Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Public Library

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Hailey smiles, "a pleasure to meet you Tom. You didn't happen to take an history or humanities during your college days did you? I have two reports to work on." She nods toward her books. "I hardly have time to study 'cause I'm pretty much the only girl my boss can rely on at work."

"Actually, I almost minored in history before I decided to make it philosophy instead." Tom flipped the blue occult book in his hand. Honestly the book's topic didn't interest him much, but it was something to fiddle with while he talked.

"I'm not an expert in history by any means, but I know enough that I should be able to help. Although..." Tom chuckles, indicating that he is about to make a joke. "...I doubt you could afford my hourly fee."

Hailey giggles at a hushed library volume, "no, probably not." The truth was that she knew a lot about her topics, the books she gathered were to thicken up her reference page, but she liked the idea of hearing a history lesson from Tom. She dreamily wondered if there was a Mrs. Tom.

"Though, how about this?" She reaches in her purse and takes out a business card and a pen. "I buy you lunch sometime..." She uses the back of one of her books for support as she scribbles something on to the back of the card then offers it to Thomas. "..And maybe while we're there I'll learn a bit of history, hm?" She smiles at him with her hand extending the card to him. Her nails are the same shade of rose-red as her brightly painted, smiling, lips.

The business card reads - "Intimate Moments" in red cursive letters with an outline of a heart behind it followed by an address and some fine print that reads "Lingerie * Videos * Novelties * And More!" Lastly it states that it is "Valid for a Friends with Benefits Discount - 50% off your entire purchase".

On the back Hailey has written her cell phone number and her name in girly, bubbly handwriting and ends the tail of the "Y" with a little heart shape.

Tom takes the card and flips it around in his hand, examining it.

Professionally made, and from an adult store...nice.

He couldn't help but smile at her advance. But what kind of gentleman would let a lady pay for lunch? Truth be told he hadn't seen much action since college -- law school tended to take away from such social activities.

"I tell you what," Tom says as he tucks the card in his wallet. "I'll wave my hourly fee for this lunch and history lesson if you wear something as nice as you have tonight." He ends the statement with a smooth confident smile.

Hailey's smile visibly brightens, "that sounds great." Her mind was already tearing through the memory catalog of the clothes back at her apartment. "What time for lunch?"

"Tomorrow at noon, of course." Tom returns her ever brightening smile. "Do you know of any good places?"

Hailey's voice is light and giggly, "no, you decide," it gets her shushed by someone browsing the shelves. She gives them a narrow eyed look then quiets her voice, "I'm terrible at it." Scooping up her books from the table she starts to walk toward the check out desk but turns after a few steps, "call me about it alright? I have to get out of here," she motions the the grump that shushed her fun, gives Tom a little wink, then carries on toward the counter.

"Alright." Tom replies as she gets up to leave. He'd have to pick a good place, something that would surprise her.

For now he simply flipped through the book she suggested for him...

Scene Ends

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2