Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So we are both relatively new to the city then, I came back here by the end of October myself." Shying back a bit whilst trying to keep a half smile up. "Reading? May I ask what kind of reading you're referring to?" There were a lot of different ones in her experience not to mention how many fakes she had seen over the past few years.

"How about for both of our relocations instead?" Ordering two shots of vodka for herself and looking to Quinn to see what she would get. "A stereotype I know but it does work well for me." Not to mention that her liver could take much more of a pounding than most peoples. "Where did you relocate from?"

Lightly fidgeting in her seat.
    "It's a nice country, school is amazing and the people is wonderful if you just get over the foreigner aspects." Good and bad ones alike. "Tokyo is a sight but Kyoto is breathtaking as well. Where in Europe did you visit though it's a large area." With over 40 countries to choose from and some whom were just partially in Europe so were there a lot of possibilities. "I traveled from Russia down towards England, Ireland and around there myself for some time it were quite an experience."
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

2. Likes pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I wouldn't know."
    Jennifer admits to the ' is black ever out of fashion.

" I have found that I do like this look. I dress this way often when I go about with the people in my circles." A gesture to her dressed down look.
    Her herd and orchestra, although it's difficult to mention and refer to them in a place in the open like this.
    A genuine smile bloomed at the prince's words regarding shopping.

"Excellent, I am looking forward to it. It might be stereotypical, but I would like to go out and bond over shopping."
    "I have noticed that there are a streak of risk adverse people . It's a bit disappointing. I do wonder if they are influenced by the recent flame out at the 'board meeting' and subsequent departure.

I would hope that some find their teeth soon enough."

Trying times could be a crucible. If some were undetermined or bending like a willow branch, would they hold up to a storm?

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I’m just going to go with black is never out of fashion. It goes with everything and doesn’t stain, a win win.” At least to her. Ever try to get blood out of something white? Waste of time.

“It’s a nice look on you.” Giving compliments about clothes wasn’t really her thing, but, she could try.

Laughing, “Bonding over shopping? Can’t say I’ve ever heard of that. But I’ll confess, I’m not really the most exciting person to shop with.” She teases, “Stepping out of my comfort zone with clothes is difficult and I tend to not do it. But, I guess we’ll see.” At least she was willing to go out.

A shrug, “It’s hard to say. I’ve seen some who just like playing it safe and hugging the edges of socializing, and those who just don’t know how to socialize.” Taking a sip, she thinks over the words, “Maybe? It’s hard to say, and it depends on if the story they were told is a bunch of bullshit. Which is what I would tend to believe. When someone is disgraced in such a way, they tend to talk themselves up, and downplay their role to look better.” She doubted the whole story would have been shared. If it had been shared. She didn’t know, and she didn’t actually care. “But if people want to hide in the corners and show a lack of backbone, so be it. Personally, I don’t have the time or patience for those who cannot think for themselves.” Waste of time at that point.

But this seemed more a conversation for her office. “So when were you thinking we should have a evening shopping?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn took a sip of the saison. The bubbles were divine, the way they popped over her tongue. The slight bitter undertone in the beer lifted a bit with the lemony finish. It was surprisingly good for beer. She ordered a shot of Nuvo. It was a pink, bubbly, french liqueur. It tasted like you were trying to get a liquid version of champagne and strawberries.

She grinned slightly at the question. "I'm a psychic. I do readings for a private clientele. I have a very strict referral policy. I do lend out my expertise to Law enforcement. I mean, its the one exception I have made. I look at it as charity." And a great way to know what the damn cops are up too. Also knowing who not to eat in the city was important too. "Touch clarivoyance to be more specific. I don't speak to spirits or anything showy like that."

She paused and grinned "Cheers" She exclaimed, and tapped her shot glass against Galina's and knocked the shot back. Her lips pursing slightly as she kept count of Galina's drinks. Wondering how she was gunna hang with all that. Though, maybe it was a Russian thing?!
    "From the mid coastal region down in Southern California. I just needed a change of pace."

She smirked ever so slightly as Galina didn't let her get away with the vagaries of a large Europe. Right on the nose. Beautiful and sharp. Hmmm not a good canditate for eating necessarily. You had to be careful with the bright ones. Over enough time they just noticed to much. "Madrid, Spain, Paris, France, and I did take a wine tour of Tuscany from a local. One of my traveling companions was well connected and luckily knew someone there so we decided to pay a visit."

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Watching her drink, now that were something she hadn't seen before. A look to the bartender.
    "Another one of those for me please." It looked nice.

Listening intently trying to figure it out before shining up a bit as she mentions the type.
    "Now that sounded more in my areas, I met a couple of people who claimed to or wanted to have ESP like that or any other." Mostly young people with fantasies of course. "Sounds like a warm gift, congratulations I hope it brings you joy." If she were honest or real were hard to know but heck she could see spirits and shift shape along with slaughtering people with ease so who knows.

Raising her glass to the tapping.
    "Za Vstrechu" Shooting down her vodka like nothing before sipping Nuvo. "Not to bad." Looking down towards her drink and softly smiling at a memory. "Yeah I get that, it were the same for me. Sometimes a new place is good for you."

Nodding along with the countries.
    "Sounds rather nice, I could recommend touring some of the smaller areas in France though they have quite some beauty and Ireland have plenty of majestic areas. Depending on your interests so are there some areas around Europe where you can have quite a unique experience and where nature still rules as well." Wine tour now that sounded like something her father might go to just to well say that he did. "Ever considered a smaller place or were the art of the cities to alluring?"
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"It is disapointing. I can't really see any one growing if they remain stagnant." Yet a shrug of her shoulders. The Prince was right.
    "Hm, I have the board meeting coming up at the end of the week. I am free beyond then. I would be open to your schedule, of course."

"No? Never heard of bonding over shopping?" Jennifer smiles, reflecting a bit on what their different upbringings must have included. Clueless had shown her some of the shopping and fashion world, as false or contrived as it could be for film.
    "I think its a thing, maybe more of an American thing that women are expected to do. Not that we are falling into any traps for enjoying it. I have to update my wardrobe, and I do hope to enjoy the advice of those more fashionable than I on that."

Jennifer leans forward slightly and lowered her voice a bit. "I do need to bite the bullet and either dedicate the time to open the store, or find some other endeavor. I almost was considering a... 'wine tasting' establishment that would be welcoming to our co - workers. A bit of a place where we could talk about culture. Perhaps debates on academic topics or paintings could be featured. Artists could be hosted... I haven't thought it through. Although I don't know if people would be willing to step outside of their comfort zone to partake. I know the Yacht Club would likely enjoy it... What do you think? Do you like to debate topics in a friendly forum?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

An uncaring shrug, “Then that fault rests on them. They’ll learn that we live in a world that rewards initiative and not being lazy. And when they don’t advance, and are looking for someone to blame, they will only have themselves. I’ve seen it numerous times, it’s quite sad.” But, it was how things were. There were those who did and those who wasted away to nothing.

“End of the week?”
    a pause as she thinks over her schedule, “I believe it should be free, but I’ll have to check with Gabriel.” She couldn’t think of any meetings.

“No.” a shake of her head, “But I’ve never really spent much time shopping or really on anything that wasn’t work related. Things that were bonded over are not really good topics for here.” A chuckle at the memories.

“I know I’m in the process of getting a restaurant up and running myself. It could provide you with the space you seek.”
    Once she got things finished. It wasn’t all that easy to get a restaurant going. And not like anything the Haunt put together would outshine her own. “Are you meaning paintings like the ones I display in my office or at company meetings?” she was feeling a little like her territory was being encroached upon. “I’ve found not many are willing to step outside of their comfort zones. It was why I first started displaying art at work, even with a local artist, people tend to keep thoughts to themselves and not engage. As to if I enjoy debating topics, it depends on the company. There are those who’s thoughts and opinions I value over others, and those I could care less about what they thought. So it would depend.”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer agreed with the Prince about the wallflowers. She felt as though she was lingering too long on the topic by bringing it up to the Prince’s attention again, and decided to drop the subject entirely.
    “Excellent, I will await to hear from Gabriel on a good time. I have to agree, I never was one to spend a lot of time on it. I had so many other pursuits I wanted to spend time on – online, really. I used to wonder if I missed out on having close bonds with other women because shopping never appealed to me beyond being comfortable.”

"I don't know about the paintings that could be on display. I don't have much art history knowledge. I would like if the club had a member who could lecture on it, perhaps give advice to others on who to follow."

Art History had been a course covered in general education at college. Broad strokes, but she still could not identify different styles by sight.
    “I was thinking a Patron of the Arts would be interested in visiting the establishment and sharing thier Gift.”

That was broad enough, and alluded to the Patron of the Arts role in the Invictus.
    They could show off their talent and the Invictus could show off the many benefits of joining the premiere Covenant. There were only three Unaligned Kindred that she knew of. She certainly wouldn't be approaching Maeve- too much risk there as she seemed perfect for different ideologies.
    Jennifer realized she was thinking for a moment and reminded herself to clarify her intent so that she was clear to the Prince. She hoped to bring this up with the Prince again, in private, to mention an Angel or other could be nice for the Invictus.

“I would love to pick up what I mean about the lectures at the next work function.” Where they both could speak freely. Not Elysium, but perhaps a private meeting with the Prince in her office. Jennifer would like to get to know the Prince better.
    Jennifer considered the current company, a casual glance around to see how near others were sitting. Definitely could use a word that had multiple meanings. One was the meaning she wanted, the Kindred gathering place where one could freely speak as it only admitted Kindred.
    Looking back to the Prince, she continues. "A salon, where discussions could be had. It would be private, VIP club members only. I have doubts that others would be as interested in academic debates or in listening to experts give lectures. Oh, if you could provide the space, I would be grateful. Perhaps I could offer the salon on a limited schedule, and have time to curate topics of interest. I appreciate the offer."

Hopefully the word salon was popular enough that the gathering place of Kindred was being established. It would be embarrassing if she came off like she recommended Kindred be updating their style in a social setting!
    “I would like to take a look at the art in your office. I don’t know much about art. It’s a failing that I hope to correct.”

Jennifer wondered if she had monopolized the conversation to her own interests.
    "Do you mind if I ask when you became interested in art? Do you have a favorite artist? I know that I was shown a painting at Elysium where there could be different interpretations. I do like that interspection that art offers."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn noted Galina's deeper interests in the occult. You really never could tell with people! Quinn snorted softly nodding in agreement. She knew the type. Quinn was the genuine article. Of course Galina had no way of knowing that. Quinn also caught something else for the exchange. "So you are involved in the psychic community?" It was a polite way of asking what her gifts were, or if she merely maintained an interest.

Quinn would never describe the gift as 'warm.' Powerful gift, yes. Frightening gift. Yes. A gift with a huge price tag dangling from it, yes. The psychic intrusions she endured were very real, and very very painful at times. It was phantom pain, but it was hard to tell the difference sometimes when you were in the middle of it. She dreaded those moments greatly, but she endured it with no complaint. You pay what you weight....

"All interesting places. I am envious of how traveled you are Galina."She chuckled a little. "I hate the country. I am truly a city girl at heart. I mean the culture, music, people, architecture. It is a real draw for me."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “I get that. I’ve always been more business focused, even when I was younger. It was all about making sure I was ready to take over the family business, and then keeping it running. Both back home and here. But at least we’re both going to make an effort to try it.” That was something.

A sly smile appears, “I was actually considering approaching our boss about such a position. I’m not formally educated in the field of Art, more self-taught. But I believe I have some pull in the community.” Not as much as others, but it was something she had been thinking about.

“Of course.”
    She understood.

“Well, not many want to sit through long lectures. And to be honest, it’s not really my thing. I prefer education to be quick and to the point. But, that’s me.” It was no secret the Savage didn’t like long winded talks.

“The pieces I display in my office change from time to time. One of those things that depends on my mood and whoever I might have a meeting with. Art can be difficult, but not overly difficult if the time is invested.”
    And they had nothing but time.

It was one word that made her pause. Her glass stopped half way to her mouth. “Is that a new art gallery? Or one of those popup galleries?” she asks, an edge to her voice, her eyes hard.

“I became interested in art as a way to grow my portfolio and learn about something new. I also wanted to have things in the office that would catch the eye and inspire conversation.” And it was all down hill from there. “I prefer the style of Paul Delaroche, a darker, Romanticism style of art. John Martin is another I enjoy, having a few pieces in my collection.” Finally taking a sip of her beer, “Though my favorite pieces are those done by someone who used to live here but had to move. Her art is stunning.”

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread