Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Stir-Crazy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hint of a smirk, “No one throws money around like drunk college students with mommy and daddy’s credit card.” She’d seen some at her shows. It was sad really, they tried too hard.

The hand was accepted, “The pleasures all mine.” Though she was curious as to what brought all the attractive people to the place.

“A solid plan. I’ve been to some nice clubs, lines out the door, the whole nine yards. But their drink selection and bartender? Horrible. Nothing kills an evening like poor selection and someone who doesn’t know how to mix drinks.” Though tonight she had beer. Can’t go wrong there, and the selection hadn’t been too bad.

“Ants huh? An interesting analogy, but it certainly works.” See drunk college students. Especially guys.

“And if it isn’t fun, then it’s more than likely a problem. Any potential clients so far?”
    clients called her, she didn’t go looking for them. So it was an weird concept for her.

“Hi Alex,” and a shake of her head, “feel free.” Seemed nice enough so far.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A slight shake of her head, no she didn't mind either. "Likewise Alex," she said with a smile, his 'name' rolling off her tongue with ease. [color]"Myah,"[/color] she added touching a hand to her chest and then grinning, "Just in case you didn't catch that with your eavesdropping.

"See, drinks. Drinks are very important."

Tilting her head to the side, she looked intrigued, "And what type of client is it that you look for? If we can ask that is."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"It's a pleasure Myah, Madison," he nodded to the women in kind and raised his drink in their direction before lifting it to his lips, "Very important."

To the question he offered a coy grin, "Well the young and dumb, for the most part. These kids get too much liquor in them and every once in a while do something stupid. Cops get called and they get my card." He produces a business card that provides his full name and contact information, 'Alexander Krait, Attorney-at-Law' and slides it towards the women.

"A pretty easy way to earn a few retainers at least," He shrugged, "...especially as you pointed out, Mommy and Daddy usually end up footing the bill. Worst case scenario I just get to have a drink or two and converse with a few who don't fall into my target demographic." Dumb, mostly, but Alex didn't vocalize the distinction.

Blood Hunt:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Drinking her beer, she nods, “Extremely important. Though I haven’t seen the selection I usually like here, but the beer selection was ok.” Can’t always have mixed drinks.

Seemed Myah was as curious as she was, as attention shifts to Alex.

Accepting the card, she turns it over in her fingers, reading it. Ah, a lawyer. Not what she would have guessed. “I’ve seen a few of those nights, always fun to find a seat and watch the events unfold. The things drunk people will do always blows my mind. But, makes for good entertainment if the night is dull.” At least to her. But she does keep it to herself that most of the drunk ones were colleges guys. Egging each other one. “So you specialize in young dumb and drunk kids?” she asks with a smirk, “Because this is probably a good town for it.” Truth was truth.

“So we know what brought you out,” looking at him, then looking to Myah, “How about you?”

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small chuckle, "Such as now." Even if he hadn't known her, she doubted that she fell into the appearance category of "young and dumb".

Leaning over, she read the card Madison held. Somehow she wasn't surprised that he was a lawyer. "Hopefully you are not offended when I say that I will try to avoid calling on you," she said with a smile.

Straightening, she grinned, "Me? Oh I am always looking for new places to dance. About half the time, bars actually have decent spaces set aside for such. Of course, it often also depends on the people." If you got a good crowd, a dancing space would be made no matter the set up of the bar. But other times, you could have a lovely space that was avoided like the plague.

"Do either of you dance?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole, in the last frenzied rush before the money runs out.

Housing and bills sorted. Not much left over - but enough for a quiet drink or two. Enough to forget the Lost, his Durance, and even his poor circumstances.

So Anatole spies the bar and throwing caution to the wind, he enters: a small, heavily built man, in a suit that does not quite fit right. Big fingered hands. Explosive curled beard. Narrow eyes that hint at a perpetual scowl. Of course, right now, they are focussed on the bar and scanning the offered drinks beyond.

There are other people at the bar.

Anatole appears, tilts his head to eye them over. Gives a general nod of acknowledgement, then looks back at the counter and the bar staff, waiting for service.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Perhaps it was her history that had her noticing the subtle shift in the crowds as he walked in.

Or perhaps it was her nature as a Daeva that had her sensing the once over.

But either way, dark eyes flicker toward Anatole as he steps up to the bar next to their small group. With the nod of greeting acknowledgment she gives an impulsive grin toward the old man and lifts her still full glass toward him in a silent toast.

Toward what, she didn't know. But the mood struck her and she could appreciate the impact of his beard. Even if his suit made her internally cringe.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A lighthearted chuckle emits from Alex as Madison outlined his specialties, "Business is certainly good around here."

"Not at all," he offered as a smirk formed across his lips, "There are worse ways of rejecting my services." At the second question, he considers carefully for a moment, "Are you asking if I dance or if I'm good at dancing?" The devil is in the details.

He follows the Daeva's attention over to the new guest- someone else not in his target demographic and by the looks of his suit not someone who he'd get a retainer from even if he was. Alex nodded in kind, adding a simple "How ya doing?" to the gesture. A safe bet for now.

Blood Hunt:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “Same here. I try and avoid getting into messes that would require me to dump a huge amount of money on a lawyer. Still, never hurts to have a business card in case.” A shrug of her bare shoulder. The card, after Myah read it, was tucked into a pocket. Yeah, the skirt had pockets, it was great.

“Ah, dancing.”
    With her delicate features, the Shaman could see her dancing. “Any particular kind of dance?” there were too many to keep track of.

Taking another drink of her beer, “Eh, kinda? I’m not amazing at it or anything, but I don’t look like an idiot doing it either.” Dancing was like performing, just a different art.

What stood out about the shorter man wasn’t his height, but his beard. Wasn’t something she saw every day. Nothing wrong with it, he wore it well, it was just different. So the blonde nods with a smile.

“If it wasn’t, I would wonder what they were adding or taking out of the drinks.”
    Jokes the Shaman with a smirk.

Then Alex seemed to ask the right question about dancing. "Well, get enough drinks in someone and they think they're good at dancing." it was a downfall to drinking at clubs, there was always people who thought they owned the dance floor. Drunk. It was sad and scary at times.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Well enough, I thank you," Anatole responded to Jacque

His attention was drawn away as the staff pour his drink.

Anatole makes a happy sigh sound as he clasps the glass, lifts it, and inhales the whisky aroma.

"Glad this place knows its stuff..." He said, before he had the sudden realisation that he wasn't entirely alone.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread