Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily swallows the last of the taco and licks guac from her fingers. "See, that place sounds cool! I'd love to check that out."

Emily hesitates at Orion's comment.Pain's an old friend, buddy. I've been closer to dead that most. She shudders. Okay, now I know I need a drink.

Shit. You've been really quiet. Make a joke.

"Excuuuuuse me? Are you saying I need to get to a gym?" Emily's lost look from her seconds of reverie bounces back into a wide smile that isn't quite reflected her slightly guilty eyes. "The cheek! Buddy, I lug wheels and exhausts around all day and dance all night. Plus the gym is boooooring. Unless you have an instructor in kinda a Chris Hemsworth style? Then I might be persuaded."

She gets up quickly and jerks a thumb at the bar. "Imma get a drink. Everybody else good?" She takes orders if there are any and bounces off to the bar.

A double vodka are poured easily down her throat.
    He's right. You could easily stand to work out more if you wanna keep fitting in your pants.

They are getting a bit snug... wait, Fuck OFF. Stupid were-liver...

Another bill on the bar, another two double vodkas are swallowed. The questioning look from the tender is met with a vicious-looking leer, the nagging voice fades to white noise, and a fourth one is brought back to the table.

The werewolf drops back into her chair easily, dumps the vodka into her coke and scoops up some chips. "Barefoot?" Your feet must be like leather, Sonnie!" She exclaimes. "But running like crazy through the city sounds fun! Maybe I could join sometime?" The last bits on the plate - The lasagne and a few more rings - are gobbled up and Emily leans lack languidly. "That was great..." She burps loudly and sighs, contented.

For now, at least.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Baller! Exactly! It's the best!" She paused and sipped some soda, eyeing both Emily and Orion, "If you want, we could set up a time to meet there and I can show you guys the place. I'll give you the address now if you want." And she did, since the Stonebones inquired as to the location.

Sonnie laughed, her booted feet tapping the floor beneath the table, "Not quite leather, but you go around barefoot long enough and most stuff doesn't bother you anymore. Still gotta beware rusty nails and broken glass, and you still want shoes in winter."

She stood up and smiled, "Now, if you will excuse me a moment." The young woman spun on her heel and marched towards the desserts.

Ice cream all the toppings. Cake. Brownies. Cookies. Donuts. It was a miniature Willy Wonka factory and Sonnie dove right in. When she returned to the table, she had a plate piled with enough sweets to give you cavities just looking at it. The Beast rubbed her hands together greedily.

"And now the finale to my evening!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

O
    Orion

Orion smiled politely, letting his innate sense of people do some work. The lost look, then the joke... where was her head at? He wondered if he'd upset her, or if she was all right...

Will continue my post once results!

1 sux to measure Emily's emotional state
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-09 20:58:30 Orion rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy: Where Ya Head At? (10 Again) 5, 9, 3, 6, 4, 2 1 success

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily isn't trying to hide, but you have to look to notice, like it's a part of her normal state. It's loss. Pain always happens.

If Orion had to pick something similar, it's the look you see in soldiers or old Summer Courtiers - once that get through the fights. Survivor's guilt.

It's odd, to see it in someone so young and clearly non-military. But from the joke, the demeanor, the drinks; she equally doesn't want to talk about it.

O
    Orion

A lady who had seen some shit, somehow, somewhere, who was holding it back against a wall of humor and extroversion. All right. He could deal with that. Be kind, and don't dig, because it wasn't what this gal wanted. He let the hesitation go, engaging her humor with a smile. "Everyone needs to get to a gym. Those who go, need to go more. But fair enough. If you're happy where you're at, far be it for me to tell you that more exercise is good for you." His Mask's brown eyes sparkled kindly; beneath the Mask, Sonnie and Moon could see the clear twinkle in the flaming reds. As she got up for her drink, he asked for a Diet Coke and let her go.

As for the Pipeworks? That sounded like a great time, a different, more practical kind of exercise. Going there with a monkey would surely be an exercise in getting outperformed, but it would drive him forward, the Competition never-ending, the hush of his Mantle before the starter pistol would go off always present... he nodded to Sonnie. "Let's do that."

With that, he went off to find himself a Serious Sundae at the dessert bar, mounds of ice cream and sprinkles and chocolate sauce. That shit would need a run later to justify, but he had promised he would crush this place. So it would be.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah! That sounds awesome!" Emily taps the address in her phone. "I mean, yeah. I go around barefoot at home, but, like, on the street? With squishy human feet?"

Heh.
    With bare feet on the street.
    When we meet on the street.
    As we dance to the beat in bare feet on the street.

Rhyming is fun. And thank you, tiny buzz before you wear off in the next 30 seconds, for making this possible! Stupid were-liver.

Drifting back to the present, Sonnie has already gone off to hit the dessert bar like an avalanche. Emily drinks her newly alcoholled coke and burps softly again. As Sonnie comes back, she quips, "Damn, babe! Your cake stomach must be almost as big as your regular stomach!"

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-13 06:10:14 Emily rolls 2 to Distraction! Manip+Subter (10 Again) 7, 3 failure
    The Crescent taps Sonnie on her far shoulder and tries to steal a cookie, but her cunning plan is obvious. The werewolf gives Orion a broad grin.

"I don't think you're the squeamish type but if you hate body horror you might wanna look away now." She chuckles, waiting for the carnage to happen.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie quite generously allowed her blue-haired friend to snatch a cookie, smiling benignly. "Cake stomach? Is that a medical term?"

"I'm not quite sure what you mean by horror, my dear Emily. Sweets are to be savored, you see." With that, she picked up a fork and proceeded to eat some cake, one tiny morsel at a time, nibbling at each piece like a mouse on a hunk of cheese. Her fork hand even held out it's pinky. Fancy dining at it's finest! "Oh my, how delightful! Num num num!" How long her display of ridiculous table manners would last remained to be seen.

"Excellent! It's settled, then. A day at the Pipeworks will work off all these calories. We must keep our girlish figures trim, right Orion?"

O
    Orion

Orion winked at Emily. "'bout to see some shit, am I?" the Ogre quipped, observing Sonnie as she went to town... extremely slowly. Well. That wasn't the Sparta that had been promised by Blue. He threw on the shittiest British accent ever. "Ohhhhhh yes, we must slowly sup upon our delicious bon-BAWWWNS..."

It was real bad. Real, real bad.

Raising an eyebrow, he also picked up his spoon and slowly began to scoop little bits off the monster sundae.

"We shall be here beyond close at this rate, but eating slowly is good for one's digestion. I know it helps me keep my girlish physique."

Did his left pec just jump?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ohmygod you've never heard of a cake stomach?" Emily exclaims, nibbling on her stolen prize. "Well, you know however much you eat, there's always room for cake, right? *nom* Or how you're sure you're full and someone says "would you like some of this cake?" And you know you do and despite being full you realise you can eat it anyway? Well, the only explanation is you have a different, separate place for cake. Cake stomach. Obviously." This peice of braon-melting biology is punctuated by the little werewolf stuffing the cookie into her mouth. "But the Pipeworks sounds awesome! Count me in."

She watches the two of them sceptically as they demurely engage their desserts, holding back laughter. "If you two are still eating like that when I get back I'll give you my dessert... no, that's crazy. I'll... I dunno. But you both a beer or something. But that cake looks really good Sonnie. Shame it's right at the bottom of your pile. However will you get there?" She teases, sniggering, and gets up to get her own dessert. "No one would call yours a girlish figure, Orion. And I know a few things about girlish figures!"

A slab of gateaux and a bunch of mini brownies, profiteroles and cookies, all topped with ice cream, raspberry sauce and sprinkles. It looks a lot like Sonnie's, really. The Crescent digs out a triple-chocolate cookie from the pile and sticks it into Sonnie's ice cream like a wafer, booping the beastling on the nose with a sauce-covered finger. Dropping into the chair, she takes a huge scoop with her spoon and licks it like a cone just as elegantly as the others. "I say, how frightfully civilized!" She says, putting on her own British Noble accent.

I hope you all know that being English playing an American doing a bad English accent is one of the times I'm really glad this is PbP because this is making me wince!

10. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Orion's 'British' accent caused Sonnie to burst out laughing, which was messy since she had a mouth full of cake at the time. Bits of it spewed onto her dessert pile, but she didn't seem to care. "Hey, if a buffet has to toss you out because it's closing time, then you know you've done this right!"

Sonnie crammed the entire chocolate cookie into her maw, her 'manners' having not lasted long. She didn't notice that Emily had left a spot of sauce on her nose. "Uh yeff, kwut, kwut! Suh vuhwuh wufun'd!" That she had someone managed to fake an English accent with a mouth jammed full of cookie was impressive. It would have been more impressive if her accent was any good.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread