Watch

Art show at The Crocker

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze arrives well after the showing has already begun, dressed in a rare suit look for him, and looking around alertly, taking in the art, but almost looking like he's checking them for booby traps rather than appreciating them.

He sees Aurora talking with someone he doesn't know, and drifts casually over to them with a smooth, athletic grace.

"Hey there." He says quietly smiling. "I don't mean to interrupt. I'm just glad to see someone I know. I'm trying to get used to good art, so...yeah, not really the kind of scene I'm used to."

Kaze's aura is transformed and his spells are cloaked, so no indication of a supernatural being at first glance even to aura reading or mage sight.

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Taking her own phone out, she exchanges numbers. “Oh, no worries about that. I’m usually practicing and meditating until later in the morning. And I totally get sleeping in, so I don’t call or text others until the afternoon.” Being polite and all that.

Listening as she also looked at the painting in front of them, “I always read that knights were knights for defending someone or someones land. And I figured killing went along with that. But it sounds like, according to the painting, and your understanding of it, that he had never killed before? What makes a pure knight?” just seemed odd to her. “Now I need to find it online and see what I can take away from it.” The name added into her phone as a note. But was she no longer ‘pure’ because she had killed?

“It’s in Canada, and almost everyone knows English. But there are still some who speak French, and I wanted to learn.” Laughing, “Oh the nightclubs in Montréal were amazing! The friends I had made and myself would spend every free evening we had going out.” How they all managed to pass their classes was unknown. “I stayed in Montreal and went on to get a 3-year Diploma of Collegial Studies in Circus Arts or a DEC. Not really a degree that looks good on a resume.” A shrug. “But I did it, and it helped with my career.” Though now she wants a different education.

“A good point. I’ve found myself questioning it as I try to start a new career. I find myself looking back on all the years spent traveling and performing, and wondering if I ever really enjoyed it. It’s been,” a pause, “an interesting thing.” Would she miss performing? She wasn’t sure. It had been such a huge part of who she was, who would she be without it?

“I’ll certainly let you know. I’ve actually thought about it, I haven’t performed in Sacramento in years, might be nice.” But permits were always a bitch. Laughing, “Another decade huh? I’ll take it.” Humor in her voice. “Oh, there you go! I’ll keep my fingers crossed. And the same goes for you, if you’re ever performing, I’d love to come see.” Ballet was such a beautiful art.

With his athletic good looks, and a suit, it was hard to miss Kaze.

Smiling, “Hey Chase, how are you?” she asks, “And not interrupting at all.”

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

5'5-165cm tall, with a slim light body.
    Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

Letting the numbers exchange and stowing away her phone again.
    "You can text whenever that doesn't wake me, nor does calling really I just wont answer." The upside with tiring yourself out. "Other than that so feel free to contact me at any time, I am seldom busy."

Smiling underneath her mask.
    "You are not wrong but you base it upon actual facts whilst the painting is based on the nobility that knights come with in stories." And their over hyping. "As such the knight is pure but by killing the devil so has he turned away from his path and become what he despised." Thinking for a second. "It's on crunchyroll if you wanna watch it legally otherwise so am I sure it's easy to find it's early on in the series."

Shuddering a bit.
    "Now that is a hard language unless you know Latin of course, did you ever master it?" Cocking her head and watching with slight envy. "Now that sounds amazing, I used to go out nearly every weekend this last year not to mention to accompany my surrogate family on some weekday trips as well but in this damn country I cant even be a cliché and buy vodka." Wow you can study that, interesting. "Sounds like you had an amazing time at least."

"You always have the possibility to fall back to your former life if it doesn't work out, still try things out whilst you can having regrets is never good."

"Then I shall let you know and look forward to hear from you as well although it might be while for me, it takes quite a while to rehearse a dance." And she did not want a background part. "That is assuming our fields have about an equal lifespan yes, really not an expert on yours I am afraid."

Taking a small step back as the man approaches, carefully watching over him whilst playing with her phone and making herself small, softly speaking as they seemed silent.
    "Meitantei Conan episode 8 The Art Museum Murder Case"
    Rahu Blood Talons Health:
    Her English have a very clear Russian accent.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey Madison." Kaze says when she greets and invites him or at least assures him he's not bothering her. "So, are you into art? I'm trying new things, and 'the arts' in general are new for me. I've been getting interested in acting, lately, and just trying to be more in the 'art' vibe, you know?"

He looks over at Galina, making eye contact if she's open to it, and says, "Hi, call me 'Chase'." with a friendly smile.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A brief nod, “That’s cool. I just usually set aside my mornings for training and what not. Afternoons are for business. Plus, it gives me more time to wake-up and be presentable.” Plus, she hated mornings.

“Oh, so I didn’t have the whole story so to speak.”
    A smirk as she listened, “I’ll look into it.” Who knows, maybe it will catch her eye.

“It was! But no, I never mastered it, just learned enough to help with my classes. But unfortunately, I’ve forgotten most of it, as it was years ago that I was school.” Too many years. “Well, there are some great nightclubs in the city.” To hear the girl wasn’t even legal made her feel old. “I did, made some good friends and memories.” What more could you ask for really?

A shrug, “I still perform, it’s just on a more private basis. Parents hire me for parties, and sometime I work conventions. Have to keep the money coming in.” and the money was pretty decent.

“And it might be a while for me, getting the city to allow me to use fire is a pain in the ass. So much red tape, it’s exhausting. But I will be eagerly awaiting! And should you ever decide to offer lessons, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.” The last time she did the girl said she wasn’t too bad.

“Eh, kinda. I’ve been looking into it a bit lately. Both at the library and here at the Crocker. Figure it might help with my refurb business, get to know art better and all that.” A shrug. “I had hoped one of my friends would be here, and I could pick his brain, but seems not.” That was totally the reason. Yup.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I tend to use the nights for training and being out and around." Nights and early mornings had so much to do. "Pish posh you're a beautiful woman I doubt you need to do more than brush your hair to look more than presentable."

Watching around them.
    "Or you have a logical brain that does not take things at base or supposed value." Good for a lot but bad for stories.

Softly chuckling.
    "That is sad, perhaps taking a course might help you bring some good old memories back?" Giving her a shining look. "Any nice themed ones? I do plan on visiting them next year." Just got to avoid all the flirts.

"How often do you perform in that manner? Have you considered a streaming show where you need to pay to see the content?" So much could be done with the internet. "What conventions do they have here that fits your style?"

Slowly looking over the womans body.
    "Red tape for fire that sounds damn annoying." So much easier when you more or less ruled an area, they just did what they wanted. "I wouldn't mind giving you private lessons if you like, it's an art that should be shared with the world."

Still keeping herself small whilst watching the man, sharp eyes meeting his.
    "Maruyama, Maruyama Galina-chan." The Russian accent clearly evident in her English. "You should try improv groups and singing those are good for actors."

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, right. I forgot about your refurbishing business." Kaze said. "I'm still up for helping haul anything you need in my pickup, anytime."

Kaze smiles, "Hey thanks for the advice!" He says. "So, can I ask you you know that? And your name?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I use my nights for studying and getting together with friends if there is anything going on.” But she was turning into someone who liked to be home more than out. It was weird. Laughing, “You’re too kind!” but she wasn’t completely wrong. The Shaman knew she had been blessed with good looks.

“That could be. But it’s still fun to imagine the story behind a painting, the one the artist is trying to tell.”
    And she liked to think she could do that.

Thoughtful for a moment, “You know, I should. I enjoyed it when I was in school, no reason I couldn’t pick it up again.” She was going to look into that. The girl was right, it could bring back some good memories. “There are many themed ones, it just depends on what you are looking for. I think it’s safe to say there is a themed one for everyone and everyone’s taste. Reverence is a gothic themed one that has some excellent music and drinks, so I’d recommend that one. Plus, it’s a chance to try a new way of dressing for a night!” who doesn’t like the chance to change who they are for the night?

“On a private basis? Maybe two or three times a month. I’m very picky about the shows I agree to now. And I’ve considered Streaming. But its been a bit of a issue finding someone to work the camera, and making sure the space I train in is available. So I hope at some point I will.” And then making sure her guy was free that evening. “Mainly tattoo conventions. My style of performance fits in quite nicely at those.” They had been the most welcoming.

“That would be great!” she wasn’t sure she’d be good, but she’d have fun.

Smiling to Chase, “Thanks! I might be taking you up on that soon. Just found this huge bookshelf I want to get moved into my apartment.”

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Innocent cuteness)
    Presence
    (Enticing)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Galina
    Appearance

Equipment

Purse
    Proteinbars
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    License
    Gloves

+1
    SL
    PRE

"What do you study and what is there to do in this city at nights?" Still far to knew to this side of the world. "Ohh please you probably have more suitors around than you care to deal with, beauty and fame is a lethal combo." Not that such things were always good.

Pondering the words for a second.
    "Perhaps but it's also interesting to see what stories it creates in your own mind as well, sometimes that tells us more than to see the intended story." The beauty of art.

Enjoying the various pieces around them.
    "Nope and the beauty of languages is how it connects you to a new world and culture." She herself having enjoyed to learn Japanese. "That could be interesting afraid my only gothic clothes are more Lolita gothic though." It did help her get into various places. "It would be interesting to try a bubble party then again just a friendly dive bar would be nice as well." Being far to much in love with vodka and sake and needing far to much to feel it's effects. "Which is your favorite hangout and why?"

Slowly nodding.
    "That is still quite a lot of shows I thought you would say one every two months or so." Looking up for a moment "Depending on style so could you attach cameras in various angles in the ceiling and stationary ones to simulcast the image making it viewable from various angles simultaneously and not need any person to focus. Add some auto zooming ones and the right settings and it can work wonders." That being her own setup. A quick glance of sparkling eyes given as she heard the words of tattoo convention. "They have tattoo conventions here in the city?"

"Just give me a call whenever you like, I have a dance room in my apartment send me your size so can I see about getting you a ballerina outfit as well."

Shrugging back a bit from the man, still speaking softly.
    "Maruyama, Maruyama Galina-chan or Gali-jin" Why didn't he listen the first time? And not like anyone will get that joke here. "You're not the first actor I have met."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Great! Any time, just let me know." He says when Aurora mentions needing help moving a huge bookshelf.

He smiles again when Galina speaks up, "Oh, nice to meet you, Maruyama-san!" He says. His pronunciation of the Japanese name sounds like a native speaker, with an accent of the southernmost of the Japanese islands, Okinawa.

"Do you speak Japanese?"
    He asks, smiling.

Is there an accent from Galina's speaking Japanese? Does she sound like a native speaker or someone who learned in a formal class?

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread