her down.

S
    Steven

"So what are you thinking?" Seth asks Sam not looking at her but continuing to drink his beer and stare off behind the bar.

L

Terri griped Rick's hand tightly in thanks.

"I know but I'm being selfish, especially after what happened at Icelands, but I've been speakingwith HAL. He has agreed to test me with the hope of gaining a title."
    "Of course you're not being selfish. Just because the community's going through a bit of a tumultuous time doesn't mean you should set all your personal goals aside." He pauses for a bit, recalling the notice HAL had posted to announce him as Legate of Mists. "So are you joining the same one that HAL's part of, Pilgrim of Endless Roads I think it was called?" It seemed a decent guess, at least.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

The fear and anger washing through Sam is drawing Cory's attention. He is used to seeing these emotions play out in the prey he hunts, but this woman isn't being hunted.

or is she?

Cory looks at the crowd, confused. She doesn't look at the crowd like a deer watching tall grass. It is more like a long haired cat watches the water: unease and discomfort.

A fish on ... a fish out at sea ... a fish on land ... whatever the phrase. She isn't in her element.

The shots were making their presence known.

The short exchange between Sam and Seth brings Cory out of his mental mumbling.

It is all about subtle, girl.

He looks up at Seth and shrugs.

"Miss, I think you are being your own worst enemy, tonight. You wanna get laid? Get laid. If you don't, don't. But, bitching about it while shooting down your options is a downward spiral."

Cory holds his hands up, "I'm taken. I have a girlfriend," and turns his hands into pointers aiming at Seth, "but he has been pretty friendly. Personally, I prefer talking to animals than people, but if you can't do that, find people you can tolerate."

Cory runs his a hand through his short hair and leans his back against the bar. The anger was gone and he was left unsure of what feelings he was left with.

M
    Mysantheral

As Cory speaks she turns her head to face him and she seems to tense up again as he berates her behaviour. She almost looks as if she's expecting something more physical than just words, green eyes going wide.

...smoke drifting past, dangers lurking eternaly amongst the trees. One of the many avatars of her Keeper stood before her, scolding her for poor craftsmanship. Brass talons reaching out to tear flesh...

Samantha's fingers found the googles once more, reconecting her with reality. She threw a nervous glance at the crowd before looking up at Cory once more. "I got worse than me, they're just not here right now. But I supose you're right. As for what I'm thinking... I think it have been way to long since I got laid. Five bloody years to long."

She sighs and brushes her hair back, even if it's already held back by the scarf tied around her head.

"Of course you're not being selfish. Just because the community's going through a bit of a tumultuous time doesn't mean you should set all your personal goals aside." He pauses for a bit, recalling the notice HAL had posted to announce him as Legate of Mists. "So are you joining the same one that HAL's part of, Pilgrim of Endless Roads I think it was called?" It seemed a decent guess, at least.
    Terri nods, visibly relieved to have finally informed Rick her plans.

"Yes, have you heard of them? Apparently, its a tough road that never ends."

L

"I know that HAL belongs to them, so it seemed a good guess since you said you were talking to him about it." He shrugs, "That's all I know about them though. But hey," he gives her hand another squeeze, his expression reassuring as he looks her in the eye. "You're a remarkable woman, probably in more ways than either of us realize. I don't care how tough the road is, or how long it is. If you put your mind to accomplish something, I'd bet the world that you can get it done." His grin shifted slightly, a sparkle of mischief coming to his eye and a hint of tease to his voice, "You did just fine seducing me up in that tree after all."

S
    Steven

"Sounds familiar..." Seth says as he drinks another beer. "Well I am going out for a smoke..." And with that Seth gets up. He stands to his full 6'1" picks up his guitar and, giving a look to Sam, heads toward the back door.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Why don't you down that beer and we can finish this conversation outside with the smoker. Maybe getting you away from the crowd would be better for your mood."

Cory is surprised by the kinship he feels with the woman's anger, but for different reasons. It was like dealing with a pup who didn't know how to ride her rage.

"You shouldn't fear your enemies while I am around."

He stands up and follows Seth outside.

Page 11 of 17 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last
Closed Thread