Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Report to the Prince

THREADID
    L
    Lina Moretti

Your Majesty:

I write to ensure you were aware of an allegation of a possible breach of your Laws, specifically of the Law of Presentation, wherein you indicate that boons shall not be charged to facilitate Acknowledgment.

Arturo Garcia advised me that a Carthian Lord by the name of Finley attended a recent Ventrue meeting. Apparently, this Lord made a Carthianesque speech which angered the Priscus of Ventrue, who required him to pay boons to her and the Clan before he would be Acknowledged.

Though I did assess him with my training and found him to be credible, Mr. Garcia has a clear issue with his Priscus that I thought would shade his testimony, so I interviewed Thomas Boyle as well, who was also present at this meeting.

Mr. Boyle confirmed that Mr. Garcia was telling the truth. Favorably for Priscus Simmons, I was told as well that Mr. Garcia pointed this issue out at the meeting and that the Priscus rescinded her demand, but it appears that this was not communicated to Mr. Finley, who has not been seen in the Domain in quite some time. I expect he has moved on and will not be of any use to the Praxis now.

I thought it worth asking if this constituted a violation of your Law before I continued to investigate the whys and wherefores.

Is this a breach of the law of Presentation as you intended the law to be interpreted? How would you like to proceed at this time?

In service:

Lina Moretti
    Sheriff of Sacramento

Orianna Alessandra

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sheriff Moretti,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, it's troubling to say the least.

Have you spoken with Priscus Simmons or any of the other Lords present at the meeting?

Once that has been done, and all the facts are on the table, Priscus Simmons will need to be spoken with about this, and appropriate action taken. This seems to be a gray area that needs to be addressed.

~A
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

L
    Lina Moretti

Your Majesty:

I investigated to this point to understand the nature of the situation, speaking with Garcia and Boyle. Whip Jack and Priscus Simmons appear to be the only other Ventrue left in the Domain who were at that meeting other than them.

I wanted to ask you if I was correctly understanding your intention with that Law before I spoke with the Priscus for her version of events.

At this point, I will invite Priscus Simmons in to meet with me and tell me what happened. Given that she did change her position on the matter when reminded of the Law at the meeting, I suspect she will likely be straight with me about it. I'll report again after that.

Lina Moretti
    Sheriff

L
    Lina Moretti

A new report arrives. Alessandra

Your Majesty:

I have interviewed Priscus Simmons with respect to what occurred at the Ventrue meeting. As I expected, she openly admitted her mistake.

She described that the Carthian known as Finley came to the meeting late. She demanded Prestation for the lateness and he acted in an insulting fashion, at which point she kicked him out of the meeting and expected that he would pay Prestation before she would acknowledge him. Once he was gone, this was addressed by Mr. Garcia with the Priscus, who realized her mistake - but the Carthian was already gone. She did not intend to connect the Prestation with his Acknowledgment, but that was how it came out.

Her open admission led me to ask her about why her Whip, Jacque,
    was publicly saying everything was appropriate and lawful with the handling of the Carthian when all of the other Ventrue said something was wrong, including the Priscus herself. I wanted to know if she had asked him to cover for her. She merely indicated that she had told him that it was her intention to fix the issue. I do not believe she asked him to cover for her, given how open she was when she was asked about what happened.

To her credit, the Priscus openly invited correction and punishment. If you want my recommendations, please advise.

Lina Moretti
    Sheriff

L
    Lina Moretti

A letter following up on her report is left for @Alessandra, requesting any instructions she may have.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A letter is returned,

Thank you for speaking with her. I have planned to have a meeting with her and I will handle the matter with her personally.

Your prompt response and handling of it is greatly appreciated.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.