61 - 70
DISPLAYED
Block Party 2009

Kaze texts Crystal
Jul 16, 2021 - Jul 20, 2021
Page 7 of 12 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Obsidian feels a wave of emotions that hadn't stirred in ... quite some time.

"Elizabeth Barrett Browning. I haven't read her works in years."

She pulls herself out of her youth, old and mostly forgotten, and remembers who she is.

"Pardon my manners. Please call me Obisidian. I would greatly enjoy seeing those letters. I have no hopes of purchasing them, mind you, but Berrett was part of my formal education in literature. It has been a long time since I read her works, I would be overjoyed to see the letters she wrote to the love of her life."

It has been a long time, indeed.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

"Got a small place not too far from downtown. Cozy, but serves my purposes." Karen spots Obsidian, remembering her vaguely from the dream some time ago, then looks back to Charlie. "Currently scouting around for a place to set up my greenhouse at the moment."
    Matteo Guarnaschelli, Nosferatu of the First Estate
    Base: Presence 3 (Artsy) | Blood Potency 1 | Italian Accent | Curse: Soul-Piercing Stare
    ECXXV: Blood 3/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    The Trojan Limo: Blood 5/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    A Gath????????????????????Item

James pauses, then leans forward, deep interest in his eyes. "A half dozen unpublished letters by Elizabeth Barrett? Where did you manage to put your hands on a treasure trove like that? That's remarkable." His tone of voice is admriing and respectful, but there's just a hint of doubt underneath it. "And I'm sorry, I'm James, nice to meet you, Obsidian?" His eyebrow raises slightly but he makes no other reaction to her name.

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Striking Looks•• (Alluring)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jordan listened as his three guests...so to speak...identified what they did for a living.

He said to James with a smile: "If you can stand it, I can. Education is a noble goal even within the realm of politics."

To Allison, he gave a frank look and said. "I can understand your discomfort, but let it reassure you a bit that you wear your gown very well indeed."

To Johnathan: "I'm sorry for your loss. If I lost my mom, I'd be more of a basket case than I am."
    Alison waives her hand dismissively at James and Jordan, "I don't know what you guys are talking about, I'm having a great time. I may not wear dresses often, but I'll manage."

When Jordan gives her the compliement she blushed slightly, softly cleared her throat and stood up, "I'm going to go get a drink. Be back in a bit."

She had just made her way to the bar and ordered a beer when bar tender gave her a strange look. "Oh, right. Sorry. How about a double shot of whiskey?" She waited patently for the drink and grabbed it when the bar tender placed it infront of her.
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Alison Yates | Rahu, Blood Talon
    Presence ••• (Confident) | Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Health 8/8 [][][][][][][][] | Willpower 6/6

Jordan watched Alison go. "Did I frighten her off?" he said, half to himself. Then to James, he said: "A descendant of Nurse Wilson, Elizabeth's private care nurse, found them. She got my name from a friend at the Bodleian, and he asked me to handle the sale."

James nods, studying Jordan thoughtfully. Someone with such good connections could be useful to know for the Howlers, in the future, but was he telling the truth? James reflected on what he'd said and how he'd said it, coupled with his own experience of dealing with people who often weren't completely honest.

Is he telling the truth?

Charlie raises his eyebrows at this "Greenhouse eh? That's nifty. What type of plants you grow, mainly flowers or do you do more exotic stuff?"

W
    Wyldside

Jonathan gets up. "Excuse me, I'm going to get a drink." Jonathan walks away and orders a screwdriver from the bar tender. He returns after a few minutes. "You know, I always love a good werewolf story. Have you found anything relating to those creatures of myth."

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Obsidian rolls her cigar between her fingers, feeling the texture of the outer leaves.

"When I was a child, my grandparents told me some of the old stories. The old werewolf myths are much different than the books and movies of today. I'm not an expert, but I am familiar with some of the older tales. They always made me sad, since the main characters lost themselves to such a curse. Today's stories seem to focus on the terror the beasts inflict upon others, but the true horror is losing oneself to the inner Beast."

She turns to Jordan.

"It would be interesting to hear about the old writers and how they portrayed the shapeshifters."

James is astute enough to believe that Jordan may well be hiding something, but he probably wouldn't lie about something like his work. It would be too easy to check.

Jordan reflected on Obsidian's thoughts. About shape shifting?Good God. Almost any culture you can pull out of a hat has legends like that. But you asked about writers...literature. Let's see... the old writers...Ovid is the first that comes to mind, about a king that was punished by the gods by being transformed into a wolf-human. Legend is mixed...and a lot kinder...about the reasons one takes an animal form, but literature...as far as I remember, looks on it as a curse or punishment.

Page 7 of 12 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last
Closed Thread