Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A pause, then shake of her head, “Not too familiar with that folklore. Is it something you recommend looking into?” cause why would she have asked about it. “It always struck me how turning one’s passions into a career never felt like work. It’s been nice, though hard to get used to.” A chuckle. Going from swallowing swords for a living to painting and staining furniture had been a trip.

Wow, this girl was into the whole art speaking to you and feeling it.

But she nods, trying to understand. It’s not that the Shaman was stupid, far from it. But this new territory for her. “Huh, well, I hope I’m able to experience that. Maybe I’ll find something here, or at least find a style or artist I enjoy.” It was a process.

“Galina-chan.”
    What the hell was up with the chan thing? But, whatever.

“Is that an artist currently being featured here?”
    she asks, taking the pamphlet out again. “If not, what is the artists style?” but maybe only talking art was too boring.

“So what do you do for a living? You mentioned dancing, are you a dancer?”

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding towards her.
    "I think it suits rather well into your work." Taking a moment whilst adjusting her mask. "In short so when an object lives or exists for a full century so can it receive a kami or a spirit making it come alive, it is a grand thing." With her helping things exist longer and gather emotions so did they certainly synch up. "Far to true albeit sometimes even dreams can make you lonely."

Slowly walking along whilst taking in the art around them, taking her time she was still rather shy of all the faces around her.
    "If not so are there endless media, your willingness to give the world a chance is still very kind." And something needed. "Everyone should find something that speaks to them, it's good for ones soul."

Nodding towards the name, still not really used to the fact that people here do not use suffixes.
    "I do not know." She hadn't had time to look around much, she had nothing to get home to so each piece could gladly take as much time as it wanted of from her. "He was a Belarusian oil painter, some of his works can really calm your mind." At least they could calm hers.

As on a command striking her legs together whilst taking a ballerina pose.
    "I am a ballet dancer, trained in one of the finest academies in all of Russia." Quickly realizing her reflex and assuming a natural stance again. "Sorry reflex." Looking away for a second. "I mostly do Ballet tutorials affiliated with talk of the world online though and have some pretty nice sponsors locked in a contract which earns me more than a fair share of living." Still having no idea why they paid such high sums but that was not her issue.
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was obvious interest on her face as she listened, nodding, “Oh, wow. That sounds fascinating! I’m going to have to look into it more, I’m really curious about now.” She knew Spirits were a thing. But with an object? Worth looking into, not out of the realm of possibility.

Gray eyes take in the pieces as the move, nothing really standing out to her. A nod, “The possibilities provided by the internet are endless. But I had been hoping to see something in person that would stand out. Very kind?”“I know the world isn’t what it used to be and people are busy all the time, but art is something one should always make time for.” that seemed odd to her, It made you slow down.

A pen was taken out of her purse, and she writes the name down, “I would love to find some pieces that can calm the mind! Mine seems to always be going, and it’s getting a bit old.” Her mind needed peace. “I’ll look him up.” A smile as the pen was put back in the purse.

The pose was unexpected, but charming in it’s own way, “Oh, how nice!” so that might explain the accent that kept coming through. “Have you been a ballet dancer your whole life?” seemed logical she would be, but, you never know. “Sounds like a great setup you have going! I looked into private dance lessons a while ago, just as something different to try. And I have to say, you make it look a lot easier than it is.” She could hold her own, but to a certain extent.

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

A breeze of happiness surging through her as she saw the interest of the woman.
    "Be aware though that the term they use is a kami which can be translated into both spirit and god." Then again the difference were hard to see, spirits really could be gods in their sense. "However it should be said that a god or god spirit in Japan is far below what many in the west would see as a god. Their domains can be as small as a single field or a single street." Naturally there were bigger ones but endless small ones.

Softly shaking her head whilst taking in each piece with a delight, even if they didn't speak to her so were they still important in their own right.
    "Internet is sadly bleak though, you can see a captured fracture but the screen does remove a lot of their essence." Stopping by a painting for a second "Just like how seeing the real Mona Lisa and seeing a poster of it is far from the same." Walking on, it was interesting to have someone to talk to in this city.

Looking around for a couple of second.
    "Perhaps you need to consider what deepens your soul." Giving her a quick look. "What kind of emotions do you need and what kind of colors and scenery makes you calm? For me it's the way the colors blends in his images and how they portray a sense of freedom." Or the leaving which could also be quite enjoyable.

Lifting her hand and waving it a bit to say so-so.
    "Hard to tell, I started the academy when I were 10 and studied there as a top student of the ballet arts" Not so much in the academical part "For many years then I took some time of and ended up in Japan where I soon turned to the free teaching, showings and discussions over internet." A small smile "Still haven't been in a none school group as of yet and I am getting up there in age." True she was young but the prime age of a dancer were a different thing, waving her hand a bit. "Shush I used to practice between 6-12 hours per day for years on end since I were still a child it's not an easy art."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Kami?” saying the word, “Is there an easy way to tell which the translation means?” she’d heard of that in some languages, one word with multiple meanings. “Oh wow. It sounds interesting and like something worth looking into.” Maybe she’d take on a study of those spirits. They sounded more interesting than what she’d seen around Sacramento.

A nod as she followed and listened, eyes moving from the paintings to the girl, “I have to agree. Seeing some of these paintings in the pamphlet do not do them justice. In person, you get a sense of how time and dedication went into it, how much emotion and feeling the artist put into it. A picture simply lacks that. A picture captures a moment in time, which in my opinion, is not the same.” But, maybe that was her. It would be interesting to talk with Campy about it, learns his views.

A thoughtful look, “I’d never considered that. Emotions aren’t something I’ve spent a lot of time or effort thinking about.” Well, except one, and she could not get it to go away. “Now colors are a bit easier for me. I used to enjoy blues, but have found myself drawn more to black and green, specifically deep greens. The ocean is where I feel most calm, I actually use sounds of the ocean when meditating.” Not when suspending, but regular meditation.

“That would explain your graceful movement, even when walking. And wow, Japan? The history and culture there have always intrigued me, so rich and full of stories.” And yet she had never been there. “I can understand long hours spent practicing and honing your art. Getting up there in age?” she laughs softly, “You’re what? Twenty?” enjoy it. “And yet, one with such training and dedication moves around on a stage effortlessly. Do you perform locally?” she’d be interested in seeing her dance.

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thinking for a moment.
    "I suppose that the simplest way would be to view them as a part of a divine court. Each kami is a god in it's own right but it can still be a very low ranked and weak god with a domain stretching to perhaps just a single hammer. Meanwhile you have some gods whom stand at the top like Amaterasu Omikami whom is the goddess of the sun in Shinto teaching. At the same time so is each single kami also at least in part a spirit or even fully a spirit being." Puhh that was a bit more than she were comfortable with. "Does that make sense?" Looking over the woman.

Smiling under her mask and visibly shows joy in the reply.
    "True, the life just isn't there unless you can actually see it. All you get from a photo or through a screen is a glimmer of what it is now, not the history, emotions that went into it and the life it spreads." She had really been caught in the wrong area here, it was so hard to not delve in.

Listening as she thinks.
    "Then perhaps things that represent the ocean would be a painting for you?" Feeling a bit ashamed that one of her favorites were from just a anime series. "If they can help you connect to it that is."

Closhing her eyes for a moment.
    "Yes it truly is, high school there were brutal though but it was a marvelous part of my life." Slapping her forehead. "I am sure you have given just as much for your own craft or more." You didn't get good unless you were willing to spend the time.

Pouting a bit.
    "I turn 21 soon." And then she could get her vodka back. "Sadly my return to the country is still recent, haven't had the chance to get into a company yet even less train with one." Thinking for second. "Don't know if I will or if I will just stick to my internet ones or maybe rent out a room for a one girl show." Truth be told it would be nice to have a full crew with her.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “It does make sense and absolutely fascinating! I can tell I’ll be doing quite a bit of research into it. Thank you for sharing. Hey, maybe after I some research in, we can meet up and discuss it more?” she found that helped with learning and retaining information.

“I’ve always been a hands on or seeing something live type person. Pictures are nice to look back on, a happy memory, but that’s about it to me.”
    Nothing special.

“Hmmm, you could be on to something. I never thought to look for paintings like that, and will be looking into that.”
    But she didn’t see anywhere. “How about you? Do you have something the you can connect to?”

Laughing, “I can say the same thing about the school I went to in Monteral. It was tough, and kicked my ass many times, but it was worth it and a happy time. Funny how that works.”

Shrugging, “Considering I was raised in it, probably. But, we wouldn’t put in all that time if we didn’t love out craft right?” well...used to love.

Another laugh, “Still young.” Quite younger than she was. “You could always look into teaching others if you can’t find a company. Or, do like I did, go out on your own! Either way, do what makes you happy. But I hear that those able to teach such things as ballet, with your experience, are rare. Could be a good opportunity.”

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Certainly would you prefer Facebook, snapchat, discord, mail or cellphone number to reach me on?" She had them all.

Visibly shining up a bit.
    "That's nice, so many people prefer the comfort of the screen nowadays and just don't know how much their missing." Which were far to sad. "It lowers the culture and prevents to many ones with talent from discovering it and their passion."

Chuckling a bit.
    "In truth so are there two things. First of so do we have pictures whom display either chaos or freedom." They both were the same for her. "Second so is there a painting in the Meitantei Conan series of a knight killing the devil and in turn getting drenched in it's blood." The symbolism were still nice and strong.

"The cultural differences and severely higher tempo were the hard part." Along with her family tasks so was it a lot. "How was school there? Never had the chance to attend school here the US before moving to Russia."

Softly answering.
    "Perhaps or perhaps we learn to love it as we are forced into it or we just think that we love it but for all the wrong reasons." Not remembering a time when ballet hadn't been forced on her made it hard to know if she really enjoyed it or just wanted her crappy fathers attention.

A shy but stern look given.
    "Depends on viewpoint, it gives me about 14 years before retirement." True her regenerative powers might prolong it but that was no guarantee. "For now so does my internet teachings provide enough to survive but it would be nice to be in a show." And get her name out there. "Sadly my knowledge of ballet in this country and business is still quite low, it has been nearly 15 years since I left and I just recently returned. It's well worth looking into though."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A soft chuckle, “A cell number will work.” She knew the others, just choose to stay off them unless it was business.

“Well, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the screen here and there. Especially for things I simply cannot see in person, or a book I cannot get my hands on. But it takes away some of the magic.” She liked her Nook, and some internet sites, but it didn’t own her life.

Ok. So dark things. “I’ll have to keep an eye out for it.” She wasn’t opposed to dark imagery; she just hadn’t been expecting it.

“I hated it at first, never really picking up on the language. Which thankfully wasn’t a huge thing as almost everyone spoke English. But it was difficult, between regular high school classes and technical circus and other performing training, it took a lot. Then moving on to the higher education after, I spent quite a few years there, but I wouldn’t trade them for anything.” She learned and grew quite a bit.

“Hmm, you raise a good point. I was raised by two parents who were already established performers, traveling the states. So, I suppose there could be an aspect of loving it for the wrong reasons. Though we do possess the ability to change and make our own paths.”
    Which was what she was doing now. A bit late in life, but whatever.

She nods, “I get that. Not sure how much more my body has in it. I mean, I still train every morning, but there will come a point when I physically cannot.” But so was the life of a performer. Though as a Master of Life, she could prolong her career. But that just never was something she wanted. “Wish I had some connections in that field, but I don’t. But maybe your internet teaching will help spread your name and talents.”

Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tapping some on her phone before raising it up.
    "There ready to send our respective numbers straight over to one another? Be warned though I like to sleep in."

"True it can be better than nothing if you use it to find things you really want to see with your own eyes but when you stop there so do the artworld experience a loss." Perhaps she were getting a bit repetitive on this matter here.

"The beauty of the knight killing the devil is it's meaning." Stopping to look at a painting. "By killing the devil so does he defile himself, no longer being a pure knight put rather in a way just becoming the next devil in a never ending circle of violence." It was a nice little story and the painting were quite nice.

Seeming a bit thrown of.
    "Isn't it in a English speaking country? It's got to be around here somewhere right or maybe Canada? But that's still a English country." What am I missing here? "School can be tough, backbreakingly hard but also leave us with some of our most cherished memories. Not to mention all the nice clubs." When she had time for them. "What did you go on to study after high school?"

"You are not wrong there but if to much of your childhood is spent to mold you for something so can it become such a big part of who you that you never really know if the love is real or not." Heck she had no clue but still dancing were what she knew and what brought some semblance of normalcy ever since the first change. "Now that we do, you just need to be brave enough to take the risk or change."

Letting her eyes go back to the woman.
    "If you ever put up a show in the city so would I gladly come watch it and I am sure you have at least another decade in you if that is your wish." No shame in quitting or changing lanes though. "That's quite alright I ran into someone who told me of a ballet group here in the city which I intend to visit and if that doesn't work out maybe just start my own dance studio or nestle my way into some other performance." Few could match her skills at least and even fewer with her youth.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread