Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
161 - 170
DISPLAYED
(AwCon) House That Niles Built

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 17 of 18 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shakes his head. "But I think we're out of other options. If Beverly's plan doesn't work, then at least we'll have tried. I think we owe Orphan that much, at least."

Beverly reaches out, touching Orphan on the shoulder gently. "If it doesn't work, then it's my fault, I did this to him, and that's why it's come to this. If it does work, then hopefully I'veearnt some forgiveness, but that's up to the three of you." She glances at Animus and Ankh and their lack of clothing and despite herself colours a little before telling herself to be more sensible, and she removes her shirt, leaving just her bra on her upper body. She rolls her shirt up and pulls it tight, but then eyes Orphan, the realisation of what they're planning to do hitting her as her face pales. She slowly inches towards her, her movements slow and akward, the shirt twisted between her hands.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh wants to tell Beverly not to do it, that it wouldn't work and wasn't worth the risk, but she doesn't know that for sure. She does not want to face Orphan should he become like Ollie and Tug, nor does she have the capability to do so at the moment.

"Wait, Bev. I don't know if Animus and I can take him if the Abyss takes control of him. I don't know if we have enough left in us."

She looks at the other woman and gives her a smile. "But I know that none of us can hold a grudge against you for doing something against your will. It's not your fault."

Orphan

PRE

Orphan takes a deep breath, then slumps, as Animus' very reasonable idea fails.

"The resurrection gambit isn't going to work," Orphan says, shaking his head. "My Divination told me that." He tries to keep himself calm, to run through the information he's currently accessing for anything that might have a chance of working.

West, can Orphan try another roll against the enhanced Occult/Abyss knowledge he currently has, to try to identify any other likely option that might help with this?

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh slumps back with relief, glad that Orphan knew if it would work or not. The guy was long winded sometimes, but she certainly did not want to kill him. Not when they needed all the help they could get at this point.

"I cannot tell you how relieved I am to hear you say that, Orphan."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

He can roll Int+Medicine-5 for more info...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Beverely slumps back as well, a look of relief on her face, but it fades as the wrings the twisted shirt between her hands. "I don't know how to help you..."

Orphan

PRE

I got nothing

"Neither do I, or the rest of us, Bev," Orphan says. "What happened wasn't your fault... you were being controlled by these things. We've got to figure out what to do, though."

Orphan looks at Ankh and Animus. "We've got to stop this here. If I was to just end up like Bev, without my connection to the Supernal... well, that would suck, but at least I could be of help to you. But first I'd probably end up like Bev was when she attacked me, and probably stay that way until I passed this stuff on to someone else. I won't take the risk of that happening." He grins. "Well, unless you have some good idea how I can maybe pass it on to Vector or Ollie."

"Seriously, though," he says, focusing his gaze on Ankh. "We can't take the risk of me infecting one of you, or ending up like Tug. Even if you leave me here, there's no guarantee that won't happen. Unless one of you has a sudden brainstorm, I think the best thing would be for you to put me down and destroy my body - and hopefully the spiders with it. Just promise me you will do what you can to make sure my daisho gets passed on."

"No! Don't you dare!" Beverly jumps to her feet, glaring at Orphan. "Don't you dare give up on us like that. She sinks down next to him, gripping her arm with both hands, shaking her head. "Animus, Ankh, you two should carry on." She glances at them, tears in her eyes. "I'll look after him, he can look after me, I won't let him do any harm, eventually, those things will realise they'll get nothing from him, and just.. go away, I hope." She glances back at Orphan. "But don't you dare think we're going to "put you out of your misery."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh gets to her feet. "I'm sorry Orphan, but I will not kill you. It's against my nature. If we meet again and you are like Tug and Ollie, then I will have no choice. But as it stands right now, I will not kill a friend."

She turns to Animus. "He is right about one thing, we need to go. I don't know where the hell we're going to go, but we can't stay here. We need to try to get to the portal. To West."

Page 17 of 18 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
Closed Thread