Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She had been sleeping most of the day, in a little nest she had built on the couch. Tons of soft blankets and pillows propped her up so she wasn’t twisting and turning. Cause ouch. And while she had medication to help with that, ibuprofen, it wasn’t helping much. The doctors and nurses had not been happy with her refusal of the pain pills, despite her explaining her previous addiction. But she won, and the pills stayed at the hospital. So on the coffee table was the bottle of ibuprofen, water, tea and the fancy little bracelet they make you wear.

Feeling more awake, but still sore, it had only been a day, she reached out to Rhodes. And while she didn’t want him to see her looking like this, she understood his concern. So she forced herself up, turning down the music, and began making some fresh tea.
    Xadun Rhodes
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

This had been an experience. A thoroughly unpleasant one.

Seraphina was a grown woman. An adult. She was not helpless. And yet. With Changelings, an absence of contact could mean the worst. And now they had been talking often. Then, suddenly, nothing. The first missed call was not unusual. but by the third and fourth, some hours later, he knew something was wrong. The Dread Lord knew Fear like a friend, but this....

This Fear had been consuming. Petrifying. A dark abyss, tearing at his soul in a way he had not felt since...

Since her.

The realisation had been startling. Just how much he had come to care for Sera. How much she meant to him. It was so hard to say. After the feeling had been perverted for him, twisted, into a vulgar weakness by the Eternal Gardener.

When she called, he had been passed out on the bedbed, only succumbing an hour or two earlier. Rhodes didn't even check his appearance before hurtling out of Edna's and straight for her apartment.

Suit crumpled, bags under his eyes, dishevelled, exhausted; the Dread Lord of the Autumn Court knocked cautiously on the door.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

3. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The knock came, just as the water finished boiling. A remote was picked up and the music turned down more, it had been soothing to her.

Gingerly walking to the door, she was shocked by the appearance of Rhodes. Looking more like he hadn’t been sleeping.

She had missed him, and felt horrible about not reaching out sooner.

What began as a smile at seeing him, was quickly turned into a look of concern, despite the pain, “You ok?” she was clearly worried, gently moving to allow him in. She was still in her pajamas, a pair of shorts and tank top, her dirty hair piled on top of her head. She hadn’t tried taking a shower yet.

“Did something happen?” she asked, “I’m just making some tea.” She says, closing the door and carefully walking back to the tea pot and two cups. Even if she wanted to try and act like she was fine, she was too tired and the pan was still too strong.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes steps in, pure will keeping him from stopping or collapsing against the wall. "I was worried about you, Sera. You always call me back. I thought something had happened to you."

He watches her move inside, the relief at seeing her alive palpable. "What happened? Is everything..." He trails off, seeing the scratches and heavy bruising across Sera's arms and body. The Dread Lord almost chases her into the living room and moves to face her, looking over her body in concern. The winds of his Mantle are conspicuous only by their absence, the air still but rapidly cooling. Frost begins to form on the nearby windows. It cracks loudly. "Who? Who did this to you?" he asks in a quiet, dangerous voice. Behind a mask of composure, his bright green eyes are livid with wild fury.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

7. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Talking over her shoulder, “Oh, I’m sorry about that. I didn’t mean to worry you, I should have called you back sooner.” A smile flashed to him. “And while something did happen, it’s not a huge thing.” Least she didn’t want it to be a huge thing.

She blinks in surprise, not expecting his reaction. Ok, maybe she expected a reaction, but not this one. And as the air grew chilled, she instinctively wrapped her arms around herself.

Glancing down at her arms, she realized she forgot to put her robe on. “Oh, um, yah. Did some sparring and underestimated my skills greatly. But I’m fine, really.” She tried to reassure him, not liking his tone. If he reacted to the bruises like this, her side was going to send him through the roof.

She gently touches his arm, “Really, everything is fine.” Her voice soft. But the look in his eyes had her uneasy. “Sit and have some tea with me, and I can fill you in.” She encourages, gesturing to the couch. “I just brewed some rose tea.” As she mentions the tea, she grabs some of the blankets to move, wincing as she used the muscles on that side. But smiles anyways.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes watches Sera move gingerly. "Anything that hurts you... is a large thing to me. Tell me what happened. Please."

The touch and contact dims the fire, but the spark still burns behind the emerald eyes. The Flowering is tense under her touch, but with her so near... "This looks like more than sparring to me." The tone is restrained, but the Mantle betrays him with the icy temperature and pregnant stillness, like a calm before a heavy rain.

Rhodes moves to the sofa with her, noting the wince and gently but firmly taking the blankets from her. "I do not want tea," he says, his face set. "You are in pain. I want to know what happened to you. Where have you been? Who hurt you? Why..." His voice actually falters, a pleading edge creeping into his voice. "Why didn't you call me?"

There is was. The vines of Fear reaching up around his chest. That maybe she didn't care after all.

Just like Ophilea.

11. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

He sounded truly concerned, and she wasn’t sure how to take that.

Letting him take the blanket, she sits.

“I’m in pain because I overestimated my skills in a fight. The last time I sparred was with Quick, I’m not sure if you remember him, but we used to box together. So I felt confident in what I could do.”
    There was a defeated sigh, “Turns out, against another Lost, using their abilities, I’m not much of a fighter.” Admitting that clearly pained her, and was difficult to say.

Looking down at her hands, “It ended with me in the hospital.” She then gingerly lifted her shirt and moved to show him the bruise on her side. Deep red and purple in color.

“When I woke up, it was more about calming the situation down, as the police were involved. Then all I wanted to do was rest and sleep.”
    She finally looks to him, it hitting her that she worried him, “I’m sorry, I should have called you. But I didn’t think it was a big deal, I’ve gotten hurt sparring before. And I didn’t want to worry you or have you take time our of your day to sit with me because of something stupid I did.” This was difficult for her, “I guess,” she began, the struggle obvious, “I didn’t realize you cared this much.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Flowering doesn't sit. He watches."Quick. The lightning Elemental. I remember." His words are quiet.

"WHAT?!" The burst of words is accompanied by a split second strong gust of icy wind centered on the Dread Lord."You were in hospital?" His face, already elfin and pale, whitens a few shades. Seeing the brutish bludgeoning on Sera's side, he kneels beside her, several emotions on his usually composed face. Fear. Concern. And still, around his tight eyes, Anger.

Gently Rhodes helps her lower her shirt back down. "The police? Sera, that is not a sparring wound. That is cracked ribs and internal bleeding at the veryleast. Someone did this to you." His voice still has the restrained edge of cold anger in it, but looking at her turns it quietly desperate. "I would wait for you anywhere, because it is you, don't you see that? I... " The words are out of Rhodes'mouth before he realises, and, for the first time, Sera sees him falter, his words caught in his silver-tongued throat. "I.... don't think I knew myself. But... when you didn't reply... and I though you were lost, or... or worse..." he trails off. The words are jerky, forced; lacking his usual smooth charm. They are hard because, she sees, he is opening up to her. Gently taking her hand, he looks into her eyes. "I... I care. I realised... I never told you... until I thought you might be gone. To me... you are perfect."

The Dread Lord rises slowly. "And... someone hurt you. And that.... that I cannot stand by and go unchallenged." The winds of his Mantle begin to ripple angrily.

15. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Instinctively she flinches from the outburst. And it wasn’t from not trusting Rhodes, but some habits don’t go away.

Nodding, “It was only for a couple hours. Once they knew nothing was broken, they sent me on my way. Well, after fluids and fussing.” Too much fussing.

“It’s actually just a bruised kidney, a badly bruised kidney. And the police got involved because I wasn’t conscious when I got to the hospital. So it looked bad.” Which made sense looking back at the whole mess. “I understand how it looks, but I don’t believe it was done on purpose. Us Springs are known for being able to heal ourselves and those around us, and I haven’t put as much effort into that as I should. I think he thought I knew how to heal myself,” a single shoulder shrugs, “My fault for not being upfront with what I could do.” This wasn’t Fawkes fault, this was hers.

She’d never seen him like this. The faltering, the lack of charm, this wasn’t like him.

“I,” she began, searching for the words, “I think maybe some part of me did see that. But the fear of it prevented me from seeing it fully.” Caring meant pain. But hearing him made her heart begin to race, he was truly worried. He cared. He actually did care.

“I care too, and I should have reached out sooner. I’m sorry to cause you so much worry.” Her voice gentle, and honest. “I never want to make you worry.” So two lessons learned.

Blinking, “Perfect?” her voice quiet, the disbelief obvious. “You don’t even know everything from my past.” How could he think she was perfect?

Watching him stand, she shakes her head, “Hurt me in a training match, that happens. And it won’t happen again, there’s a Pledge in place now to help make sure of that. Please, there’s nothing to challenge.” She softly pleas.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

17. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"That's bullshit and you know it. The contracts of the Spring Court may be able to heal but that doesn't mean an individual Spring can. Autumn is tied to the harvest but anyone assumes I can just magically make a tree bare fruit is dead wrong! Don't defend this! You didn't punch yourself in the guts!" Despair is creeping into Rhodes' words. How can she keep taking the blame for this?

At least some of what she says makes sense. Fear about losing Sera had blinded him to his feelings. And then, saying she cares too...

Emerald eyes rake quickly over Sera's face. He had to know for sure. A hint of a lie. Anything. And when it wasn't there...

Rhodes sinks back to his knees alongside her, gently resting his forehead on hers. A tear leaks from his eye, and a root-taloned hand runs gently through her golden curls. "I believe you. I just... I haven't cared for anyone like this. No-one. Not since... my time. I... need you to realise what this means to me. My... My Keeper was the last one. And... and now..." No lies. No hiding. She knew the truth now.

He looks her over, resting his hand gently around her head."I don't need to. You are smart, resourceful, compassionate, and sexy as hell. We all have pasts. But the woman I see now is like no other in this world."

Her plea makes the winds drop. The Dread Lord looks exhausted, but fire still smolders in his huge green eyes. "He hurt you. Hurt you, Seraphina. Pledge or not this witless oaf could have killed you and I would have torn this Freehold asunder finding them. Sometimes people need to know Fear. A lesson perhaps too muted of late." His shoulders slump and he looks at her, pleadingly. "I... I just want to keep you safe."

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread