‘Will you swear on your life,
That no one will cry at my funeral?’

The pavement was cold and wet. Unforgiving to the body that lay on it.

The girl laying on it didn’t feel any of the rain. Rich dark brown hair was plastered to her face and the ground around her. Striking blue eyes stared at nothing, unblinking and unfocused.

Her breathing was shallow, almost none existent.

Once pink, full lips were now turning blue.

Many walked by, and once the track marks were noticed, the numerous bruises to the girls face and arms, their steps hastened. They just shake their heads. In this neighborhood, you always kept walking, always minded your own business.

But a finger, turning a pale blue color, moved, almost as if reaching for something, or someone.

The man that had discarded her there, stood across the street, casually smoking and looking at his watch. He had always warned her what would happen if she didn’t listen. Couldn’t fucking do what he told her. So it was simple for him, he couldn’t use her anymore. The drugs she refused to take, refused an order from him, would get rid of her for him. But oh how she tried to fight the needle, but she was weak, always was. And now the world could see it.

The cigarette was dropped and stepped on as he simply walked away.

‘I know some things that you don't
I've done things that you won't
There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home’

Just when the girl’s heart was about to give up, she was picked up and carried away. Into a doorway no one saw, or would see.

‘I was waiting for my hearse
What came next was so much worse’