Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Stir-Crazy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The first. As Madison has pointed out, whether or not someone is good at dancing depends on who is judging and their state of mind."

Twist grinned, a sharp flash of teeth a mischievous sparkle in her eye, "I have a number of different kinds that I consider myself good at." It wasn't so much a brag as a statement of fact, the words delivered in smooth confidence, that smile tipping it into just natural. If she had thrown in a shrug it could have been taken as an attempt at modesty. But she hadn't.

But it was just as clear it wasn't meant to be a challenge as she turned to Anatole. Yes, the sun is up. You didn't ask but it doesn't make it not true. And next in sports...

Her smile eased into something more generally pleasant at his audible appreciation of the drink. "See. Always comes back to the drinks," she says with a laugh.

"What about you? I imagine you have seen a fair number of dancing?" she asked toward Anatole . With that beard surely he had seen action of some kind during his life.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole had been worshipfully raising his glass to his lips when he senses Twist interest.

"Now that. That is exactly what I say. Always come back to drink."

He even managed to crack a smile and a sly wink.

"Me? Dance? Oh no. Dancing was never a thing of mine. Eh... Can't move see. See these legs? Gotta fly to dance and these legs are like the pillars of the earth."

The cracked smile hung on his face like he had forgotten it was there.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiled as the man opened up, "So you don't dance, what do you do?" He ponders for a moment before lifting up his glass, "Other than drink, of course."

Coy eyes returned back to Myah, "You sound like you have an itch," very focused on dancing, "Why not pick something from the jukebox and see what happens?" A thoughtful look appeared as he glanced towards the touchtunes display, wondering if they're even actually referred to as jukeboxes.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Seems he liked his drink.

“Finding a bar that knows what to serve can be rare.”
    She comments, “I’m Madison by the way.” Offering a hand if he wished to shake it.

As Myah mentioned dancing again, “A number of different ones?” the Shaman looked impressed, “Sounds like a passion then. Any favorites then?” more then one way to spark convo. “Or any you could show off?” see how good she was. Not that Aurora could really chance, at least not as good as this other woman seemed to be. But, could be fun, and she needed fun.

The Shaman had to laugh at Anatole describing his legs. “So if dancing isn’t your thing, then what is?” he was here, time to include him in the talks.

And then there was Alex. Leaning against the bar, she watches. Curious to see where that offer went.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole looked at Madison's offered hand with a puzzled look for a moment, then a large smile cracked his beard and he gave her hand an uncertain shake.

He really did have big hands - and they felt heavily callused and rough to her touch.

"Yes. Yes it is,"
    he add solemnly to her comment.

To Alex Jacque - "Can't do much right now. Down on my luck, see. But I read: stocks and shares mostly. Trying to understand investment. Passing interest in conspiracy theories, because they can sure be entertaining... Ah! And mechanical puzzles."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist watched Anatole, giving him room to answer Alex's question. Or not if he so chose.

At the comments toward her, she laughed, the sparkle in her eye more than a match for the coy look in his. "An itch- I suppose it could be called that. I like Madison's word better though, passion. As far as a favorite..." she paused thinking.

She didn't think the answer of 'the one with sharp pointy metal accessories' was exactly appropriate for the atmosphere.

And 'the one that involves loosing clothes' opened up options that she fairly sure she did not want with the addition of the Anatole to their group. Impressive beard or not.

"I suppose you could say that my favorites are the ones that are not done alone," she ended up answering with a smile.

Rocking back in her chair she looked to Anatole first and then the other two, "I do. But," she held up a finger to add a caveat to her agreement on showing off, "only if I'm not going alone." Again, her eyes scanned the small group. Seeing if any would agree.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alex furrowed his brow at Anatole's response, "Yeah, stocks are a shitshow right now. Buy low and sell high is about the most accurate but otherwise useless advice anyone could give." Easy to say, nearly impossible to implement with consistent results. "Well, I was about to donate a C-note to the unforgiving Gods of Keno," he pointed a single finger-gun at Anatole's glass, "How about I put it towards the worthy cause of keeping that full for the night instead and if your luck ever turns around you can return the favor?" A pause before he added, "If not, no harm and no debt." Worst case scenario, this monster might end up on Santa's nice list. "Only thing it'll cost you is sharing a name, and perhaps your favorite conspiracy theory."

A grin passed over his lips as the Daeva worked the small group to break someone out of their shells. He thoughtfully shrugged his shoulder in Myah's direction, letting her know he was game. While waiting for anyone else to commit, he thumbed through his phone until a song began to play over the touchtune speakers:

The machines typically have some kind of skip or buy next option for songs so feel free to commit heresy change the song!

Blood Hunt:

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

For a woman, she hands were small, but they were also callused, not soft. She worked with her hands.

Stocks and investments? Yuck, not her thing, never made any sense.

“Mechanical puzzles?” now she was curious.

“Passions should always be chased and encouraged.”
    There was certainly something seductive about that one.

“Now no one should have to dance alone.” Says the Shaman to Myah. “Shall we show this bar how it’s done?” she wasn’t the best dancer, but she was out to have fun. So fuck it.

Really? More stock talk? Guys could be soo boring.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole stared at the bill. Then at Jacque with an arched eyebrow.

"Well thank you, I suppose," he replied calmly.

He turned purposefully toward the taller man and much more handsome man.

"Call me Anatole. What's your name."

The dwarf is a fast learner - he extends his hand as well, in an offer of friendship.

"Call me old fashioned and dull, but I do love a good UFO story. Thing is, sometimes I swear some of those tales have a grain of truth in them. Somewhere. But I can never figure where, exactly."

He tried to lean on the bar. Found it didn't work. Pulled up a stool instead.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Stocks and conspiracy theories. It wasn't that Twist wasn't interested in them. Ok, she wasn't in the first. The second meh. But dancing. Dancing was in her blood.

As far as the song that Jacque put on, she didn't care. It had a beat and rythym and that was all she needed.

Grinning, she slipped from the stool and toward the dance space, waiting only long enough for company before starting.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-17 07:47:26 Twist rolls 10 to Dance (Dex+Exp+SL) (10 Again) 6, 6, 7, 4, 1, 10, 5, 1, 6, 4, 7 1 success

It took a second, she had never danced with these people before and she was trying to be inclusive. But she found space and the right steps and dance she did.

Sorry Yumyumcrow - I posted so close that I didn't see Anatole's response, wasn't trying to ignore him :(

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread