Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Priscus to Finley

THREADID
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca dialed the Carthian's number and waited for a response.

Graham Finley MrGrieves

Hope it's okay to handwave knowing a contact number to facilitate a meeting

G
    Graham Finley

There wasn't an immediate answer, but she did, perhaps unexpectedly, get a call back. Well, maybe several calls - the two Lords hadn't exactly gotten a chance to exchange hours of operation. He'd hoped it wasn't too much. When they were finally able to make contact, he spoke in a voice that sounded somewhere in between eagerness and trepidation. She couldn't be sure but it sounded as though he were in the process of cleaning something, but taking precautions to keep the sound from interfering with their conversation.

"Harpy Simmons. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Answering the return call she flinched at his use of her title over the phone. "I'd like discuss what happened at the last meeting and come to an amicable resolution if you have time. My office? Also, let's try to avoid company titles over the phones, if we can." Her tone was friendly and welcoming. No lingering hostility.

G
    Graham Finley

He immediately regretted his poor choice of words. She was absolutely right. His half-starved mind wasn't as sharp as it should be when addressing someone of her stature, political disagreements aside. Underneath the pecking orders and the titles that paint them into neatly, distincly recognizable rungs, they were beasts and he was a surly cub mewling at a lion. He choked a nervous laugh, replying -

"Ah, damn. Forgive me. I'm...not quite at my best just now. But thank you for the invitation, nevertheless. I know your time is valuable. Just give me a night, and I'll be there; Is there a more discreet channel I should use for contact moving forward?"

As Graham structured his sentences he seemed to level out, but his weakened condition was probably obvious. He just hoped he could avoid making any more mistakes when it came to the developing choreography between them.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"We can discuss that more in person. I'm available whenever you are. I assume you'd prefer the sooner, so I am available and at my office if you would like to come join me."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.