Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
151 - 160
DISPLAYED
(AwCon) House That Niles Built

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 16 of 18 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last

Orphan

PRE

Orphan nods, agreeing fully with Animus, and starts divesting himself of his weapons. He hands over his shotgun and pistol, the extra Army boot knife, the collapsible batons, the lengths of piano wire attached to firm handles, finally he tosses down his sap gloves and Swiss army knife. "I had some handcuffs for awhile after everything went to hell, but I lost them along the way."

The very last thing he hands over are the paired blades of his daisho. "I know you'll have more than enough to deal with, but if I don't survive this and you have an opportunity, try to make sure these get to my Mentor, Typhoon, so they can be passed on to another Brother of the Demon Wind."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus watches in growing surprise as Orphan pulls more and more weapons from his person. Was he planning to outfit a small army with that? He carries the lot to the altar and returns with the vestment. Far from ideal, but there's no time to look for something better. Returning to the group, he begins binding Orphan up as securely as he can.

"Hopefully this will hold him if the spiders take over, but I don't know how long it may have bought us. Ankh, do you have any other ideas that might work quickly, do we try a ritual and hope he holds that long, or ... ?" He lets the sentence trail off.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Please roll (STR -or- DEX) + (Survival -or- Crafts) for the quality of the binding.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

3suxx

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Orphan is securely tied, and Animus and Ankh both watches as the cluster continues to rise.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh frowns, trying to think. "I am almost out of mana. Life Force Attack didn't work. I don't know if purging would work because it isn't a disease or a toxin. I can't even classify what it is, other then Abyssal so I don't know how to fight it."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Then maybe the solution is to make it a disease. I might be able to turn it into a cold virus, and we can go from there?"

Animus concentrates, forming a spell and centering it on the inky blackness.

Transform Base Life

He hisses slightly at the far-too-familiar burning sensation as he locks the Abyss into his own flesh, and carefully studies the black swarm, watching for any change in its tenor to indicate success or failure.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Animus feels his spell try to take hold, but the shroud of the Abyss protects the intruders. Now firmly centered in Orphan's chest area, they begin slowly moving upwards.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus growls in frustration. "Blocked. The fleshies didn't pull stunts like that. Maybe it's the difference between control and alteration."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh inspects Orphan carefully before sitting back and shaking her head. "Or maybe it's already rooted into his essence. That might be why we can't seem to get a hold on it. I still agree with Bev that this thing is a parasite, but I am concerned now that if we try to kill him and bring him back, it either won't work or he'll end up like Tug and Ollie."

Page 16 of 18 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
Closed Thread