Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods to Atticus. He didn't look old enough to be done fighting, but that was his call.

An eyebrow arches at the unidentified man's assessment. "I found this place by chance, and wanted to test the standard. Don't worry. I won't beat up all your fighters. But I'm not going to feel bad about putting some lecherous sexist douche on the floor. And if someone wants to fight me..." A half-shrug. "People don't just come to places like this to win. It's an escape. A place to feel alive."

She nods to Blackbird in agreement, her eyes keen and a smile on her lips. "It can be elegant and beautiful. Even in defeat."

The Awakened turns back to the bouncer. "I'm open to a challenge. Although customarily one introduces themselves before challenging a stranger."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The Elemental's eyes blink slowly as his words are bounced between the two women until his observation was twisted into a challenge. What is happening?

He was out of his depth; conversation was never the goal, just assessing whether Alice was a police officer. The pretty little thing was cold but lively, enjoying the dance. The Lost couldn't put his finger on it, but something was off as her responses are measured, reflected off of Alice like something trying to mask an unspoken distance.

Predator. But that was the clientele.

As the pair tried to apply a philosophy to their interests, he is even more bemused, "People gather here soak in a violent, primal urge." He would know, his entire Court was dedicated to it; literally fed off of it, "It isn't poetry in motion. It's sadism. A satisfaction that it's beneath you as you live vicariously," his mechanical gaze flicks from the captivating lady in black, to the intensity of the fighter, "or that your dedication meant something, that you can assert over your detractors."

Alice wanted a name, and he takes a moment to reflect on his words like processing a calculation. "Fawkes," he offers a cold, white hand, "I wasn't calling you an idiot. We can fight if you want, but I'm not going to provide much of a test of skill. I just break things: there isn't anything technical about that."

He could use the money. Was she angry? The men of the crowd jeered, their emotions filling the pit with a toxic soup of impotent rage; how the woman made them feel inadequate, weak, emasculated.

The Changeling was hungry for Wrath.

4. Likes Xadun, Stray liked this post
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus just smiles to BB. He knew all too well that she would see Atticus getting his hands dirty again one day, Probably sooner then they would both like. Atticus didn't like hurting people. He didn't like voilence. However, the Gangrel knew it was necessary. And anything necessary shouldn't be easy.

"You can watch me work anytime," He smiled.

Looking back and forth between Fawkes and Alice, Atticus couldn't help but wonder what the game was. Then he looked back to the Bird. She was the Raven, sitting on the door putting ideas in peoples' heads. Hilarious.

"If it helps, I didn't think you were calling anyone an idiot."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird smiles at 'Alice's' agreement. However, Fawkes quickly gains her attention.

"Some might argue that primal urge is just the animal trying to get out," she offers, "Whether that defines someone as a sadist depends on the individual I'd say. Although I find it interesting you consider me a voyeur to sadism based on our limited interaction. You assume much, don't you?"

There was no malice in Blackbird's voice. If anything there was amusement.

"You're a curious case, Fawkes," she offers as the man introduces himself, "It's interesting to find someone in the employ of a venue when they disagree so heavily with its mission."

It seemed a polite enough way to call the man a hypocrite. She'd say nothing on Fawkes' agreement to fight, that ball was in Alice's court. Surely if the man couldn't offer a test of skill he'd offer a test in fortitude. Undisciplined fighters tended to be unpredictable. A good test in adaptability if nothing else.

Then the ever-laconic Atticus spoke again, returning Blackbird's teasing right back at her.

"Oh?" she said, her expression morphing into a more playful visage, "Interesting choice of words..."

7. Likes Ruach, Xadun, Krakenbox liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx arches an eyebrow at the bouncer. "Isn't there beauty in something so pure, so honest, as primal emotion?" she says with that hint of a smile. She takes the offered hand - her touch is light but grip is firm. "I didn't think you were either," [OOC: calling her an idiot] she says, puzzled. "If you don't want to I'm not going to make you. Especially if you have already decided it isn't worth either of our time. You have to want to fight in places like this. That's the whole point."

The Awakened looks between Atticus and Beth. She may not be the best at social cues but she was still human, and recognised back-and-forths of attraction and lust. You could cut the sexual tension between them. Phoenyx's features twist into a smirk. "You two wanna go find a quiet room to fuck in? Get that over with?" She quips.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt listens to Circe, smiling at first, then frowning in the beginning of confusion, was she still laughing with him or was she laughing at him?

"Uh." Matt says, stepping back just enough to have room to act if she really did try to "cold cock" him, or draw a gun.

"...who's there?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Dishes." With a massive grin on her face. Once Matt asks the required question Circe responds with, "Dishes a shit joke." Then takes the moment Matt seems to freeze at all from the joke to take a quick lunge towards him and, "Boop!" gently tap him on the nose with her free index finger. "If ya'd been closer I might've used lips instead. Eh, not really yer too tall."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just chuckles at Alice, she has no idea...

"Who... us?" He looks to BB, pointing to her and then back to him. "naw, we good," Atticus says in mock innocence. It's not like they were groping each other or making out. They were just being flirty playful. But it is what it is. Atticus didn't change his demeanor toward the Little Bird.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

"I'm rarely called interesting," Fawkes responds to Lisbeth, almost robotic. "What mission? Money? I have a specific set of skills that gets me consistent employment." He turns to the fighter,

"Yes, I understand the motivation of anger. Give me a minute."

The stiff man walks back towards the board as the two women banter. He says something to the other gang members with one motioning towards the pit eagerly. The man leans in,
    For the supernatural beings with heightened senses,

Fawkes blinks at Alice before tilting his head towards the ring.

“Lose the turtle neck! You look like Mr. Fucking Roger's,” the pit boss snaps. The Elemental pauses before removing the shirt and neatly folding on the table while the man starts shouting for bets. A few of the men laugh, clasping the bouncer's shoulders, shouting for blood while he walks back towards the woman eager to go down the rabbit hole.

The mannequin rolls his wrists, clicking his neck with a loud pop as he clears the ring of the audience. The Mask shows a man alarmingly muscular for the leanness of his build. Nothing stands out in terms of tattoos or scarring: he almost looks plastic in how symmetrical everything is. To the Lost, the Elemental looks carved from porcelain. Not like a statue, but harsh edges like the creature was chiseled, intricate ball joints connecting sections of the carapace together.

His face doesn't so much as twitch as a few of the drunks boo, one throwing a drink that sprayed hops and frothed gold over his back. As the heckler laughs, leaning in and demanding the drink be paid for, Fawkes’ fist is a blur. A fountain of blood sprays from the man's nose with a thick pop of crushed cartilage. His friends catch him and pull back as the rest of security moves. The atmosphere thickens with the smell of iron as the Harvest starts,

“The bouncer? Seriously?”

Fawkes watches Alice with rapt attention, shifting his weight to the balls of his feet as he bends at the knee.

A few of the attendees rush the table, many picking the more obvious choice of the larger figure with an infamous reputation. Others jeer and crow as they crowd behind ‘Alice’, declaring a few bets on her obvious skill as the numbers racked up. One lush even has the gall to manage a slurred marriage proposal.

14. Likes Ruach, Origins liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx watches curiously as Fawkes seems to... be suggesting they fight? He doesn't say so much, which makes it hard for the Mage to interpret anyway, and it seem totally different to what he just said about not giving a challeng fifteen seconds ago.

Cocking her head she follows slowly as the crowd begins to road and the bouncer slugs a drunk in the face with a hammer-blow. His own estimations of his skill already look like he's underselling himself. She puts her palm flat against the face of the proposing drunk and pushes him back into the crowd without even an answer.

Stepping into the circle, she brings her fists up in a careful defense watching the bouncer intently, a spark of fire in her eyes.

Okay, how do you want to do this? Narration or dice?

I was going to assume no Mage shields on, since I don't know how they manifest IC, but she's employing her snazzy Kung Fu powers. That would make things interesting, as Phoenyx relies on her Life Shield for her good combat stats.

16. Likes Krakenbox, Ruach, Origins liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 33

You do not have permission to view the list of names.