Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Block Party 2009

Kaze texts Crystal
Jul 16, 2021 - Jul 20, 2021
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Bored like he always was on New Year's Eve, Charlie perused downtown looking for bars that didn't have annoying frats or sororities trying to prove themselves through alcohol.

They should just make it a sport to see who can project their vomit the longes...hellooo

He stops when he sees the Lily up ahead, feeling happy at it's familiarity, it being the first place he entered when he first arrived in Sacramento. Perhaps he'd find some familiar faces there. He looked at his dress apparel, the same leather jacket over his faded T-shirt and jeans. He hoped it wasn't a black tie affair.

Whatever, I've gone in this place dressed like this before

At the door, the doorman looked at Charlie up and down with a look of annoyance. Before he got a word out Charlie said "C'mon man, you just want my money and I'll gladly pay it to you in exchange for alcohol. Save your energy for the douche bags that are going to have too much tonight."

After one more look, he tells Charlie the door cover and Charlie pays him, getting a wrist band and then walking in. Glancing inside, he's surprised not to find Lady Naeteesh inside, but perhaps she was needed elsewhere. Much to his surprise, he finds Karen sitting alone at a table by herself. Walking to her table he stands in front of her and says

"And here I was thinking I was going to be the only one sticking out like a sore thumb. How are you Karen?"

Nika laughs, accepting her second drink from the bartender. "Thanks. Not everyday a lawyer gets called lovely. Usually people turn and run the other way when they see me coming."

She takes a long drink from her glass before continuing. "Were you planning on visiting any of the other clubs? I think there are four involved in this little shindig."
    Ash shook his head, taking his second drink as a pint of Guiness. "I had no plans, to be fair Nika. I was simply out and about and seeing what the evening brought. So far, it ain't disappointed. And what d'you mean, run away? I bet if you practice criminal law, people would be breaking it to get represented by yourself."

"Alison, ah, you made it, wonderful to see you." He gives her a light hug, then gestures at his packmate. "I'd like you to meet Jonathan, Jonathan, this is Alison, an old friend of mine." He glances around, taking in the scene and leading the two of them a little away from Cory and Mandy. "Now, somewhere to sit, I'd actually like to mingle a little, get to know some of the locals." He spots Jordan, sitting on his own and leads the other two over to him.

"Evening, do you have company? We were wondering if you minded us joining you."
    Jordan looked up from his drink, then stood politely. With a quiet smile, he said:"Good evening; happy holidays to you. No, I'm on my own. Please feel free to have a seat; they're going to be scare soon,i think. I'm Jordan."

James and offers Jordan his hand. "James, a pleasure to meet you." He gives Alison a sly, sideways smile. "This vision is Alison, and my equally attractive other friend", here there's a chuckle, "is Jonathan. And thank you."

He sits himself comfortably in the chair, resting his fingers lightly on the table for a moment and brushing them across its surface before settling back in the chair.

"Enjoying the night so far Jordan? It's quiet but I think it's getting somewhat more active, and me and my friends needed some time to relax, we've all been having a hard time with work recently."

The mage nodded. Why did he understand that feeling?

"Well, this is the time to let it go, just a little anyway. You all work together? Good deal."

Seeing scars on James, Jordan idly wondered if they worked with animals for a living.

W
    Wyldside

Jonathan greets everyone with a big smile. "I hope that everyone is enjoying the party." He turns to Alison. "It was nice to meet you, how did you meet wa...er I mean Adam." Jonathan mentally slaps himself. "You do look rather lovely, today."

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Striking Looks•• (Alluring)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alison looked at James and gave a small nervous laugh at being introduced as a vision. Ok, you can shut up now James...she thought to herself.

"Yep work has been pretty tense and it really is nice to get together for some fun."

She turned to Johathan smiling until she started complimenting her, and then her nervous behavior was back again as she answered him, "The last time I wore a dress was to my senior prom, I'm sure that I look rather ridiculous. So you don't need to lie for my sake; I don't mind you being honest."
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Alison Yates | Rahu, Blood Talon
    Presence ••• (Confident) | Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Health 8/8 [][][][][][][][] | Willpower 6/6

James gives Alison an apologetic smile. "I'll make it up to you, the next time we all enjoy some time together, you can pick the location. But stay, just for a little while?" He looks at Jordan with a nod and a smile. "I'm the lowest of the low I'm afraid, despised and distrusted by all. I work at city hall in education, a politican,, I'm afraid, and yes, I'll understand if you choose to avoid me at this point." He gives a teasing grin, then gestures at Alison. "Alison is safer though, she appears to be an innocent climbing instructor, so hopefully nothing to worry about there, and Jonathan, hm." He glances at John thoughtfully. "What do you do John?"

Joseph hadn’t put much thought into New Year’s Eve. Or more aptly, he hadn’t thought much about what he was going to be doing. The change of the year was both an unimportant and critical event; it all depended on how one looked at it. So that was what Long Fang had done in regards to the end of the year, looked at it in as many ways as he could. Thus when he pushed his way through the crowded sidewalk towards the Lily he found himself unprepared (in his jeans and leather jacket) and completely taken aback by what he found. Well, not that it would have mattered all that much if he had been prepared.

“Really? A cocktail bar? Why the hell would he want to relax at a cocktail bar?” Joseph found himself saying this out loud in his exasperation. James never struck me as the type. Ah well, let’s see what I can do about this. Some poise and a glib tongue should get me past this oddly selective bouncer. I mean, they’re hosting it with the bloody Asylum. I haven’t been here more than a month and I’ve heard about that place…Still though, I lack the dress and cash, so I’m hard pressed.

So Joseph waited in the short line and tried his silver tongue. The only problem he encountered in the end, however, was his lack of green pockets; not that he was surprised. It would have been interesting if he had talked his way inside and it wouldn’t have looked bad at all either. But at least he could go with what he had been prepared for. He took out a piece of paper and a pencil and quickly scrawled a note down before he thrust it at the doorman.

“I understand if I’m not allowed in,” he said pleasantly, flashing a snarling grin, “but if you would please pass this message inside to one of your Patrons then he and I would be very grateful. Probably tip well too. His name is James Hallen; he’s a young man in his twenties, brown hair, wears glasses.”

“Unfortunately, I have to stay at my position…sir…, the doorman growled at Joseph, obviously trying to hint that violence, a seemingly attractive offer to both parties, was on its way. “But I’ll do what I can…”

Long fang quirked an eyebrow up as he gave the man a look saying, “Sure you wanna’ try it?” he did, however, move away after that. Walking into an alley a few blocks away he retrieved his proxy instrument and came back the way he had come. He made sure to wink to wink at the doorman as he carried his seemingly junk collection over his shoulder, laughing internally at his expression. He kept walking down toward the Reverence…

The Note
    The Note

W
    Wyldside

"Right now I am living over the money my mother left me when she had an unfortunate accident." There is a slight sadness at the last part. A flash of guilt streaks across the mans face. Then its gone and replaced with a smile. "I suppose if I went looking for a job, I would pick something in computers. I know a fair bit about them."

Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread