Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Public Library

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Hailey wanders amongst the shelves of a local library. She carries a couple of books, one on Augustus and another about Ancient Greece for two different class reports. Now, she was looking for a recreational read, something on ancient practices. She walks through the small, one person, isles, slowly glancing over titles and authors reveling in the smell of paper and bindings that had always been pleasant to her senses.

Hailey's searching for material on ancient mysticism and rituals. Roll Wits+Investigation to see what you can find.

Investigating...

Hailey finds a few books on ancient Animist religions, an old looking book on Druidic ritual, a book on the Salem witch trials, and three books on modern Wicca.

Roll Perception - 2, please.

It had been a long day at work for Tom Steele; the recent workload only seemed to increase around the holiday season. But at least that would be over soon once New Years passed by. It was time for some long needed relaxation and Thomas couldn't think of a better place than the Sacramento Public Library.

I got my Starbucks coffee, a nice quiet atmosphere, and plenty to read. Finally, a place to relax.

Mr. Steele smiles and nods to the front desk receptionist as he comes inside. At first he is unsure as to what topic he would be enjoying today; any topic typically was of interest to a bookworm like him. His slow-paced browsing eventually lands him in the Occult section -- a topic he was surprisingly ignorant on.

Well, there's a first time for everything.

While browsing the different titles on the shelves, he comes across a female who seems to be searching through the topic as well. "So, are you into this kind of stuff?" He asks, figuring that a friendly conversation would be nice.

Hailey switches her eyes from the shelves, smiles at Tom, and giggles sweetly. "A little bit," she says jokingly, her arms are filled with occult books and history texts. "If you looking for some basic information take the blue one," she offers the pile of books to Tom, the blue one is under two larger ones. Its a thin paperback on becoming Wiccan that she intended to show to the circles new member but she couldn't help talking to an attractive man she met in a library instead of the bar. "Um, if you don't mind my asking, do you go to school around here? I haven't seen you around campus but that doesn't mean much," she shrugs almost loosing the pile of books but she keeps her grace, "I'm kinda new here."

Perception

Tom nodded, reaching out and taking hold of the indicated blue book.

Does she really think I'm that young? Heh, I guess that's a compliment.

"School?" Tom chuckles in a friendly manner. "I'm long past that. I actually just graduated Law School."

Inside the Druidic ritual book, sandwiched between two of the inner pages, is a couple old rose petals - well preserved by the pages - and a faded receipt. Hailey can barely make out the words Morrigan's Bookrack and a local address.

Hailey looks visibly impressed, "wow, nice." She off loads her stack of books on a near by table and only takes a quick glance at the interesting find in the Druidic book before turning back to face Tom. "Law, huh? You don't have a case on someone who was practicing do you? That would be really bad for our reputation," she giggles when she catches herself questioning him. "Sorry, I get carried away." Hailey holds out her hand to him, "my name's Hailey. I'm a History student at SacU."

OOC

Tom grasps her hand and gives it a firm shake and cracks a smile in return to her giggle. It was rare to find a woman who proposes a handshake first, but his father always told him those who do are feisty ones.

Makes me wonder what ol' dad was drinking sometimes, and where I can get some...

"That's a pretty name." He replies as he releases his hand from her's. "I'm Tom; I studied Political Science back during my college days."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last