Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Air Plants

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 16, 2021 : Rosie's Opening Party
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Yeah, but it will solve my lack of options for a tough spot, especially in groups. But you aren't wrong." She doesn't know that Ram is quite aware of just how little she has to work with. She smiles though, "I have been having a lot of fun though. Though my arms are perpetually sore. It's rough sometimes."

She has to pause and think about what she might want in a gym, "Well, I'm working on my movement. I guess I want to be more dexterous really. I've been thinking about a gym perhaps that offers dance or similar classes. We had a few on the East Coast. I don't know that I'm ready to be a doofus in front of the ballet. I also need to consider building the right kind of strength in my arms." She chuckles a bit.

There is a great smile at Ram's excitement about her kitten, "Oh, yes! She's about 2 months now, but she still has so much kitten fur!" She takes out her phone quickly to show off a picture of her. "Her name is Aria and she is so precious. And also adventurous. And also likes to knock things off of the counter. Particularly little less important things to get attention."

Cassandra watches and listens to John, a smile on her face as he talks about what he's doing. In general, she's happy that some people are finally acknowledging his existence instead of overlooking him. It breaks her heart every time it happens.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He took a couple deep drags of his cigarette, burning away that thought for now knowing it would only grow back in the future. A Meditation space, calm, relaxing, and then it clicked his head nodding in understanding to the Ogre's point.

They spoke on archery and he knew implicitly that they were speaking of the hedge. Cassandra's words reminded him of a deep, dark feeling, a new fear that had been born at the back of his mind. She was echoing his own fears and sentiments. What would he have done in their stead from what he'd seen in the dream? Probably stand still and pull a stupid face.

"Should try Gymnastics." Gyms, working out, these weren't really his area of expertise but he knew that Yamiyo was one of the most mobile people he knew and that's what she practiced. Seemed like it would fit the criteria to John but he was just throwing a dart to seeing if it'd stick. He couldn't help but smile and shake his head as they got real excited about the kitten. He was still feeling out that relationship, though when it was calm enough it was kind of cute and cuddly.

"Oh, sorry keep forgetting who I've told. I'm beginning to work on my license so I can practice therapy. The work I do basically has two paths you can walk down if you want to continue it. Working more actively in treatment, therapy. Or going more into the beaurocracy and management, I could do either but I'm more in it to actively help people so that leads me to treatment. It's scary but exciting."

Ram's final statements caught his interest though. Privately? So was it Freehold related. Dream or Monarch related if she needed his help. Help he'd be happy to give but Ram had planted that seed of curiosity that so desperately wanted to be watered now. Wondering if this was related to the project they'd talked about before.

Goes by the name: John

3. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram gave a gentle smile and a kind laugh “Yeah, that’s how it always is when you start out working muscles that aren’t used to it. Or if you haven’t done it in a while. It gets better, as long as you keep it up. What draw strength are you using right now?” he asked off handedly because there was also the chance she was not working up to a full strength bow and doing too much too soon.

“Haven’t really been looking to see if dance or gymnastic classes are offered, but I can add it to the list of options. But if you’re interested in movement and arm strength, there was a place called…,” he racked his brain for the name[COLOR=#006400] “The http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Pipeworks]Pipeworks I think? Had a big climbing wall. Great for arm and grip strength.”

Ram leaned over to get a good look at the offered pictures, smiling like an idiot the entire time. “Ha! Sounds like a handful. She’s so fluffy!”

“Therapy huh? Definitely an important job.”
    Especially within a a society of the mad that a Freehold could be. “Why scary?” he asked. It was mostly just talking wasn’t it?
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

5. Likes Shane, Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I'm around twenty five, but I'm still playing around with it. I know I should be somewhere in thirty range. My instructor has us doing work with just drawing to build up strength there. You got any further suggestions? I know I need to be utilizing weights at some point, targeting the correct muscles, but this is a slow process. A few months ago, I was pretty weak strength-wise. I feel like I'm finally at an average."

Cassandra nods at John's suggestion, "Gymnastics could be fun," But it didn't necessarily feel correct. She didn't want to admit, however that the idea of doing ballet was appealing. The idea of doing ballet and wearing what they wear in practice is what holds her back. Gymnastics would have the same issue though, wouldn't it? "Either way, I'd have to wear a leotard," she grimaces a little.

Ram gives his suggestion for a gym and she gives another nod, "Oh, that's right. I remember seeing the pics when I was searching around before. I'll definitely give it a look. That place was pretty eclectic when I'd looked at it online. Gonna need to work different things for different areas, right? How strong and how nimble I am are two different things." For some reason, that came out really weird.

On Aria, "Oh, she is. But she puts a smile on my face and I think she likes me, so that's what matters," she chuckles.

Cassandra can't help but smile again towards John. She loves hearing him talk about it, his excitement, his fears on it. It's something new. He's been on the track of so many new things. "I think it's fantastic what you're doing. I get the feeling you're going to be happier being able to dig deeper."

7. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John grew quiet turning more to his cigarette as they spoke about their more physical developments. Even before he was made into what he was he'd never been what anyone would consider any sort of shape. At least he never had a problem with overeating but he'd been smoking for a long time now, with a long break in the middle. Until Cassandra made a self-conscious comment about herself, his head looking over an eyebrow raised his face a blank slate.

The cigarette burned down to a nub before he knelt down to put it out on the concrete to pull out the small case he kept to hold his butts, juggling between that and the cigarette case as he began the second one. "Just wait until she gets into your music. Gonna have to watch that one the little Water Dancer." He then started the second one with a long drag before hearing the question.

"Thank you Both. Scary because it's still healing, I might not be digging around in their body trying to save their lives but I am digging around in their mind trying to do the same thing. It's a big responsibility, you get a treatment wrong and someone could end up dead still, or worse." He took another drag at that a slow shake to his head. "It's not a responsibility I take lightly but I want to help people if I'm able.

"A lot of people don't understand what it's like to be lost and alone. So many people have in built support structures, whether they're healthy or not is up for debate but..." He chuckled taking a quick puff before continuing. "They're used to having that security there even if they don't recognize it. There are so many people out there who get left behind and there's no one there to help them out of that hole. I was lucky enough that someone gave me their hand when I needed it. Set a good example." He smiled softly at the memory cigarette sitting idly in his fingers for now. It was a bittersweet memory but a cherished one still.

"Do you enjoy construction? Are you a builder?" He didn't want to assume the obvious, for all he knew the Ogre was working to spite his nature on that. "it took me a little while to get settled here, are you settling in ok?" A question he'd meant to ask sooner but never quite able to find a moment.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram scratched the back of his neck.

“I don’t really know a lot about archery specifically. More just stuff in general..,” he paused to try and think “So, aside from drawing, you should also be trying on holding in that position. I mean, you shouldn’t be holding long under ‘battle’ conditions, but it will increase your endurance to be in that position so it won’t tire you out. If you’re wanting weight tips, you should be doing exercises that target arms, back, chest, and shoulders. And you’ll want to use free weights. Machines might be able to increase muscle strength fast but they tend not to strengthen the smaller support muscles that you’d need to help keep things real steady with something like a string.”

He gave a small shrug.

“And definitely recommend climbing for a side activity. It works all those muscle groups and can help get you away from attackers and gives you high ground that really helps with a bow. Cause yeah… strong and nimble aren’t the same thing.” Didn’t sound strange at all to Ram. He was living proof.

Ram sort of understood. He avoided medicine for just that reason of not wanting to accidentally hurt someone. However, he was… what he was. He didn’t think John had as much to worry about but the Ogre didn’t want to dismiss the Darkling’s fears.

“Well, that’s why they license that shit, right?” he said with a smile “If you can get that, that’s proof you’re good enough to be rooting around in heads.”

The smile grew when John asked his net question until Ram was laughing “Builder? Haha! God no! Hahaha,” The laughing calmed down but he was still grinning “I’m the guy they called when they need a wall torn down fast or something torn out without all those pesky explosions.”

10. Likes Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Oh, yes, that's part of how I've been building it up in classes. My arms feel like death afterwards. It's hard to craft for a whole day after. But you're right, should definitely consider weights and some rock climbing." Or maybe barre. They work with weights and tiny movements too, right? She'd need to look all this stuff up... it's a lot. "A whole new world over here."

Cassandra can't help but giggle a little at John's mention of Aria being a little Water Dancer, "She got stuck in the laundry room with her little claw under the washer. I think she's learning care slowly but surely. Little thing was lucky I was home." And slowly, but surely, the sweet thing needs to warm up to her other sweet thing.

She continues listening to John and there is a softness when he mentions receiving his own helping hand. Now she knew, understood. It makes sense why he is the way he is. "I don't know how I would have gotten on if I hadn't had my mentor." The 'when I came back' part goes unsaid. "People need it, even when they think they don't. Especially those whose excuse is 'not deserving it'."

At first, she wasn't aware that Ram was a builder, she thought he was security, but she finds she wasn't wrong when he begins laughing. She makes a little awkward face, but isn't surprised that anyone would use him to break down walls. "Oh wow. You are kind of Andre the Giant levels."

12. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

John listened to the talk about training methods and recovery, it was all new information to him since it was an area he'd never really dabbled in. Now he at least had some basic knowledge if he were to try his own hand at it. Though when they began on climbing again he'd been about to take another drag before he looked over with a curious expression on his face. "Sonnie might be able to help you there I think, at the very least I think she'll have some good advice." At the very least it couldn't hurt, she'd probably know some good places to practice.

He was taking that drag as he shook his head in amusement as Cassandra described the Kitten's predicament. Exhaling with a chuckle as the smoke drifted up in erratic bursts. "Poor thing. Better to learn without an injury at least. Luckily she has an attentive and caring owner. What about you Andrew, any pets or plans for one?"

John's instincts told him to dismiss the praise, that he wasn't worthy of it. That the words were empty anyway and he had to take a second before nodding to the two of them and offering a smile. "Thank you. Your support means a lot, both of you. I do appreciate it. " The cherry bobbed along as his hand kept hesitating in mid-air. "Yes exactly. Imagine if no one had been there. Imagine if the wrong person had been. I probably won't ever be rich but I knew that when I started."

He couldn't help but smile seeing Ram laugh like that, it was always nice when he could sneak in a laugh to others on occasion. The smile growing brighter, even twisting at the edges as he lowered his voice a couple octaves. "Anybody want a peanut?" He gave a small laugh himself, " That makes a lot of sense but I've been surprised before. "

14. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“Well, you got to be careful to not take things too quickly. Overworking things can result in muscle loss too.” At least here in the mortal world. Arcadian rules said otherwise. And while some of those rules still held true in their Fairie formed bodies, he wasn’t about to suggest that she shatter her arms to make them stronger. “It sounds like you’ve got a good archery teacher working you up to stuff. Talk with them about potentially adding more to your personal training program. Make sure you’re doing it safely.”

He chuckled at the idea of the kitty getting stuck attacking a washing machine. “No, not thinking of getting a pet. I mean, I like animals but I don’t know a thing about training them. Plus the apartment isn’t really all that big.” He scratched his neck, feeling like it might sound like he was just coming up with excuses.

“Andre the Giant levels? Peanut?” He looked between the two Winters. Was this part of the cant or was he missing something?

16. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods, knowing fully well that she does need to take things slow. It is difficult given that she just feels the need to do everything now. She knows how to be patient though. Mostly. Maybe that's a reflection of other parts of her life too. She's so ready to jump into things and just live. It must be the Spring. "Will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks, Andrew."

"Oh, have you never seen the Princess Bride? Or, Andre the Giant is a wrestler. Huge in the 70s and 80s." She can't help but smile at John though for the reference. She always likes when he quotes her favorite movie.

"If you haven't seen it, It is an absolute must. Like, we need to get Gerrit on that." Cassandra's eyes seem to sparkle with an excitement and her colors just glow, making her seem all the more beautiful. When she's passionate, she just seems to emote that way.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread