A small package is left at Nox, addressed to Thomas Boyle

Inside is a letter and a CD.

Thomas!

I was listening to the new alblum by Vanishing Twin, do you know of them? It wasn't really my kind of gig, but the hipster I ended up eating that night went on and on about how 'the music fearlessly floats between the esoteric and real, blurring the line between warmly nostalgic and eerily haunted' and naturally it made me think of you instantly.

I did a little research and apparently the founding member had a twin sister that she consumed in the womb, and when she found out at twelve she fell into a deep malaise and became obsessed with the idea that the sibling that she ate became her phantom muse, somehow living inside of her and inspiring her creative process. She started out playing violin and mandolin, and over time collected a exotic collection of characters that range from avant-garde filmakers playing flutes to electro-funk producers (apparently one of them calls himself 'Man From Uranus' which is charming enough, I guess) devoted to synthesizing psychedelic traditions from around the world. The review I'm cribbing these details devolves into a rant about Brexit and I started to skim because I was looking to learn about interesting people, not read another rant about stupid, short sighted politicians, but they called the band "a model of the inspired cross-cultural pollination that results when you encourage open borders and open minds" and again I was struck by how exactly perfect that sounded for your personality.

Ciao bella!
~E. M.

P.S. The hipster wasn't very good, he had an overly melancholy tang to my palate. And he vaped. But he could talk to no end about this kind of stuff and he had a very intricate tattoo of something with a goat head in an upside down pentacle on his shoulder blade, so if you don't mind one kine slightly used maybe you want him for your cult or something? Maybe Keeper Wood or Ms. Kadlek would like him for a plaything? You probably have a better eye for their tastes than I do. He calls himself Blake and his number is XXX-XXXX if you're interested!

Vanishing Twin: The Age Of Immunology
Tracks
KRK (At Home In Strange Places)
Wise Children
Cryonic Suspension May Save Your Life
You Are Not An Island
The Age Of Immunology
Magician's Success
Plančte Sauvage
Backstroke
Invisible World
Language Is A City (Let Me Out!)