Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny clinked his glass against Chris and rank deeply. There was the barest hint of a buzz, but only if you squinted and hallucinated a little. And almost as quickly, it faded. But this was not the first, fifth, or hundredth time Tiny had hit the bar and was the only sober one in the room. Though the waiter was doing a great job keeping up, probably hadn't had a drink yet.

"I had planned on picking up the tab, so I came hungry. But I have an appetite, and i'm not afraid to show it. As for dessert, I would enjoy such a nightcap. I'm curious how it would contrast with the your wine."
    The other night had been fun, and Tiny continued to enjoy himself with the mystery man.

"I do try to live that way. I don't always succeed, but recognizing that imperfection isn't a weakness was one of the great moments of freedom in my life." That it made him not exactly traditional, and caused friction with his pack and family, well, that was complicated, and not good for a bar. "One day i'd love to get your philosophy on imperfection."

When Chris says that he warmed him, Tiny's smile grew wide. Even if it all fell apart, at least this was a success. Chris called it baby steps, but that wasn't right. It was more about seeing each inch of progress as its own victory. Each step was victory, whole and complete. Together they could build to something more, but that wasn't the important part.

Chris' unusual motion with the drink makes Tiny take a closer look at the man.
    1 success
    but he finds his date without any surprises.

"Well, I for one think that we should try two nights in Sacramento, see if we can't start a new trend. Perhaps change a little culture?"

He looks across the street at Faces, then looks back at Chris, "I'm much happier on this side of the street. Let's get dessert."

End scene?
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

2. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, and I promised to pay half of the tab and now that you reminded me I will make sure to stick around and make sure of it." To Crystal it showed the willingness to treat his date without creating the impression that he felt wealthier (and therefore better) than Matthew. Hell, if you wanted to get esoteric you could call it his love language or something. Any further arguing would be met with a cocky smile and a wink. "No need to thank me."

The time for philosophical debates was over - at least for the Mastigos, at least for tonight. "Yeah, one day. We can compare notes on that and all." He didn't sound disinterested - it could very well just be an impatience to get to the promised nightcap that made Chris quite monosyllabic.

"Hear, hear! Let's see if you're onto something with that!" He didn't comment on which side of the street he'd rather be on - funnily enough he shared almost the exact same thought at the beginning of the date. Of course, that was before he drank several glasses of wine and got confronted with his fear of commitment. Well, he could always tackle that issue tomorrow.

For now there was dessert to be had.

Good to close. Thanks for the great scene!
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread