Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

What's a third date?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

(Pa-pa-pa Pokerface)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal couldn't shake the feeling that they were back to lawyer-talk. That, or he was overthinking it. "So it's a case-by-case shot in the dark?" Of course, if there was a hard and fast rule things would be too easy, wouldn't they? "Did you ever make a decision you came to regret?" This conversation - Matthew's view on the matter - was fascinating. Did the Awakened society have a group dedicated to keeping up any semblance of balance? No, they had a lot of opinions on the matter and every Order acted as if they had the answer to that question.
    Speaking of: "So is every Werewolf on the same page about this?" Crystal shifted to sit a bit more relaxed, listening to Tiny's account.

Was he surprised by the unceremonious dump? Not really, he's been on the Werewolf's end far too often to not smell the blood in the water. Was he disappointed? Maybe, yeah. That just went to show that this whole deal about expectations was a load of shit.

3 successes

Was he going to show that? Fuck no, not if he could help it. In fact, the Mastigos seemed to be relieved. "Oof, yeah gotcha. Frankly, I thought this was going to be one of those no-strings-attached kinda deals but we seemed to have different views. Glad that you mentioned it first." Not going for the wine now was instrumental to keeping his poker face, so he just cocked his head slightly and smiled. "And now? Wanna chat a bit more or walk off the awkwardness for tonight?" Good humor in his voice, but not too much. A friendly offer which was often kept unsaid in those situations. Those discussions were never fun, after all.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods at Chris' question about decisions he's regreted. Perfection meant you weren't seeing where you went wrong. "I don't want to speak of specifics, but yes, I have made mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes cost people their lives and livelyhoods. Sometimes I failed to act, and the spirits acted first."

"No. We are all different with different perspectives. There are others who don't like humans at all. They are quite dangerous, but keep to themselves."

Tiny looks on as Chris keeps up a good poker face. Tiny, however, judge of spirits and uratha alike, a lawyer who must know his clients better than they know themselves, isn't allowed in several poker halls anymore.

4 successes

He says nothing though, knowing that there really wasn't anything to say. "It was no strings attached, but you are cute, and I am emotional if left to my own devices. That being said, I wouldn't mind staying and talking more with you. I find you someone I enjoy talking to, but perhaps I should go." He stands slowly, walking towards his coat. He's given Chris the option to ask him to stay and talk, to transition their relationship, or to say nothing, and let it end. He wasn't worried about the oath in this case, there was enough blackmail between them to keep things quiet. But still, he hoped that the other man would ask him to stay.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing Tiny talk about things he regretted, about people he had hurt - it was intriguing. He seemed to hold up just fine, without any apparent doubts about using his gifts. It'd be nice to pick his brains on that, but maybe the two men were just too different after all.

He smiled and nodded knowingly when Tiny gave his reasoning. Cute. That was the Mastigos, all right. "Hey, if you say so I won't hold you back. But we can always keep in touch." That's what was offered in situations like this, right? That empty phrase of polite parting, the easy way for each party to have just as much hope as they'd allow themselves. He stayed seated for a moment, then Crystal got up and at least granted Tiny the gesture of bringing him to the door. Most hookups didn't receive that kind of courtesy, that's how cute he was. "I had some.. interesting discussions tonight, thanks for that. I don't think we'll have to worry about either of us flapping their mouth, but just in case: I won't be telling anyone about what you told me tonight." Because you didn't get to talk occult shit with a Werewolf any day.

A hug wasn't offered however - there was a time and a place for that, being dumped at his own apartment was neither. The Warlock kept up his poker face, although if Tiny could see through it earlier he probably didn't miss the slightly distant politeness covered under the carefree demeanor. "Take care, see you around."

Once Matthew was gone it was time to hit up Grindr. Fuck, he wasn't going to get blue-balled after cooking like this.

Thank you for the insightful and interesting scene(s)! Going to leave this open for another day or two in case you wanted to have another post, then I'll close it.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny takes his coat and follows Chris out.
    "I would like to keep in touch, thank you." Tiny says sincerely. But that was said with hope, not optimism. "I agree, I'm certain what is private will remain so. And what was professional will remain quiet as well." Chris had opened up to him, bother personally as well as wizardly, and Tiny was going to respect that.
    "Until next time." He says as he heads home, disappointed with both himself and his priorities.

Thank you for the scenes. I had a lot of fun.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread