Ended
Watch

Tales from the Pizza Parlor

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Allen Brackett

Allen listens to Sonja's story, not once breaking his gaze away from her, as if the werewolf ponders something intensely. He shakes his head when she finishes, claiming it wasn't interesting "I wouldn't say it wasn't interesting. Certainly not as... detailed as Mary's here, but I for one wonder just who - or what - that trucker migh have been. I guess it will stay with me for a while, so in that sense you've left an impression. Congratulations" Could this have been a ghost encounter? Maybe. Restless dead sometimes influence Uratha territory. This one, fortunately, happened far away from Allen's current turf.

Encouraged by Madison's words, the Storm Lord answers "I tend to stick to the World Wars with my collections, especially when I'm short on hobby cash, which is often. Sadly, a tutor's earnings don't allow a proper display room, which is just one more reason to find something more... profitable" A werewolf shrink, how worthy of an airport novel is that?

He makes a sound of disagreement with Mary's claim that delayed payback is boring. On the contary, it is anything but "Does it, though? If a rifle is placed on the stage, it will eventually go off. It can be really gut-wrenching to wonder just when it will happen" And don't most stories conceal simplicity of plot with skillfully crafted atmosphere?

He scoffs at the Mediterranean's ghost-related puns, amused "So, I believe with Sonja's, Mary's and my own contribution you owe us a story of your own?" The man's eyes rest on Madison, his face decorated with a slight smile of encouragement.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I mean, either it was a ghost truck, or Optimus Prime. Still not sure which is more likely." Sonnie pondered if shape-changing alien robots were more plausible than undead spirits, but couldn't reach a conclusion. She'd never actually encountered either, as far as she knew.

She shrugged at Circe, "I dunno. When I asked what he was hauling, he ignored the question. I guess he wanted no truck with my curiosity."

Serenely eating her pizza, she watched the others discuss the legality of weapons. "Nunchaku are prohibited in California," she added in, "That makes me sad."

"Anyway, yes, I think it's Madison's turn again!"
    She grinned before drinking some more soda.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow quirked, “Revenge is ice cream?” she then appears to think about it, “Ok,” a nod, “I can get behind that. Count me in!” who didn’t like ice cream?!

Laughing, “But then I’d have to find myself in the perfect situation to use that joke! And pick out the right sword for it. I can think of three that might work.” Another thoughtful look. “Eh, maybe only two.” Then a nod, she seemed happy with that answer. “Really? You need a license for a flamethrower? How the hell does someone apply for that?” inquiring minds and all.

Glancing to Allen, “Maybe some stories don’t need too many details. I’ve always tried to leave a few out, that way my audience can use their imagination. And that’s usually better than the details I’ve left out. Helps pull the audience in.” she’s had years of experience with that.

“History was something I wasn’t very good with, but it sounds interesting. Aided by how passionate you sound about it. Maybe you could offer classes in painting? Seems like it’d be a hobby where others would benefit from classes.” Then a thought, “Or, in the meantime.” She begins, “It’s easy to create the illusion of a larger space with the right furniture and color scheme. Making the most out of a small space can be quite an adventure. Could help with your display problem until you find something else. I personally have rented warehouse space I use for practice. The whole no landlord likes it when people start playing with fire thing.” Made them nervous.

“Or a ghost Optimus Prime!” she added. What? It could be a thing!

Taking another sip, “Ok. Lets see, I have way too many. More than I should. But lets try a fun one. When I was younger, I wanted to get the attention of this really cute guy at a Ren Faire, and decided to use a fire trick. Well, the problem was I’d been drinking a bit, and well, drinking and fire don’t go well together.” Obviously, “Anyways, I was trying to look all amazing playing with fire on my hands and body, putting torch out in my mouth. Easy stuff.” Ok, for her it was. “And in my slightly buzzed state and not really paying attention I kinda sorta lit my costume on fire.” Her cheeks flushed slightly, “Not my crowning moment, and I wasn’t allowed back at the Faire. Plus my parents were super pissed.”

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmmm," Circe does hear the talk about models and stuff which got her crafty side thinking, "A little fog machine. Oh, just thinking aloud," she looks at Allen, "If ya did like a diorama of the first World War a little fog machine could simulate the poison gas, ha ha."

Circe does nod when he speaks of delayed revenge, "Well ta each his own palette of payback. That you enjoy it is the important thing," because a Summer should not condemn Wrath. Then points to Madison, "Yes, savor yer cold sweet revenge just like Maddy here."

Circe looks to Sonja then raises her left hand palm up, "Okay on the one hand ghosts are common. On the other" right palm up "Megatron would also real but Optimus is awesome!" her right hand gives thumbs up as she laughs. More laughter as the Beast pouts about a cartoon turtle's weapon being illegal.

Circe shakes her head in the negative at Madison. Not for the swords but the other part, "No no no. Ya do NOT need a license fer one except in California. Not even federal. I don't know the laws fer gettin' one here because I don't get paid enough ta work legal systems fer resold props," she really didn't with that line of funding. Or any profit really.

Then Madison started her story. It was hot. Not young lust or antics but literally. And Madison do what to herself?! "Yowch," she winced at the incendiary ending, "That had ta hurt. But clearly ya have recovered, and I'm guessing ya invested in fireproof clothing since then, right?"

Circe finishes her slice. She looks over to Allen, "Yer turn now? Be back in a minute, need more protean." Circe is quick to go an retrieve another pizza slice. More chicken brocolli, were they out of meat lovers?
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Allen Brackett

He smirks at Sonja's trucking pun. Seems both she and Mary enjoyed their wordplay. Then shrugs as Madison suggests ways to make a small space seem larger "The sorcery of interior decoorating is not something I have affinity with. I'm willing to take suggestions, though" Always assume the person in front of you knows something you don't. This piece of advice from a self-help book proved quite accurate, actually.

The Storm Lord chuckles, picturing the blonde contortionist in her flaming costume, only too late realizing her mistake "Talk about lighting up the mood" He says, trying his hand in the pun game the others seem to have going "I'd be interested if there was a second chapter to this story, though. Did you manage to attract the attention of the man in question?" At least if she did, she'd have gotten some immediate reward in addition to a life lesson.

Allen casts Mary an inquisitive look when she talks about ghosts being common. Was the woman just jesting, or did she actually believe in the ephemeral? "Common? I've heard it said that every older house and castle in England has its own ghost. We are, however, not in England. One'd have thought Caspers would be a rarer sight" Although with the lack of Uratha oversight, maybe some forces prompted more ghosts to appear, alongside the surge in spirit activity on the wrong side of the Gauntlet?

All this talk of spectres, as well as Sonja's earlier story about the vanishing trucker, makes him think back to a somewhat similar episode from his own past, so it doesn't take him long to come up with a tale after he is prompted to do so.

"So, in my hometown, in a completely normal neighborhood there was a house for sale once, not far away from my house. It was for sale for quite a lot of time actually, and it was completely empty. There weren't any curtains or anything so you could see inside that the house is literally completely empty, no furniture, just white walls, empty rooms" He describes.

"Anyway, here's where it gets creepy. I walked by this house every night at around 10 PM when going home, and I always looked through the windows to see if someone moved in but it was always empty and dark. One night however...there was this one night when I walked by the house and it had lights on, there was furniture, and there were a bunch of old people sitting around a round table talking and smoking cigarettes. Okay, I didn't find it creepy at all, I just thought to myself: hey, they must have finally sold the house and I haven't noticed it in a few days...they moved in very quickly. But...the next day I walked by the house again when it was daylight and it was as empty as it was before, with the "for sale" sign still there. I was really weirded out for a bit" He was, and the fact that all these years of occult studies failed to give him insight into that night was purely frustrating.

"Before you ask, yes I do believe in ghosts. That's a discussion for another time, though, as we've come full circle - back to you, Mary" He hands her an imaginary microphone, awaiting a story that is sure to be at least as crazy as her previous one. The Mediterranean seems to lead an interesting life, or more likely - has a fantastic imagination.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

She listened attentively to Madison's story of youthful and accident-prone romance (or it's attempt, at least), gasping and laughing at the punchline, "That story was so hot! It burns me that you got into trouble. Anyway, did you at least get the cute guy's number? Did it lead to a fiery romance?" Sonne sighed, "Now suddenly barbeque sounds good."

Sonnie applauded Allen's own fire-related pun before listening to his story. When he finished, she smiled and and considered the tale. "Hmmm... maybe they were a bunch of old real estate agents, just discussing how to sell the creepy house?" She sipped some more cola and turned to look at Mary.

"Yeah, now it's your turn, Mary Mary Quite Contrary. What do you got for us this time?" She grinned at the Fairest.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Feng shui is the proper term fer it Allen," the gun runner clarifies as she returns with more green and white pizza. Circe could think of some mundane reasons for what Allen had seen, more so if it'd been teens then old people, but still creepy. Doesn't stop her from eating, and thinking. She laughs at Sonja, "Well if I'm contrary, my story should be nary, oh ho ho ho ho!"

She stalls. By joking, "Good thing ya didn't go inta the house Allen, I think that is how some horror movies start."

Circe has a tale of her old motley come to mind. A time when she and Eris saved Artemis with not fist but kiss. "Well I have a story about friendship! Some old friends I had, boy and girl, we were our own little motley crew of trouble. Well, me and the Kalisi wannabe were a nasty pair, the boy was pretty much a cuddle sweetheart. Aaaanyway, we were meeting up at a bar and our boy? He got there way ahead of us. He ain't a big fella so when me and my girl get there? We see two," she throws her chest forward and rises her shoulders up to imitate an angry gorilla as he voice deepens, "Big mocho men," then goes back to normal, "Given him shit. Now our first inclination? Grab their beers and smash face." She nods in approval as she says this. Then holds up her free hand with a finger up, "But I got inspired! I grab my girl when I hear the shit they're talking about. Women like muscle men and he too tiny to ever get a girl, blah blah, code words fer steroids made my dick shrink."

Circe laughs, "Oh ho ho ho, did I ever get an idea. While she is asking me why I stopped her I pull her aside and tell her my plan." There is a massive smile on her face which turns to a frown, "She wasn't exactly fer it but I convinced her. Anyway we make our way over with me shouting Hey hot stuff," the tone turns to seductive for the last part. "And of course the lugs think we mean them. Oh ho ho ho ho!" She pauses to take a bite of pizza to stifle her laughter. Then washes it down, "They swagger over using horrid pick up lines, something about angels and demons, just baaaaaaaad. And us?" She puffs up her chest, "Walk right past them ta our boy. And each kiss him on a cheek. My girl tells him Last night was amazing as ever. Are you ready to pull another all nighter with us?" Circe laughs, "And I play along with the line, Sitting in a tub of ice ta get ready again was totally worth it Mr Tripod. Oh ho ho ho ho!" The Summer is pounding her fist against the table, "The look on those bastards' faces were priceless! Oh ho ho ho ho!"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

With a laugh, “Now I want ice cream.” She continues to laugh as she shakes her head.

Shaking her head, “Not too bad. The costumes I wear have some level of flame retardant in them. So while I didn’t really hurt myself, my pride was pretty bruised.” Yeah, that had hurt. “Though I did start to wear more form fitting costumes after that.” Less fabric that way.

Shrugging, “I can give you some. I’d need the dimensions of the room, and how many figures and whatnot you were looking to display. But I warn you, I’m not an interior design expert, I’m just good at making the most of a space.”

There was a snort as she laughed, “One way of putting it.” She jokes. Then a frown and shake of her head, “Nope. Though he seemed really amused by it, once it was clear I wasn’t really injured of course. But there was no date or flirting to be had that day. I’ve sense worked on my game and have a higher success rate now.” Sometimes, when she cared enough.

Ghosts were a rare sight. Unless you could peek into the Spirit realm, then they became a bit more common. Though there were unfriendly ones, and those were a headache to deal with. “Not sure if they’re common or not. I’ve never seen one myself, but there are a lot of unexplained stories out there. Which leads me to think that there could be ghosts. Though I’d have to see one to confirm.” Of course.

After listening to the story, “Huh.” She says, “Not sure what to make of that.” It was interesting. But was it true?

“Nope, no number and no fiery romance.” A helpless shrug, “Can’t impress them all.”

As Mary tells another story, Aurora couldn’t help but laugh, “Oh, that’s great!”

A
    Allen Brackett

Allen looks at Sonja with an expression of mock dread before answering "Between ghosts and real estate agents, I overwhelmingly prefer the former. At least ghosts have some mystery to them, whereas realtors can only haunt you with overpriced land" He turns to Mary "And I would never enter that house without significant backup and a proton pack. I'm genre savvy like that" He smiles confidently and listens to the story Mary is spinning.

An eyebrow quirks up at Madison "That's really specific, although I should have probably expected that. I cannot give you the exact numbers, unfortunately - seems like I will be battling with space myself" In that moment he kind of envied those werewolves who chose to live outside of human commuunities. At least they didn't have to bother with making their lairs presentable.

"Mr. Tripod. Oh god" He says quietly, his face like mask of stone, his tone somewhere between embarassment and amusement "I just want you to know that you are a terrible person for putting that image in my mind, and I think I'll need to forget it with lots of strong black tea. With vodka. But minus the actual tea" The moniker took him by surprise, but there was no denying Mary's story - whether true or made up - was some brilliant devilry and cunning right there.

Just to take his mind off of the image, he thinks ahead to what Sonja might have in store for them and looks at her expectantly.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shrugs, "Well I rate rarity by stories told. Ya hear a lot more people tell about ghosts then ya do about aliens, uh, shape shifting alien robots," the Fairest sighs as she shakes her head, "Yeah. Way too many stories about aliens with anal fetishes." She rolls her eyes to express her opinion about that as she eats more pizza.

"Skin tight is a good way ta attract attention Maddy," waggles her eyebrows at Madison. "But look on the bright side, ya did get him ta notice ya. Technical success," thumbs up.

Allen's talk of houses got her to laugh, "Fer fighting off the real estate agents or the ghosts? Cause fer the former you would be a wee bit under armed. Wait," she eats more pizza, "Would that backup include bear cavalry?"

"Yes it was grand, oh ho ho ho ho!" She then looks to Allen who is processing some things, "Yes I am, every centimeter. But vodka?" Circe shakes her head as she gives the poor mortal a look of sympathy, "Hot tea is best with honey, ginger, lemon, a little brandy or a lot if ya wish ta forget, oh ho ho ho!"

Circe also looks to Sonja, curious as to what story would come next from the friendly acrobat.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.