Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glanced around as Alessandra mentioned Alice's friend having taste. Yes, she did rather like this place. Dark eyes moved back to Alice for a beat. Studying her as she seems to repeat herself. Jennifer glances to Alessandra, cocking her head to the side slightly for a moment. Quizically. A way to inquire a bit, without stating anything. Alice and Alessandra had history. She decided to drift for a moment in case they could have a moment.
    "I think this is a win win." She notes to the ladies. "Very nice -- and different! You convinced me. I am getting a beer..."

Checking out the menu revealed that had not cut down on the options - there were various beers! She reflected on what the Prince had suggested mixing beers.
    "Mixed beers, hm. A black and blue sounds like fun. I like the fact it sort of sounds like a bruise." Jennifer flags down a bartender and follows the advice, ordering a black and blue. She watches him as he prepares the drink, and she doesn't think the Curse frightened or alarmed him too much. The Nosferatu watches him in the peripheral while she sips the beer. Curious. She witholds her opinion until she has more, moving to stand beside Alice.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Sometimes recommendations turn out to the best drinks.” You try something new, something you would have never thought of.

“Not sure if I would say colors, plural,”
    she begins, “but the dress is white, but not, too white.” Because white white was blinding and made you stand out. This was some color without putting a target on her.

While she caught the look, nothing was said. Alice wouldn’t be the first Kindred to repeat herself, and quite frankly, it didn’t bother the Savage. She saw it as one of those quirks.

Laughing, “And I didn’t even try that hard!” raising her own beer glass.

“The thing with mixing them, is finding flavors and styles that compliment each other. The two in that one work because the blueberry is a denser beer.” Little known fact about Ale, she knew beer. Not all that well, but enough to know her way around a bar and what to order. “One of those little fascinating things you learn spending as much time as I have in dive bars.” One would think the Guinness was the denser beer.

Sipping the beer, “So, anything exciting going on or anything?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Distance. Alice is growing to hate that feeling. Fighting with it, arguing with instincts and desires.

All she had to do was enjoy tonight, drink her peach kir, and talk to the only people in Sacramento that she could feel herself tethered too. She's quiet for too long, wide-fake-smile plastered across her face. Frozen like, the porcelain cracked and there wasn't a way to mend it.

She forces herself to take a breath. It feels wrong, an unnatural, and -

"White is very different then black." is all that Alice can come up with. Thinking of the Savage Prince, with her black ink, donning white, bright, bone pale and ash.

Another laugh, the empty sound once more swallowed by the kine around them, "Sophia, you sound lie you know what you're talking about, I'm sure that's all the convincing anyone needs." a pause, "Maybe I'll even try a beer combination after this." raising her glass.

Exciting...? Alice frowns. The crack, shattering as her lips rearrange themselves. She chugs what's in there glass. It doesn't help. She knows she'll have to throw it all back up. "Do either of you want to dance?" it was obvious, what she was doing, but. She hadn't come out tonight to just hang around the bar.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"It definitely works very well on you, Sophia." Jennifer adds her opinion on the dress. "Different. And it works. Trying different things is winning the night. I am looking forward to a shopping trip to revitalize my closet."

The exciting question made Jennifer pause and consider. She wasn't sure if it was very exciting, but it was something that was safe to discuss in mixed company like the bar.
    "I'm seeing someone. He's very ... intriquing."

Yet the dance question made her wince slightly. She wasn't a good dancer. She wasn't good when she was alive, and now she was out of trend and awkward as a Nosferatu could be dancing. Yet seeing the false looking Doll dance would likely be pretty. "Torn." She admits, checking the dance floor to see if there was any way she could fake some of the moves going on. Ooh, not looking good.
    "But I am perfectly happy experimenting at the bar if you want to hit the floor."

Another sip of the beer. "Definitely unique taste. I wish I remembered what the drink I had at the other place..."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, she had to give that one to Alice. “Ok, so a bit different.” A smile in her voice. But it wasn’t a very, comfortable, color for her.

Laughing with the Haunt, “Most of the bars I go to only have beer, so one picks up a few things over the years.” Not thinking it was a big thing. “I say go for it, always worth trying things at least once.” Or twice if you weren’t sure the first time.

Was Alice…changing…the subject? “Dance?” wait, no one said there would be dancing. The Gangrel was not known for her grace. “I haven’t danced in years. The last time was on a date.” Yes, the Savage had dated. “But that was more,” uh, word. “specific? Like, salsa dancing.” She wasn’t very good at it, but she had been able to not look like a fool. If she remembered right.

One of the things that sucked with her position as Prince? Never knowing if someone was being honest with a compliment, or just blowing smoke. She hated it.

“Last time I went shopping with someone was a dear friend, Vivian. She was attempting to get me to try new styles and colors. Got some dresses and skirts, but I have yet to wear them out.” And that had been a few years ago.

Whoa, wait a second. Time out. Jennifer was dating?!

Dark eyes widen as she listens, “Anyone we know?” as in Kindred. She hadn’t picked up on anything in Court, but she was pretty bad at those signs. Never even knowing when someone was flirting with her. Though no one flirted with the Prince.

Looking from Jennifer to Alice, “I think we should try it. We have all agreed that trying new things can be exciting, and who knows? Maybe we’re all secretly good and will dominate the dance floor.” Fat chance of that with herself. But, if she was going to push for trying new things, she needed to try them herself.

10. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice was more out of it then she knew. Even Ale had been taking time out to do things while she wilted away in the Necropolis. The conversation carries on, and Alice adds to the talk of Vivian with a simple look of upon sadness. Looking so out of place and obviously false, as her smiles did. She had retaken her role, but only because of Vivian's leave taking.

Alice smiles, it's real and oh so fake, shedding the sorrow like a snake skin. "Is this a someone we know?" she asks near in time with Ale. Has her Cousin opened her heart to a kindred, who might presume to use that opening for advancement? Or was she playing with fire, with a kine..? Perhaps it was a plan for her to acquire her own Ghoul...?

"We don't - " she tries, but Ale comes to her rescue. Trying new things, to not stagnate and skill. Alice take a breath, holding it in her lungs, before allowing it to leave. She feels the kiss of her Gods whenever she dese this, and so she does this often, even as the ruined dead flesh had no need of her to, and followed her feet to the dance floor.

embrace the terror.
    fight for enlightenmint.

And lets her body, her awkward, curse bound, strings pulled body, move.

failure

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gave a low laugh. "Okay, but if horrible events happen because of my dancing, I'm going to say 'I told you so!'
    “No, its no one that you know. I met him when we went out for the Halloween event, Alice. You have met him, he was Superman.”

Jennifer moved in beside Alice, keeping as close as other friends were on the dance floor. She attempted to copy Alice’s jerky movements. Surprisingly, she did not do as badly as she thought.
    "So, I definitely am glad I'm not alone out here on the floor," She says, not pleased with her own dancing efforts. She doesn't bother looking around for anyone taking notice. "- did you ever have an interest in dancing? I had more of an interest in music. I used to love buying the most recent releases. I was just discussing what music I preferred in school.”
    Then her cash went towards finding safe storage for her journals and buying dresses for Invictus events.

1 success

14. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a small smile when Alice asked the same thing she did. Was Jennifer seeing someone they knew. Another Kindred? Or was she slumming it with cattle? Who served a purpose, but it wasn’t for anything…. meaningful.

Well…looked like they were doing this. Dancing. The fact that if any Kine dared laugh, they could easily be taken care of later made it easier. Well, somewhat. Dancing was not a skill she had ever acquired, it wasn’t necessary for survival, so why invest in it?

She took some comfort in seeing Alice struggle like she was. This was not her element. But, she said she would try, and here she was. Trying. Not graceful, not really keeping with the beat. But making an effort. You want graceful? Give her her guns, or watch her rend the flesh from an enemy.

An eyebrow quirks at the mention of someone she meet out for Halloween and that Alice had been there.

Looked like the Notary had the rhythm of the group.

A shake of her head, “Not me. My mother tried to get me to learn for charity events and whatever, but it was never something I was interested in.” there were more important things to focus on. Taking over the Family business, learning to fight, learning to shoot, learning the most exciting and interesting ways to torture those who betrayed you. Important things.

failure

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A hollow laugh, swallowed and dispersed through the beat, "I'll take the blame!" it would only be fair, she invited them here, she stepped boldly onto the dance floor. Two Nosferatu and the Prince of Sacramento out on the dance floor, she knew Ale was a vision with her head to toe ink, that Jennifer wasn't as serpentine in looks - Alice would have heard tell if her Cousin appearance was likewise affected by the Curse, and even if it was Jennifer was intelligent. She would know what and how to hide.

"Oh, Superman himself huh...? Well, I hope Mister Kent, treats you right." not asking for the kine's name. It had long fled from her mind, if the superhero had told her that Halloween night, it was Jennifer's business, she wasn't going to look for Jennifer's Superman to have some leverage over the Lady Notary. Others would, Alice was sure, but that was for Jennifer to handle.

"Not-uh-not really," Alice says, feeling her limbs obeying her more, or rather the music and it's rhythm. Pointing at here the fearsome call of Ale's beast roared, "My parents wanted me to learn formal things, but uh. I wasn't...." tonight wasn't really the night to get into her personal mortal history.

1 success

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"I'll hold you to it." She teases Alice, her tone light and friendly as could be with the Curse.

"So far, it’s been really nice. No paranoia that he's just looking for something."
    Something to exploit, or black mail her with. The other Kindred women would understand what came with trusting other Kindred, who had jealous Beasts beating in their cages. It was nice, she thought with a smile. Chris didn't push for things that would risk the Masquerade. So far the agreement they made the night of the Nexus was holding perfectly. And he was so easy to talk to.
    "Superman has been the perfect gentleman. Thank you."
    She smiled while she spoke, so it would be heard in her voice. The Nosferatu gave her fellow Nosferatu a warm smile.

"Charity events? That sounds very fancy and elegant." Jennifer was a bit impressed. Yet she moved the conversation forward, not to pry at personal history surrounded by Kine. Listening to Alice, she nodded in agreement. As Alice trailed off, she offered her parents' desires for her when they still influenced her choices.

"I understand that. My Dad coached me in softball for about 6 months to see if I wanted to try out. Yet then he got distracted by his own hobbies, and I was not a naturally gifted athlete. I wondered if he was disappointed, but oh well. My gifts were elsewhere. My mom suggested flag team- the ones who do artistic waves of flags at the front of football games and parades. I never liked that much attention on me."

She had arrived here in Sacramento still like that - afraid to speak, spending a lot of time sending letters and conversing online. It had taken the Nosferatu Priscus Sidor and Whip Dr Powell praising her when she stood up for herself at a Nosferatu meeting and holding her accountable to obligations to the Family. Then the Triumvir coterie encouraging her and Ricardo Reyes to assert themselves for titles of function in the Invictus. For a moment, she was lost in remembering how it used to be. Enjoying speaking with the Mekhet Lady Dannielle Sage, who had taught her a great deal as well. Where had they all ended up? How did no one here seem to remember them, except for Alder Duchess Twist?

She frowned. She wished that she had kept in contact, had laid plans to send each other messages if relocation had been necessary. She couldn't change the past, she told herself firmly. It was time to look forward, to the future.

failure

Her preoccupation showed itself in her dance moves
    Last edited by Jennifer Hazelton; Mar 22nd, 2021 at 04:58 PM.  Reason for Edit: grammar and spelling edits

18. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread