(Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Taking a generous sip, Mobius is pleased at the sweetness of the 'secret' drink. "Brain Freeze?" she asks, clarifying. "Don't worry, I've never had it." Perhaps just another side effect of her enchanted ways, though she had never experienced it as a child either.

Time Tested. She took a moment to revel to herself at the coincidence of the name, might be the perfect place for her. "I'll have to check it out, for sure." Another sip before handing the drink back. "It's pretty good, doesn't beat the classic though." she says, shaking her mocha in her other hand. She takes a moment to google the store on her Iphone.

Looking to Kaze, she considers his question, "Cost is one thing, I'm pretty cheap when it comes to the big stuff. I'll buy 100 books, or take-out and stuff." she laughs. "But either way, I'm used to the big city life now, public transport works pretty well. I didn't see you as the truck type though, Case. Seems like you'd be more at home on a motorcycle." She teases.

"You can't shop online for books!" she replies to Shodan, pretending to scold him. Though it wasn't just books she was looking to buy at the moment. "It's the same as tech, you wanna touch it, hold it, try it out."

2. Likes Ruach, West liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark raised an eyebrow at Kaze, "That sounds like a story worth hearing, in a more private setting sometime."

His next response is to Shodan who had a lot more to say evidently, "The Impossible is just things that haven't happened yet, wouldn't mind getting to that point so long as we avoid a 'Cyberpunk' situation where massive corporations still exist alongside that advancement."

Spark glanced over to Mobius, "While I understand the sentiment, E-readers and audible have made books a lot more accessible. You can have entire libraries in the palm of your hand. I mean I prefer a book you can hold too, but for a lot of people having a large collection of books just isn't feasible."

4. Likes Ruach, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's amazing to imagine anyone would need to study this over-sized chinchilla. So earnest and harmless, albeit with a light case of nerves that makes his eyes widen briefly when someone gestures too quickly or raises their voice as if he's waiting to have his books knocked out of his hands or lunch tray upended. This heart is clearly on the sleeve without guile or secrets.

"Convenient."

And there's surprise, of course. Like, did he not just hear him cite the where's where of bookstores? Local alert, yo. Of course the quirks haven't slowed either. Still watching? Watch those elegant fingers oh-so-carefully remove the straw and lid from the drink, as if the rule of Cooties were still in play and he didn't want his lips touching where Mobius' had.

"It's not the same as accessible. Convenient is the word you want,"
    he blinked at Spark. "People who listen to books or read them on tablets don't spend the same amount of time or thought on what they're reading. It's like an electric shaver and nice Merkur 34C. Sure, both are going to shave you..."

Is nine o'clock shadow here really talking about shaving?

"...But one is a process. A process and much better."

You Can Trust Star With Your Sister's Virginity
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-03 13:06:19 Star rolls 8 to the most harmless chinchilla (Manipulation + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 6, 8, 4, 8, 2, 10, 5, 7, 8 4 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Vincent, , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah, it was like that." Kaze agrees with Shodan without elaborating, though he visibly shudders at the memory.

"Oh, that's my girlfriend, she's the one with the motorcycle." Kaze chuckles. "A truck is perfect for me. If you have a truck, and let everyone know, then they tend to remember you when they are moving into their place or need help with something big. It's kind of an icebreaker, you know? 'I have a truck'." He smiles. "So, not that it's any of my business, but are you from somewhere in the country? I grew up in L.A., so I didn't really ever get much experience with nature except for parks and jogging trails."

Kaze nods to Spark, "Yeah, maybe around a bonfire some night; it's a good ghost story." He says soberly.

Kaze listens, interested without commenting on the opinions of paper versus digital and ordering online versus in person.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

"I can" He replies to Mobius' faux scolding "In fact, I do. Sue me" He shrugs with a smile. Itąs all in good fun, after all "I mean, two devices that are technically the same model have their kinks, background that affects performance. Two books? Essentially the same, if you disregard the odd coffee stain or two" Which, in his view, was incomparable to the very real impact even a slight change to how a machine 'ought' to work might have.

Shodan looks to Spark "You have to consider economies of scale. Sometimes it's easier to effect positive change with a bigger enterprise under you. But..." He pauses for a moment to sip his coffee-based beverage "Undersight is a thing. The governments and corporations of this world will do only as much good as you make them, and only as much evil as you allow them" Which is just as much Shodan's personal observation as a quote from the Wisdom of Libertines. At least these ones who are not drunk on Rothbardian capitalism.

The Prime Mover's study of this enigma of a man provides no results. Or rather, makes it apparent he is an oddball, but a harmless one. Normally, that'd mean Shodan will take less pointed interest in him, but the guy said somethind that doesn't sit quite right with the Libertine. Irritating, but harmless.

"Sounds like mythicisation. I don't see why anyone's reading attention would depend on the medium, unless you are either a Victorian-era nobleman who can't focus unless he smells paper or - on the other hand - an overstimulated teenager that refuses to pay attention to anything not on a screen" And most people? Most people are neither, somewhere in the middle. Gaussian distribution doesn't lie.

Minor edit. Star did get more successes on the social role than Shodan . This means that the Prime Mover can't read Star or make any assumptions about what he means. Shodan has no cause think anything further about what Star said or implied.
    Last edited by Yumyumcrow; Oct 6th, 2019 at 12:22 AM.  Reason for Edit: slight edit

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"And ritualization is the word you're looking for. The only thing being mythicized is your dismissal of fact -- or the suggestion that the means aren't causal to outcome."

He grinned and leaned forward, rolling the straw around long fingers.

"Are we going to have our very own 'Good Will Hunting' moment? How exciting. I'm excited. Because Don't Do That. Don't use big fancy words trying to sound smart. Don't throw around buzzword phrases to make yourself sound like an expert. And don't, don't, don't pick fights just to impress the girl. Sure, she's awfully pretty in the dispassionate damaged goods sort of way that would normally send my little heart a-flutter but I'm happily... spiritually entwined." Not married. Because the deal is the deal.

The straw disappeared by degrees; folded, rolled, and folded again until those marvelous digits had tucked one end in the other and formed a square. Rotate it, yo. That's a Diamond. Those blue green eyes were the deep murk of see waves under a grey sky, but laughing, knowing how hard Shodan had just been studying him and tossing it back in his face.

Come closer. As close as you like.

"Don't pick fights to impress the guys, either."

He placed a finger into the center of the straw polygon and spun it in a lazy circle. Maybe it's a square.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Mark, Ruach, liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"..." Spark looked Star up and down again, despite all the time he spent with his sister and the studying he's done afterwards he had a hard time getting a feel on this person and that set him on edge. Because he was trying to be unreadable, or was just naturally good at it. Which disturbed the mage, still he couldn't hold his tongue when the man actually tried to make them seem like the Aggressors.

"...Okay one, rude, two no one here was picking a fight till you started 'correcting' us. So...knock it off or stop, please."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-06 01:26:57 Spark rolls 6 to Read Star's emotional state (wits + Empathy + Specialty: Emotions) (10 Again) 7, 2, 10, 4, 3, 10, 3, 7 2 successes

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"Whoaaa." Mobius replies to Kaze. "You gotta introduce me to her. Think she'd take me for a ride?" Eyes wide with the thought of cruising the streets on a motorcycle. She had ridden a dirt-bike, once, back home but this had to be different. She then smiled at Kaze's explanation for owning a truck. Most people would think of being the go to guy for moving and big lifts as a burden. "I grew up in small town Colorado. Highest city in the US, they say. We had a Subway though, so that's something." She meant the sandwich place, not the public transport, but she didn't specify. "I came to California for school."

Before long, a friendly dialogue had turned into an argument over who was or wasn't a pedant. Of course, Mobius didn't commit to her opinions enough to throw herself into that fire line. Star complimented and then disparaged her within the same breath. Damaged goods? She was less than impressed, even if he was arguing for her side. "Hey hey," she interjected as cheerfully as she could, "Let's relax. You guys are upsetting the coffee." she joked, pulling her cup close to her and reassuring it lovingly.

13. Likes West, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze starts to say something to object at the stranger's disparaging description of Mobius and support her, but then she speaks up for herself, so he decides she might not appreciate it if he took it upon himself to defend her.

"Hey, who doesn't take some damage in this life, huh?" Kaze says chuckling.

Then more seriously, "I don't know what you mean really, but that 'spiritually entwined' thing sounds a little sad, like maybe you lost someone. I'm sorry for your loss if you did; I lost my family when I was younger and that left a mark." Kaze says, offering empathy rather than sympathy.

Kaze laughs at Mobius' enthusiastic entreaty to ask his girlfriend for a ride on her motorbike! "Oh, you've met her! She's the head of the local, 'archery club'." He says. "I think that's a great idea, too. She's all business and really professional, but I think if you asked her, she would probably enjoy giving you a ride." he says encouragingly. "
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

15. Likes West liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan allows the Mop Hair man to finish talking. For a moment, these long agile fingers attract the Obrimos' interest but before long his eyes are back on Star's.

"I know what word I was looking for" He says simply "And you sure toss the word 'fact' easily enough for someone who can't be bothered with presenting evidence. Mythicizing the good old times is your right, just don't, don't, don't make it sound like everyone has to do it or they are ignorant" The man's grin is met with a much more reserved smile "Good talk, though" He had to hand it to the man, he's got style. Deflecting Shodan's point in such a way that it doesn't appear crude, pushing him towards defense and proving he did not say what he said to 'impress a girl'. But the Prime Mover was no stranger to the skills of debate either.

Interestingly, there's no edge to his voice. Nothing to indicate he's nervous or angry. It's a debate, low blows come with the territory. And so, he is confifent with his reply to Mobius "I'm relaxed. Far as I can tell, everyone else is too" It might be what you call 'wishful thinking' when Spark is considered, but that thought was not voiced "You said you came here for school? What did you study?"

And spiritually entwined? It was an interesting choice of words, perhaps because it meant exactly nothing to Shodan. Sounded New Age. Or maybe it was like a monk vow or something? In any case, it's a story he'd be interested to hear.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread