Coffee date

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

Gage approaches the table confidently, but without arrogance. Though both women are remarkably beautiful, his gaze is never oppressive, nor does it fall below the eyes. He offers a polite 'hello' and accompanying smile to Skye as he sets his drink down, unslings the laptop and keeps it tucked near his chair, and unbuttons. In a more relaxed tone, Jenn might notice that the cuff links are gold, and the handkerchief in the pocket is plum.

"Ohhh, you know... round about one in five hundred eight thousand!" It's said with a smile to indicate an attempt at humor, but realizes that it will likely be returned with crickets.
    "And yet, here we are."

Gage looks back at Skye and offers a hand, "I believe you have me at a disadvantage; I'm Gage, pleasure to meet you." The hand and nails are well manicured; it would appear this man has never so much as swung a hammer. The aroma of a subtle cologne begins to become noticeable, clearly applied with reserve that's lacking in most club-hoppers.
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glanced between Skye and Gage, curious how these two would interact. Her eyes took in Gage, and she noticed his accents. The choice of color, rather.
    That could be quite the determination on what Family he hailed from. Her own colors were not quite so clear. The black dress, the spider pin of green and brown stones on her shawl could be mistaken. She obfuscated some, in public. Yet she wore her family colors with pride in events.
    This was certainly not an event.

The Nosferatu remained quiet, curious and content to listen.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling a bit towards the man as he arrived, not reacting to his joke at all. Still this was someone from her social life and if she were to have a chance to be a part of it she would need to learn to play nice even if she just wanted him to leave, wanting to have their date in private.

Looking at his hand before a bit awkwardly taking his hand, the downside with being left handed when people wanted to shake hands. Her nails done up for the night along with having an eerily baby soft skin, the advantage of being able to remove all dead skin with merely a thought clearly having the warmth of one of the living in her. Her grip a bit weak as one can expect from using the none dominant hand but still firmer than one would think given her build and small size.
    "Call me Skye, unless you would prefer last names." Smiling calmly at him as she retrieves her hand. "So what kind of boats do you prefer? Or maybe old gentleman sports such as hunting is closer to your heart?" That was a gentleman thing right? Or was that just in England?

Keeping her eyes at him whilst glancing back towards Jenna, trying to see how she reacted to her words.

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

Gage is expertly dressed in a tailored black on black suit, matching dark hair and a steely gaze. While not overtly powerful, his muscle tone shows an extremely low body fat percentage, a tight chest with a flat abdomen.

PRE

Gage retrieves his own hand as well, folding his hands together and allowing them to rest lightly on the table in front of him. A momentary glance in Jenn's direction. Right now, he was in a perfect opportunity to blow a cover, expose a lie, wreak havoc....

"For all the comfort that yachts provide, for all the adrenaline that speed boats provide, for the simplicity that canoes and kayaks provide... I find myself most drawn to sailing. Only the wind to guide you, and the skill it takes to properly sail... I find it fascinating. As far as, 'old gentleman' sports," Gage can't help to stifle the smile, "I have found myself on the greens a time or two."

Gage looks over to Jenn, "And your boat, what was Her name?"
    Gage would play into her cover, but he'd have fun with it too.
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer liked the joke, it played right to her what are the odds remark. She laughed in earnest, genuine.
    She glanced at Skye for a beat, trying to determine what she was talking about. Oh, her club talk had gotten away from her point it seemed.

She smiled a bit as the newcomer played right into it. He'd be fun in keeping a cover, but this wasn't one that she wanted.
    " I think we had a wee misunderstanding. I should have clarified. It's a bit like the boating club. It's not a boat club. It just has a diverse and varied membership, like one. Or any club."

Trying to learn how to sail or whatever someone does in sacramento was beyond her. She had enough time constraints as it were.
    Now fairly certain that she had pegged Gage's family, she remarks.
    "You're quick on your feet, I'll give you that. I, however, have no skill at boats. Was it Mr. Krait who you spoke to?"
    She tested her theory, adding a little emphasis to the new identity of the Ventrue.
    She had a meeting with Mr. Jack on the books, imminent. She might give a positive remark on Mr. Gage.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Remaining calm and listening to his story, some of it made sense at least so she would not be totally out of it if she needed to speak of it some more.
    "The green you say? For someone in your spry age wouldn't tennis be more fun and quite appropriate to get into?" Boats and golf, if that really is this girls world so will I never fit into it.

Looking over to Jenna as she laughed, smiling happily for a moment as she saw her happy.
    "Whoops, sorry about that." Giggling a little. "So what kind of interests draws you to the club Gage?"

Drinking some of her cocoa whilst feeling a bit lost, not really knowing what kind of topic she should try to get into to not embarrass Jenna. At the same time he also felt like an intruder on a date that were already keeping her at her toes to begin with.

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

Gage had known plenty better than to use Jack's actual name in conversation at all, and was even hesitant to tie his fake identity to Nox, as a stalwart investigator might start to pin the two identities to one body, should they dare. He considers being coy... as Alexander Krait is just a fake identity, and when he met with him, it was under the name Jack, not Krait, the lawyer in him could easily defend answering this question "no." However, such recreational word play would be reserved for a time when they are more familiar.

Gage takes some comfort in the fact that Jenna played his mask identity first, so Gage confirms, but offers nothing more. "I did meet with Mr. Krait indeed," he says. "Are you two acquainted, beyond the shared membership?"
    Her curse gave her bloodline away easily enough, but if she's Invictus she'll either lie now and be found out later, or I will now know both tidbits of information.

Gage's eyebrows raise slightly at Skye's remark, "Spry? I think I was eight years old, when my grandmother used that word. There are many young, professional golfers out there. Does that make me professional - certainly not. Golfing is less of a hobby and more of a tool, to be perfectly honest. I'm in the finance game, and one common avenue that most 'old hoagies' enjoy is being treated to a few rounds of golf, a few cocktails in the country club, and before you know it they are signing checks faster than celebrities autograph."

"My interest in the club.. in a word - diversity," Gage notes some of the anxiety Skye has been trying to maneuver around, and attempts to put it at ease, "Jenna and I may be in the same club, but we are very likely two entirely different people. Personally, I like to constantly be advancing my goals - and you can only get so far if the company you keep is a reflection of yourself. Branching out, diversifying your contacts - that's how I envision success. Other people, hell, they're just there for the party!"

Time to get my back off the ropes.

"Tell me about you, Skye, what compels you to get out of the bed in the morning, what drives you?"
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Yes, another Ventrue. So Mr. Jack was no longer alone after Lenora's baffling departure that had left Edward in a lurch. That was good. Hm, she debated what to say regarding Jack, but with Skye's presence, she decided to be as vague as possible.
    "Yes, we have some shared interests." Her serpentine voice affirmed. Bland and boring.

Jennifer doesn't know much about tennis or golf, or why anyone of any age would waste time on it when there was such exciting new things being discovered in this age. She lets the sports talk waft by her as she has little to contribute. She does note Gage politely engaging Skye, and gives him a positive mark. He doesn't know who Skye is to her, or if she is anything but a drink, and he is polite. He mentions the diversity and very different people, and she smiles.
    "Oh, you could say that again." She smiles.
    "Its one way to get to know someone you might not ordinarily associate with. Networking is always in."
    The Nosferatu took a sip of her milk coffee drink, an excuse to lapse back into silence. To study Skye a moment, then to observe Gage.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Doing her best to follow the names and things being said, her exterior clearly following along whilst her mind goes to far different places.

Taking in his words, damn he were longwinded.
    "Sad it's quite a gentleman's sport, not that I play myself." Smiling towards him whilst keeping an interested look still it was a world she knew very little of nor were meant for. Trading of money left and right, buttering people up that was just not her style nor something she really cared for. His words of assurance meaning nothing to her, she were her to get to know Jenna herself and see things with her own eyes assurances or words from others would only tell their point of view not what she could see.

Her eyes falling towards Jenna for a moment, trying to catch her eyes to see her reaction to this whole conversation and encounter.
    "Let's find a topic we all can be a part of instead." Warmly smiling towards her before looking back to Gage.

"Life, there are new things to see, to make, to learn, to feel and experiences to be had. Why stay in bed and miss life, you never know how much time you get better use every moment." Chuckling a bit. "Besides the bed is boring." True she would probably outlive most people she met unless she got killed but still 2-300 years were to short a time to waste a day away in bed.

Gage
    Resources
    Athletics
    Gage Lioncourt

PRE

Gage gives a perplexed look.
    She asks about boats, I answer politely... she asks about sports, I answer politely... she asks about Court, I answer carefully AND politely... the audacity! She is aware I was invited over, yes? SHE DESERVES THE POINT OF OUR FANG! HOW DDAARE SHE NOT BOW BEFORE US?!?!
    Gage adjusts slightly in his seat, a warm smile on his face.
    "Indeed. Jenna, being the mutual acquaintance, would you perhaps like to lead us in the discussion?"
    Presence 2 (CEO)

1 success

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread