Ended
Watch

Music and Drinks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    A
    Allen Brackett

"It makes sense that adopted animals are happier. You're literally the difference between the miserable squalor of a shelter and what seems like heaven. To put it in perspective, if someone held any of us in a wardrobe for half our lives, any alternative would seem ideal" He says to Madison "Sorry. I sometimes get random thoughts like that and they kind of spill out" He is not really apologetic, but it's polite to explain himself, make it obvious the others don't need to respond if they don't want to.

"I like political history. Goverments, elites, popular movements, ideas, all that stuff. Without any period or geographical constraints. It helps me see things more... broadly. For the interconnected system they are" If you get too close to something, you end up seeing it only in parts. A certain perspective is needed to analyze it fully "It might have something to do with my fixation on contemporary affairs. I subscribe to stacks of newspapers and get glued to my TV during election years" Human politics are fascinating. Like watching piranhas through a glass that is about to break "But politics is the one thing I have the good sense not to bring up in casual conversation like this" He laughs softly. That would just turn things really ugly, fast. Even if Madison and Sonja don't have strong opinions, politi-talk tends to get rejected outside of twon halls and rallies. Then again, if either of them wants to discuss the merits and flaws of single-payer healthcare later...

He looks to Sonja again.

"The name 'karate' comes from 'hand', right? And 'kung fu' is basically 'practiced skill'?" He asks, curious, but hasn't gotten to the core of the issue yet "Sadly, I'm not bilingual. It's an education flaw I hope to eventually repair. Anyway, what does 'jeet kune do' mean?" Allen speaks the name slowly, wary not to mispronounce it.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s really neat, I didn’t know that. And he invented his own style? Wow.” The things you learn in a bar. “Almost anything is more exciting then the gym.” She jokes with a laugh.

“Then you need to give me your business card so I can totally have presents delivered to friends.” That would be great.

Smirking to Sonnie, “Now Sonja, I can’t give away the secrets. It’s something that took me years, about seven to be exact, to master. If I tell you, then you might try it and hurt yourself, and I’d be in trouble.” And they couldn’t have that. “Though I have injured myself before.” Almost killed herself. Nodding, “Not sure if I’d say it was amazing, but, I always have fun and weird stories to share. Most make great conversation starters.” It was the only life she knew for a long time.

“No need to be sorry, random is good! I enjoy random. But you make some good points.” Not that she going to rush out and get a dog. She wasn’t a pet person.

Urgh, politics. “Not a lot of people enjoy politics. It’s a tough field to navigate without offending someone along the way.” Not something she wanted to get back into herself. “Wait, newspapers? Do they still make those?” she would have figured they’d not be a thing anymore. Laughing, “Thank you for that. I say politics is one of those things best left out of drinking and clubbing.” If not, then she’d have to find new people to talk to.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Mm, yeah. Politics just tends to make people angry or anxious, especially these days. I try to stay on more positive subjects," she smiled with a brief nod. "Yeah, they still make newspapers. I used them to housebreak my dog. They're also good for wrapping stuff when you move."

"Yeah, I think so. I don't study karate, so don't quote me on that. I do know it originated under the influence of kung fu in Okinawa." Sonnie shrugged and took a drink, "Jeet Kune Do means the way of the intercepting fist. It's all about countering attacks before they land, and making your attacker regret trying."

She smiled again and clapped her hands together, "Oh, I love hearing weird stories! Regale us, Madison!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod to Sonja, “I’ll drink to that, staying on more positive subjects!” and raises her glass to the girl. “Guess I didn’t realize cause I’ve never really had to wrap things when I’ve moved. But good to know. Could probably use them to protect the floor when painting.” Save money on tarps, use newspaper!

“Intercepting fists?” huh? “Kind of got me a little curious about that. Is it something that can be learned?” probably not by her, but it sounded interesting.

Laughing, “What type of stories were you looking for? Funny ones? Embarrassing ones? Getting away from the cops?”

A
    Allen Brackett

"It probably shows my conservatism that I still use newspapers mostly for reading. Fits my armchair general vibe nicely" He says, smiling. Although he was not opposed to other uses of old papers. Waste not, want not.

"I'd also be interested in learning how to make a fist more... intercepting. I have taken some self-defence classes some time ago, but I'm not much for violence so wearing my opponent down sounds right up my alley" Let the Rahu deal with the offense, he was much more interested in survival.

"...and who says there only needs to be one story? The night is still young, and I'm sure both me and Sonja have plenty of our own, so you don't think the trade is unfair" He offers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Do you smoke a pipe while reading the newspaper? Wear one of those smoking jackets?" She grinned teasingly, amused by the image in her head.

Sonnie looked at both Allen and Madison and nodded, "Sure, there's Jeet Kune Do schools all over the world. There's a place in Elk Grove. They teach a bunch of martial arts styles, including JKD." She sipped her drink, "I'm mainly focused on Wing Chun style Kung Fu, myself." There was also Monkey style, but she didn't mention that.

"How about a funny one, to start?" She giggled to the Mage, "I might think of a story or two, myself. I've gotten around in my time. We'll see! But first, I need a refill!" She turned to get her drink freshened by the bartender.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“You don’t strike me as the conservative type. And nothing wrong with that, it reminds me of a simpler time, when people had their heads in newspapers and not cells.” Though she does like her Nook, it made traveling and moving easier.

“I always try and avoid trouble, and if I can’t, I hope my sparkling personality buys me enough time to run.” She jokes. But in a way, it was true.

“Oh? You have stories as well?”
    color her curious, “Since you put it like that, I could share a few. But I’ll start with tame ones.” Test the waters so to speak.

Laughing, “Those smoking jackets look comfortable!” and soft.

As Sonnie turns to get her drink refilled, Aurora motions to the bartender to put it on her tab. It was rude to buy a drink for one and not the other.

“A funny one? Ok, hmm,” she sips her drink and tries to think of a good one, “not sure if it qualifies as funny or not. But my parents learned of my bendy skills while I was in school. I used to hide all the time from the teachers. In cabinets, drawers, places where a person shouldn’t be able to fit. I found it fun, and the classmates found it hilarious because they’d all be laughing. Teachers didn’t find it funny at all, and neither did my parents. But, they took it as a chance to send me to a special school in Montreal and encourage my abilities. And yes, there is a circus school in Montreal. Also turns out that dislocating your arm to freak out a teacher is not as humorous as you think it is.” An eye roll.

“Ok, your turn Sonja.”

8. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    A
    Allen Brackett

"I don't smoke. It robs me of certain social opportunities, but I like to think I'm healthier for it. I do, however, enjoy a glass of port. It's something not to be wasted on mindless indulgence, and I guess the heavy ritual... speaks to me. In a way. But I have long since learned that I'm a dying breed, and accepted it. No point in whipping the sea" Honor is, indeed, a rare virtue among the Herd and Uratha, mostly because it's so limiting. Neither humans nor shapeshifters easily accept the word 'no'

"Everyone has stories. It's just that not everyone can recognize them" There's wonder around every corner. Granted, a lot of it is spirit-related, and humans not seeing it is good for everyone.

"Hid in a drawer, hm?" Allen asks, sipping his drink "This sounds so impossible, I have no doubt it's true. It seems there's no limit to human body and mind when we want it" This is not necessarily a good thing.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"That's some impressive compression, Madison!" The changeling laughed, having enjoyed the story. "Sounds like a useful skill!"

"My turn already?"
    Fresh drink in hand, Sonnie turned back to her companions for the evening. She took a sip as she sorted through her memories. "Let's see... what's a good one?" Sadly, many of her stories these days involved stuff she couldn't discuss with normies. Thankfully, she recalled a suitable tale.

"Okay, so I was in a grocery store in... I think Reno? I forget exactly. Probably Reno. Anyway, I was there doing a little shopping, and this total Karen shows up in the same aisle. The hairdo, the clothes, all just spot on. She looks around, then marches up to me and starts demanding I assist her. Not asking, demanding, that I help her find something. I didn't know that store, so I had no idea where to find what she wanted. I apologized and told her as much.

"So, she gets angry and tells me I'm terrible at my job and that I better help her, or she's going to tell my manager! That's when I realize, she thinks I work there! I dunno why. I wasn't dressed like a store employee. So, I try to laugh it off, and told her I don't work here, lady. Then, I tried to leave.

"That's when she grabs my hair and pulls me back! She's screaming that I'm a liar and she'll have me fired! Oh, and she started throwing in some racial slurs for good measure. Obviously, I love this woman."
    She sighed and took a drink.

"So, I twist around and, to keep her from pulling out a chunk of my hair, I slap her arm away. That caused her to start screaming like I'd just broken both her arms! Trust me, it was nowhere near hard enough to actually hurt her. That's when the store manager and security show up.

"Karen starts demanding I be fired and arrested for assaulting her! She was feeding them all this bull about how she was minding her own business and I just started slapping her! Meanwhile, I got tears in my eyes from my stinging scalp. The nerve of this entitled woman was unbelievable!" Sonnie shook her head, and scratched a spot as if in some remembered pain.

"Thankfully, the CCTV cameras caught the truth. The psycho-bitch was removed and banned from the store, and I got a $100 gift certificate to the store. I spent it on deli food and candy, mostly." She smiled and shrugged, taking another drink. "Karma is lovely."

"So, who's next for story time? Allen?" Her amused eyes turn to the werewolf.

11. Bump Orianna "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Not to mention you don’t smell like smoke. Another positive of not smoking.” She points out. “I wouldn’t say a dying breed, I know someone you would probably get along well with.” But that would mean getting Campy out.

Nodding, “Yup. It does sound impossible, but I’m one of a few who can frontbend and backbend. Usually a contortionist is only able to specialize in one. As it uses the spine. What I do is referred to as Enterology, the practice of squeezing one’s body into small spaces. Suitcases, special boxes I’ve had built, those types of things. Here,” she takes out her phone and shows a picture of herself inside a clear box, one someone her height should not be able to fit into. “a fan took this a while ago. So drawers as a kid were super easy. And there are limits to what the human body can do, I’ve just trained for years and numerous hours.”

Smiling to Sonja, “Oh, its come in handy on more than one occasion. I’ve had to run for the cops a few times and being able to fit into tiny spaces has saved my ass.” In her younger days.

Listening to the story, her eyes widen slightly as the tale continues.

“Oh wow! No way! Seriously?!” a shake of her head, “Damn! She’s lucky you didn’t break her nose or something, which would have been justified in my opinion. What is wrong with people?!” her head shakes again as she sips her drink.

“And yes, karma is a beautiful thing. Especially when you get to see it in action. Glad they banned her, I would have flattened her tires.”

Pointing her drink at the guy, "Yup, your turn!"

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread