Ended
Watch

Music and Drinks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    A
    Allen Brackett

Allen looks at the picture on Madison's phone and winces "My back hurts just looking at this thing" Imagine a werewolf in Gauru fit in a container like that. Several hundred pounds of Jack in a Box from hell.

He listens attentively to Sonja's story, grinning and snickering at the described woman's foolishness "I guess the moral of your tale is that you should always do your research before rushing into action" Something most shapeshifters have trouble grasping. Good thing Allen is there to lend a hand.

It is, indeed, his turn to tell a story, and Allen ishappy to oblige after taking a heavy sip of his beer. Almost time for another one.

"I used to deliver pizzas for a company which shall not be named, back when I was a student. There was one neighborhood we delivered to that was, to put it bluntly, a crime-riddled black hole. Basically a suburban project went terribly wrong" As they too often do. It was years before Allen's First Change, the spirits infestations must have been crazy there.

"Anyway, one day, I had a delivery to take to a house in this neighborhood and I wasn't happy about it. So I'm driving over there grumbling and when I see the street in the distance, I notice two police cars parked on the sidewalk just in front of the street. When I got closer, I saw that they weren't parked on the sidewalk, they were blocking off the street. As I drove up to the police car barricade, I saw five or six more police cars, at least forty patrol officers and a SWAT van all in the area. I parked behind one of the barricade police cars and walked up to the sidewalk with my order. A patrol officer saw me, work attire and delivery in hand, and approached me.

So I tell him that I have a delivery to make, give him the address, and the cop smirks, being all like 'It wouldn't happen to be apartment 1, would it?'. I say yes, and at this point, everyone at the blockade is murmuring something like 'The guy ordered pizza? Are you fucking serious?'. It turned out the apartment got raided minutes before I got there, and they pulled some kind of tough-as-nails gang boss out of it. I saw the news vans on my way back" Fortunate timing, being spared the lights of cameras.

"My brain was so blanked from the surprise that all I was thinking about was that I drove all this way and didn't even get a tip"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Geez," she says, looking at Madison's phone picture, "I thought I was agile, but I've got nothing on you!" Smiling, Sonnie pondered the entire concept of contortionism. "I wonder how that all started. Like, one day someone said 'I bet you I can fit in that box!' and there other guy said 'You're on!' and then it became a thing people would pay money to see!"

"I probably should have busted her nose, but getting violent wasn't going to help me." She shrugged to Madison and took a drink, "She was gone before I could have done anything to her car, anyway." She grinned at Allen and nodded, "I think there's a lesson about entitlement, too."

The changeling listened to the werewolf's story with a bemused expression, and she laughed at the end of it. "That's too bad! I bet a mob boss would tip really well!"

She looked into her half-empty glass, "Damn, now I want pizza."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman laughs, “Another reason I retired, it’s beginning to take a toll on me.” She might be bendy, but just like everyone, as she got older, it got painful. “Not as young as I used to be.” She jokes with a wink.

Sipping her drink, she listens to Allen’s story. “Crime-riddled black hole? Is that the technical name for it?” though she knew the type of neighborhood he was talking about.

Blue eyes widen as the story continues. “Oh wow! Seriously?!” sounded a bit far-fetched, but, it was still a fun story. “But you should have at least got a tip.”

Shrugging, “There is agile, and then there’s what I do. I’m just really bendy and flexible, I’m sure there are things you can do that I can’t.” what her body could do was different. “Hmm, not sure. But that sounds reasonable enough to me. Never doubt the trouble that goes down when multiple contortionists get together. Always a contest to see who is more flexible.” Without fail.

“Yeah, I suppose you’re right. But people like her could stand to learn from getting their noses busted. I know I wouldn’t have felt bad for her.” Not one bit. Hell, she might have even messed with her in other ways. She might not have curses anymore, but she can still fuck with people.

“I would hope so!”
    glancing at Sonja, “Pizza actually does sound good now that you mention it.”

A
    Allen Brackett

"On the other hand" Allen responds to Sonja "If I made that delivery, the neighbors saw me and told the cops I was there, I could get marked as a person of interest" Which wasn't worth the trouble, even before the Change "All things considered, I don't mourn this unrealized tip that much" A drink to ditching short-term gain in favor of long-term peace.

Moments pass.

"No" He answers Madison's question, as if not noticing it was mostly rhetorical "It's 'high-risk communities'. Apparently, 'crime' is a dirty word no one wants to use, unless there is some kind of personal gain in it for them" The belief that if you don't name something you will it out of existence was a bit naive, but not entirely unfounded. And the pervasive beaurocracy, custom and pretense gave Allen plenty of hunting ground to prowl.

It seems his story had the desired awe-inducing effect. And, like most words that left Allen's mouth, it was completely true. It's not if you lie well, it's about using the truth to your advantage Although, somewhat unexpectedly, the topic changes to food.

"Pizza" He muses thoughtfully "The way I see it, we can do one of two things: either we go haunt some late-night pizza place - there should be one nearby... - or we stay here a bit longer and continue sharing stories. I believe there was a mention of embarassing ones? If you feel like sharing yours, I can certainly think of a few of mine" Everyone has them. And letting them out in a non-judgmental environment means they lose power over you.

"Just my two cents" Allen is quick to add "I'm open to suggestions"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The talk of crime and high-risk communities didn't sound like subjects she was interested in pursuing. Boring, or unpleasant, perhaps. Either way, Sonnie only wanted to be amused tonight, and maybe fed. Yes, fed. Fed was good.

She knocked back her glass, draining the last of her second rum and coke, then set it down upon the bar and looked to the mage and werewolf. She set her hands on her hips and smiled. "Well! I don't know about you two, but I could use some food to soak up the booze in my stomach! If there's a pizza joint nearby, I say we go devour a pie or two! What do you say?"

Sonnie grinned at Allen, "No reason we can't eat pizza and keep sharing stories!"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“And being a person of interest just has a way of making your life all kinds of complicated. Or, at least, that’s how it looks on tv.” She’d never been one herself, always being gone before the cops arrived. “And even though there wasn’t a tip, it did give you a great story to share at a bar with random people! Good stories always make it easier to meet people and break the ice.” He had mentioned being new after all.

It was hard to not roll her eyes, but she chuckles, “It was a joke. Though maybe it wasn’t my best.” A shrug. Wouldn’t be her last bad joke.

Looking around, then at her drink, which was almost gone, “That’s a tough one, both have benefits.” She could use a few more drinks. Well, ok, she shouldn’t. But did it matter when you could Life away the alcohol in your system?

“Seems Sonja has come up with a good solution. Get pizza and share more stories!”
    finishing the rest of her drink as well, “Sounds like a great plan to me!”

A
    Allen Brackett

He smirks at Madison "That's true. I didn't get dollars, but stories and knowledge are currency in their own right" To be honest, anything can be used for barter. Stories, coins, seashells - it's all about perception oif value.

Well, who is he to argue with two beautiful ladies?

"Let's go, then. I'm more than happy to combine calories and contes with you" Well, that's a lot of 'c's for one sentence.

I don't know how we want to resolve it, though. We can tie it off here. We could continue this scene in a new location, although it might conflict with what a WoD scene is. We could also open a new Shard, with the possibility of new people joining, and both this and the next scene would enter continuity on the same day?

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie made sure she had all her things, and was ready to go. "Onward, to pizza and..."

She paused to give Allen a quizzical look, "Contes?"

I'm good with closing it up here. If you really want to start a new shard, that would also be fine.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The corners of her mouth twitched up into a smile, “Exactly!” as someone who spent most of her life on the road, she knew the power of a good story.

Paying her tab, “Calories should never be counted, only consumed.”

Shrugging, “No clue.” Nope. “Onward! To pizza and stories!”

I'm good either way. Opening a new scene has the potential for others to join, which would be great! So I'll go with whatever you guys want

A
    Allen Brackett

"Contes" He confirms "Apparently, it's a fancy French word for 'story'. Somehow it's wormed its way into the English language" The last drops of Allen's beer disappear "Seems my pretentious days are not exactly over" Allen says with a smirk in a theatrical whisper, barely audible to the two women over the music and talks around them.

And with that, making sure all his debts are paid, he leaves the club for the pizza parlor nearby, hopefully with Madison and Sonja in tow.

I have taken the liberty of opening a new Scene, which can be found HERE

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread