Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
141 - 150
DISPLAYED
(AwCon) House That Niles Built

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 15 of 18 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh's expression turns dark and she walks away toward the door of the church. If these two weren't going to listen to her, then she was done. She needed to figure out how to get into that stronghold anyway, she may as well begin considering that problem.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Everyone seemed to be throwing out their views at once, and keeping track of everything was getting to be a headache. "Orphan, it has nothing to do with size. They're individual creatures, each with their own instincts. They aren't unified enough to be treated as a single creature. Ankh, they're still living creatures. I can feel them just like any other life form, and the fleshies responded to instinctual fear as any creature would. The Abyss can twist creatures all it wants, but it doesn't turn them into non-living constructs."

Beverly glances at Ankh's retreating back. "And you can't leave Orphan here alone!"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus can feel all chance of survival for any of them draining away as the group mentality, all the bonds that had formed through three months of the desperate, collective fight for survival shatter under the pressure of the ticking clock. His voice fills with desperation. "Ankh, please, don't leave now. All any of us has is each other. If we lose that, we'll all be sitting ducks for the Banishers or the Abyss. There are few enough of us left as it is, without the last few of us breaking apart."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Animus watches as the cluster suddenly begins rapidly rising up Orphan's leg.

If he knows his biology, they've hit the greater saphenous vein.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

Orphan nods at Animus' explanation. Animus was a Master of Life, after all. He knew his stuff. Still, that didn't keep Orphan from offering his less-than-expert brainstorming.

"Can you ... I don't know, super-charge my immune system to try to kill them, or transform my biology in some way that makes it hostile to them?"

To Bev, he says, "If nothing works, it's okay for them - and you - to leave me, or put me down for safety sake. The mission, and the survival of the greatest number, is more important. I'm just not in any hurry to cash out, and I'm okay playing long odds if that's all we have."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh turns suddenly, her anger and frustration materializing in a flash of power as she attacks the life forms crawling up Orphan's leg. She focuses her attentions on them specifically, hoping the attack will be sufficient to kill some or all of them. Or maybe it would cause them to retreat back from their progression up his leg.

"I never said I was leaving." She says in a low tone. "I am working on the solution and having people ask me a bunch of questions at once isn't helping."

She watches the darkness of Oprhan's leg to gauge the reaction of her attack.

3 suxx

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

We'll assume Ankh also cast Sense Life to target them.

The spell doesn't appear to diminish the knot of dark skittery sensation flowing up into Orphan's abdominal area, but the young Acanthus feels the searing pain of the attack cast so closely to his own life force.

Orphan takes 1 Lethal.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus sighs, tense, knowing how critical the next few moments are. "We're running out of time. If we're going to try something else, we need him tied up first in case they take over. And Orphan, I think it'd be safest for all involved if you hand over your katana and any other weapons you have, just to be sure."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh swears loudly and moves back toward Orphan. "All right, we can positivly say life force attack doesn't work."

She turns to Animus and nods. "That might be the best thing to do. I am running out of mana though and I don't know what more we can try before I have nothing left."

Sorry about that West, did not think of targeting before I rolled. I will try to remember next time.

Page 15 of 18 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
Closed Thread