Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Questions... and Answers?

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

Daryl talks about how he and Yolanda had come to Sacramento after hearing the rumors that a lot of the area's kindred had been wiped out, leaving turf for the taking. It had taken them a couple days since Yolanda (a Daeva) couldn't Haven within soil as Daryl could, but they'd eventually made it, sleeping away the day in motels and driving their motorcycles by night. The night they got to Sacramento, they didn't catch a glimpse of any Kindred, so since it wasn't too long until sunrise, they'd broken into an abandoned building and hidden down in its boiler room to wait out the day.

He says the two of them awoke on what they thought was the next night, and decided to head to the bar where they'd encountered Konstantin and the others. "It seemed weird, we both just thought that was where to go....ah, hell!" His eyes get wide. "I remember now... they told us to go there, planted that in our heads. We were set up from the start!"

he relates them going to the bar, and what happened there. Daryl happened to look at his watch, and noticed that the date was not what it should have been had they awakened the next night, but before he could give that a lot of thought, a man had come up and asked if his name was Jake. That triggered him and Yolanda to go berserk.

"I can see the fight in my head now," he says. "But it's like... something I watched, not something I did. And then all the other Kindred showed up... Priscus Konstantin and the others... Yolanda's Beast got set off and she tried to get away, but one of the others did a brain whammy on her. Konstantin and the others took us outside, then to an empty lot a little ways away. We were telling them what happened when... I felt something kinda go 'click' inside me. Suddenly I couldn't move, and I could see Yolanda was the same way... then we blew up. I knew something bad was going to happen, but... I couldn't do a damn thing about it. Couldn't save her..."

Daryl dabs at his eyes again with the tissue Victoria gave him, then takes a moment to calm himself and turns to Asa.

"Your Majesty, I swear, Yolanda and me, we planned to contact someone and get acknowledged the night after we got to town. I ask... I ask that you acknowledge me, so I can get back on my feet - or, get my feet back, I guess - and go after the bastards that did this to us. They killed the woman I love, and tried to kill me. I overheard Konstantin and that creepy doctor at the nuthouse mention some Lost Nights... sounds like the people that did this, they've killed other kindred, or tried to, and keep trying. Sounds to me like they could use some killing themselves."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

I'd like to use Telepathy to see if this is another set of conditioning on the guy, or if he's being deceitful. Aside from the -3 deep subconscious, are there any addition penalties imposed by Derangements or the conditioning?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Resolve -2, -1 for the confusion left behind by the drugs, -3 deep subconscious. No other penalties.

As best as Victoria can tell, Daryl is being truthful about the events, his emotions and his desire to stay and seek revenge. She catches a bit of anger when he mentions heading to Sacramento, and her guess is that the anger reflects the situation that caused him and his partner to head out on the road.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa was only half listening and glanced at Ishani briefly to see if she had the same idea he did.

What if this man is an unwitting sleeper?

He opened his senses, going beyond the man's voice, his words, his nuances. Beyond what could be sensed with the mundane, no matter how sharp. Beyond where lies could be told and sold, and into his mind. Gently sifting for truth, matching thoughts and words, using his own skill with Dominate to search for layers of conditioning that might prompt this behavior.

2 suxx
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Asa's advanced use of Auspex doesn't find any evidence of hidden programming. He finds a few places where Daryl's memories are still somewhat jumbled and unclear, probably as a result of the drugs Victoria mentioned, but nothing suggesting hidden thought processes; his skill with Dominate suggests that rather than reflecting erased or buried memories, these anomalies probably reflect places where Daryl's consciousness was so jumbled with drugs that no coherent narrative memory formed in the first place.

All in all, he's struck with how unsubtle the programming done to Daryl is compared to the elegance of properly-executed Dominate. Perhaps the hypnotic blocks Victoria had already broken through would have shown some degree of subtlety, but Asa can observe of the number done on Daryl's mind is about as subtle as using a chainsaw to do cardiac surgery.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I think that can be arranged," Asa replied to Daryl, not giving any hints about what he'd been doing. "Although, without a Covenant, it will fall to your Priscus and clan to... assist your recovery... if he is willing."

Asa was fairly sure he knew what Konstantin's answer would be. Family was family, after all. Like Victoria.

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

Asa had, of course, predicted correctly.

"I will do this," Konstantin says, without hesitation. "His surviving this, it shows he is fit. He is Gangrel." His voice displays a certain pride.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Excellent," Asa nodded to Konstantin and Daryl. "Your work, as well," he added to Victoria, holding out his hand to help her stand back up.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria had stayed crouched down watching the exchange between the Prince, Daryl, and Konstantine. She had waited to see if the Prince required anything further of the maimed man or her and was just glad all that diving into his head was finally done. *God that shit is exhausting.*

When the Prince finally turned his attention to her she looked up at him. Then she smiled wearily at him at the compliment and took his offered hand for assistance standing. "Thank you Prince Clarke," she said gratefully.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa smiled and nodded at Victoria as he pulled her up, pleased at her facility with Dominate; it was befitting the Ventrue Priscus. He turned and gave Ishani an apologetic smile -- not for Victoria, but for having her there, most likely bored out of her mind.

Then again, maybe she'll pick up on something I didn't from what Daryl said.

"I think we're done here, then?"

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread