DISPLAYED
(AwCon) Survivors

(2009) Of Princes and Paupers
Sep 11, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
(2009) Is Three a Crowd?
Sep 17, 2020 - Oct 1, 2020
(2009)Alice and Ale
Sep 22, 2020 - Sep 28, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

-2 will be the final mod; Bev can make another STA check to rouse as she's examined.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

Orphan examines Beverly carefully, lifting an eyelid to look for pupil dilation and reaction, feeling her scalp for any evidence of more severe injury and so forth.

House he ain't, but not too shabby...

Not yet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

At Orphan's prodding, and eyelid lifting, Beverely stirs to consciousness. Although she has slight internal damage from Backlash, she seems fine.

Oddly, though, to Beverely's eyes, the world seems a bit more dull, and a bit more grey.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Beverely yelps and grabs Orphan's ams as she wakes up, struggling in terror. "No, get away from me!" She's clearly terrified, although she suddenly gasps in pain and falls back, realising where she is. "You're not one of them..."

Orphan

PRE

'No, I'm not," Orphan says, still trying to determine just what is wrong with her. "What happened, Beverly?"

"It.." Beverly wraps her arms around herself, shaking. "It was Ollie Orphan, Ollie and Vector.. they flipped the car over, we tried fighting them, but they were so strong.. our spells failed, too many paradoxes, I don't know why they left me alive.."

She raises her head, tears in her eyes and her voice quiet with shock. "Oh God. They're all dead Orphan, all of them.." She attempts to wrap her arms around him tightly, beginning to sob.

Orphan

PRE

"All of them?" Orphan feels his blood chill, but makes himself stay calm.

keep it together

Orphan keeps his voice calm and even. "I found some bodies," he confirms. "But not very many. You said they're all dead.. did we lose a lot getting away from the Bell Building? I didn't see any sign of Ankh or Falx or Animus... did you see them die?"

Beverly leans against Orphan, still sobbing and with her arms tightly around him and her face pressed against his chest. "Some might have got away after I was knocked out, I don't know, but.. they were being torn apart, some were hawks, Animus, but they were all killed too, I tried, I did, but, it was too much.." She continues to shake and sob, her emotions almost tangible with her misery and fear.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan knows he needs to get Beverly calmed down before trying to get more information, and really before doing much of anything, but as drained as he is, he's wary of trying to use the bit of Mind he knows to try to calm her... plus, he'd read about how it was healthy for people to grieve losses and express trauma.

"It's not your fault, Beverly," Orphan says, just holding her. He attemps to be consoling... and, surprisingly, doesn't do too bad a job of it.

better than Dr. Phil at least

"Birds," he thinks. "That explains the feathers anyhow. But still no sign of Animus or Ankh... I'm going to hope they're alive, but go under the assumption they might not be. And what happened to West and Josh and Ash?" he wonders, hoping they'd fared better.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread