Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

What the hell was going on, and what the hell were they thinking…

”Yes officer, thank you for your time, I will make sure everything gets taken care of. If you need anything else, you can reach us through my lawyer and he will take care of anything you need. Have a great evening.”

Police, he had his fair share of dealing with them. Different when he was young, versus when he was older - in one case he was a firebrand, in the other a mediator. The latter is what he was exercising tonight, managing to make this entire thing seem a lot less awful than it was. Dodging accusations best he could, and so long as Seraphina could attest that there was no wrongdoing, it seemed like they may have weaseled out of this one. If only by virtue of everyone being able to talk and assert there was no foul play at hand.

The King’s mantle was very much alive, almost pulsing with that force of eruption normally attributed with a volcano. The situation was infuriating, and they should have both known better...The tunnels, fighting, full contact? It made no sense to him. He was about to get his answers though.

Making his way back down the hall, the Crimson Aristocrat was not his normally fashion conscious self. He had a pair grey sweatpants, plain black t-shirt, and a black cotton zip-up hoodie - big enough to be a blanket for some given his size. His shoes were whatever had been sitting by the door as he rushed out. There was no time for jewellery, or any accessories, he was lucky he had even remembered his wallet at this rate.

His long stride carried him swiftly down the hall, glancing in rooms trying to find his pair wards for the evening, and he saw some real unfortunate souls as he looked. Soon enough though he found them. They had avoided needing a full on hospital room, getting a smaller room with a padded examination table one could lay on for preliminary check ups, and with basic machines around them. There was even a couple of chairs for guests or family. Slipping in, he closed the door behind him.

”First of all, I want to say I happy you are both safe. You also made the right decision to call someone, and thankfully we didn’t need any special medicine to keep things under control.”

He was doing his best to keep a calm and even voice. However, as he carried on it would pick up an edge, as he go straight to the core of the issue.

”Now, what nonsense drove you two down there in the first place? And what was really going?”

While he spoke to both, his statements seemed more pointed at the elemental, mostly by virtue of Fawkes serving within the Court Rich now served as sovereign to.

”Seraphina, if there is anything you need do not hesitate to ask. We can write off most of the things we may need easily enough, and if you feel you need some time away I can help cover anything like rent should it need to be done. It is the least I can do.”

“If you don’t press charges, we should be able to get out of this all free and clear.”

He leaned against the the door and sighed, and looked to the two of them again, then back to the fairest.

”Richard Price, newly crowned King of the Crimson Court, you can call me Rich. Thank you for bearing with us while we did our best to get this dealt with. When Fawkes called I got here as fast as I could, paramedics said he took good care of you.”

He cooled his temper that wanted to boil, but this was a situation of two kids wandering off to play with a gun, and panicking when it actually went off. Just in a much more magical way.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Continuation from here.

Fawkes kept his eyes on florescent lighting as they burned. His hair would have been matted with sweat if it wasn't a finely magnetized extension of his element. He needed a hit. The thought was all-consuming for the last hour of vocalized apologies. It certainly had not looked good. A sociopath addict with a black and blue model in and out of consciousness. He hadn't resisted when the officer pressed him against the vehicle and made sure the cuffs sprained his wrists with the force and angle.

The rage was good.

PD wasn't a new rodeo for him, and he kept his serene expression with the monotone request for a lawyer before Sera had dismissed the commotion and the Ogre swept in like a boiling white knight.

His hands clasped and unclasped, finally forcing his attention when his superior had asked a question.

"We sparred. I hit her too hard. Didn't realize her limits."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

In her opinion, the whole thing was getting blown way out of proportion. She was tired of answering questions and telling people that it was a mutual combat. Tired of the way they treated Fawkes, who she saw as doing nothing wrong.

Looking to the guy she had wanted to meet under different circumstances, listening. Though she was tired, and just wanted to sleep.

Trying to shrug, then realizing it required muscles that pulled on her kidney, she winced, “Was looking for a new sparring partner. Simple as that. Turns out I thought I could fight better than I could.” Not a big deal. Her voice tired, but still angelic.

Shaking her head, “No, but thank you. I just need to get some rest, and rethink how much of a fighter I thought I was.” Which wasn’t sitting well with her. How had she misjudged her skills this bad? “I can cover any expenses that have come from this. But your generous offer is greatly appreciated.” It really was. He didn’t know her, and yet he was helping her. “If anything, I should be offering to compensate you guys for causing so much trouble. Which I am.” Cause things appear to have gotten way out of hand.

“Press charges? Of course not! I would never press charges.”
    That sounded absurd to her.

“Wish we had met under better circumstances Rich.” Replies the Treasured with a weak smile. “I’m not surprised he took good care of me, he’s a nice guy.” She compliments, just hits like a damn truck.

Looking to Fawkes, “I didn’t intend to cause so much trouble. I’m sorry.” Her tone genuine.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

It was time to add that to the list...He needed to find a place so incidents like this wouldn’t happen. What they did wasn’t wrong, they were both consenting adults, but it was a layered issue with no simple answer. For the moment, he smiled to the Spring Aristocrat as he stood up from the door, standing at his full six foot eight, which likely made him the tallest in the room.

”Don’t worry about any of this. Like I said, so long as we are all okay and we have no issues from outside forces then we can consider damage control a success. You owe us nothing, it is what we as a community would do for any and everyone of the Lost here in Sacramento. It is what we all have to do.”

He took a moment to reflect on the situation, and it was hard to find a way around the conversation without having it come off as condescending which he knew wasn’t merited by the situation at hand.

”As for what this all was...I understand it. Sometimes we want to know what we can do when shit hits the fan - pardon my French. It is easy to underestimate others or overestimate ourselves. Did you two both understand what you were agreeing too? That special tricks were in play, or that you knew what eachother were capable of? Did you have a safety word?”

He asked both, but needed to know...Did Fawkes just blindly ask to or agree to go full out on this woman. It was dangerous if these things were not addressed and he had to know so that he could proceed accordingly. There was one thing that was springing to his mind however.

”Do you want to get stronger? Know how to fight if you or your loved ones ever need you to answer the call?”

Rich moved to the sideboard in the room, and reached for a few bottles of water from a dozen or so that were sitting there and moved across the room in a few even strides as he spoke. He passed one bottle to Seraphina, and reached Fawkes, giving him another.

”Drink up, it helps calm us down.

He was suggesting technically, but it was easy enough to read that it was more than just a friendly reminder.

”I may be new to the crown, but the Iron Spear has been my calling for decades. I am sure you are not alone. If you like I can help organize something safer, more structured. I am not in the business of telling you no when you mean well, but I can help try to mitigate any of bad things that may pop up.”

He cracked his own water as the gears turned in his mind, and he tipped the bottle back to drink deeply. He let Seraphina answer, Fawkes could easily jump in and add anything he thought appropriate.

”Did we need to hit up the cafeteria, or grab food outside or anything? Make any phone calls? We have the room for the next little bit or until they desperately need it. We don’t need to do anything serious tonight, I just need to know you are both healthy and in good headspace.”

He let his eyes rest on Fawkes for a moment, he is the one Rich wanted to hear from him in particular.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes holds the water, uselessly unopened and dangling from his finger tips. "I'm not making excuses, Sir. I asked what boundaries we were setting. Lady Seraphina requested the combat be true to reality," he brushed his other hand through his hair, eyes flicking from Sera to the floor,

"I uh- still held back. I didn't hit with-" he looked at his hand as he flexed his fingers, "If I did I would have killed you. I realize. When you charged me in an all out attack, my armour would have retaliated. The better your hit the more you would have been cut. I-I thought that meant- I thought Lost knew this about 'Us'. This isn't-" blinking as he looks at her bruising, "Flip a coin with fate. Another Siren didn't walk away," he growled as he holds his head.

"I'm not hungry." He swallows hard,

"I'm sorry."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Her head nodded absently, “Thank you. But I feel horrible about my stupidity causing Summer so much trouble.”

Sighing carefully, “I overestimated what I could do. Tricks that work in a boxing ring don’t work so well against other Lost. And I was given the chance to stand down, and what can I say, pride got in the way.” She just wasn’t expecting him to be able to hit so hard.

Looking down at her hands, folded in her lap, “I’m not sure anymore. I thought I was already able to do that, and maybe, on some level, I am. I would like to get stronger, but I’m not sure if I should shift my focus to being stronger in other ways.” She sounded defeated.

Smiling softly, she takes the offered water and takes a sip.

“That’s a very kind offer, thank you. But I’m going to need some time and figure a few things out. I enjoy fighting, but it’s obvious I need to learn more to be efficient.”
    And not a liability. Which she was now. “There are things I could do as a Spring that I’ve only scratched the surface of, and maybe that’s where I need to concentrate.” Another small shrug, “Maybe.” She didn’t know.

Shaking her head, “I don’t think I could eat anything right now.” Food just didn’t sound good. At the mention of calling anyone, she carefully reaches for her cell, almost immediately regretting it. But looking at the screen, and seeing the missed calls, “Crap.” She mutters. How would she explain this? “Uh, no. No one to call right now. I’ll have to deal with that later.” Maybe after she got some sleep. But probably sooner, yah, sooner. “I think I just need to rest.” Seemed like the only thing she could do.

Nodding, “I did.” She wouldn’t deny it.

Wait, he held back? What the fuck? How hard could he actually hit if he was trying? That question terrified her to think about.

Another Siren didn’t walk away? She looked at him, concern on her face. And worry.

Her voice now soft, “I’m sorry Fawkes. I wasn’t thinking and I hope I haven’t caused you too much distress. I never meant to.” Her own eyes, dull and pained, shifting again to look between her phone and water. She felt horrible. This was her fault. Her mind already working out ways to try and make it up to him.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”It seems the gravity is still weighing on all of us. We will all recognize this situation as one that is avoidable, and one where we were lucky that things did not end up worse. This is no trouble for us, Seraphina - this is what we do. And if you have never faced it people with Fawkes background are very powerful.”

“Fawkes, you did what you could, checking on boundaries, and you reacted appropriately. This was a misunderstanding in the gap of capabilities each of you possessed.”

He was giving somewhat of a fatherly speech now, and hoped that it would not grind on any of them. He tried his best to make sure he was not being accusatory, or tearing them down, but he couldn’t interpret their emotions for them.

”A pledge can be made. The Wyrd will help mitigate the harm that could come from testing your strengths, and can clear the air on what you are capable of. We can also find a place better than the tunnels of the city. I can get you a space where you or others who want to hone their talents can practice. We can stock it with what we need to train.”

“Do not give up on seeking out the chance to grow stronger. There will be set backs, there will be moments that try us. If they rule us we will stagnate. We have a strength of a community behind us that will do everything it can we will not fall, however. Take no shame accepting help from any of us.”

He could get them a space, and materials.

”Consider my offer, and take this as an opportunity to grow past this.”

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

He straightens at Sera's apology, "P-please, don't. You were just trying to be nice. You're a non-combatant, that isn't your fault. You're fine," the last statement seemed more for his own sanity, "You don't have to do this. Do what you want, not what others want. You don't need to impress anyone, you're already impressive. That's why I talked to you in the first place. If you want to get better at something, do it for yourself."

He's silent and watches as Richard speaks, giving a small shiver, "What Pledge? The Freehold one that still isn't happening?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a nod, a defeated one, but still a nod, “I think in a way it ending the way it did was for the best. My anger and pride were getting the best of me and I was going to keep going.” And it would have ended up badly. If the bruise was any indication.

A Pledge? “Can you tell us more about this Pledge?” those weren’t something to enter into lightly. “I had no issue with the place, but I understand what you’re saying.” More secure.

Sighing, “I’m not giving up, just taking a step back. Reevaluate what I know, and what I can add, Contract wise, to improve. As a Spring, there are a few things I could have, that would have proven quite beneficial. I’ve put them off, focusing elsewhere, and now I know I need to look into them more. Study more.” It was no secret that Springs could heal. And she had started down that path, but got side tracked. And it nearly cost her.

Smiling, “Thank you. Your words and kindness mean a lot to me, and I hope to someday repay it.” She liked being able to take care of herself. Maybe this was a way to learn to let others step in when needed.

The smile softened as she looked to Fawkes, “It was more than just being nice. I enjoy spending time with you, and thought I was better than I was. And I thank you for showing me I was wrong.” Had it been in the Hedge, she might not have survived. “It’s not about impressing anyone, it’s about being strong enough to protect myself.” Her voice soft, memories remembered but pushed aside. “But, maybe there are other ways to do that.” Ever the optimist.

“I hope the Monarchs are able to agree to bring the Freehold Pledge back, it would be beneficial for us to have it.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”Fawkes, that is enough. Steps are being taken to get a Freehold Pledge, and I will not sit here and let that be an excuse anymore. We will worry about the here, and the now. Make a pledge of mentorship of martial skills, get the ability to improve and help one another.”

He wanted to explode, he wasn’t going to talked to about a Freehold Oath when he was seeing negligent risks being taken without even the smallest of precautions being taken with the Wyrd much less ones as large as a Freehold Oath. He wasn’t going to lash out here and now though. He moved towards the door and stopped, looking back to the two of them.

”Please set limits, start small. I don’t want anything to happen to either of you. Help one another. We only have each other.”

He gave a sigh and leaned against the door once more. The burden of rule was not an easy one. He couldn’t just walk away, but rubbing open wounds in the salt wasn’t going to make anything easier.

”I get wanting to do better, it is difficult if you haven’t seen many of our kind in action. Everyone has something to offer though. And none of us can do everything. All that I ask is that you be smart about it. If you want the space, or end up pulling a pledge, let me know and I will do whatever I can to help out.

He went to leave,

”Is there anything else? If you need a place to stay Seraphina there is a guest room I have available if you don’t think you can make it home. If you two have your own arrangements I won’t impose.”

He had cleared up the incident, figured out what was going on, and they were now just simmering. If they still needed or wanted his company he would stay or offer them a ride if needed. But he didn't want to hover over them like a parent tailing their kid after detention.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread