Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Dreams. A place of fantasy and wonder for some. For others a nightmare of pain and fear.

For Sera, it was always a mixture of both. Fantasy intertwined with nightmares and wonder mixed with fear.

Tonight was no different. The moonlight was bright without a single cloud, the world a mixture of things. But there were cracks in the night sky, deep, almost pulsing.

The tall mountains seemingly served as a backdrop that seemed to touch the sky, green fields with bubbling streams and a forest, not to mention a beach. Its waters were almost pitch black, angerly turning and crashing against the shore, stretching beyond what the eye can see, mixing with the broken night sky. The selene sky made the tall pillars of ivory gleam over the waters. Some were broken, some tilted, some perfect. A few even had a golden cage perched on top of it. Tall enough for a person, but extremely restricting. The forest itself was one of nightmares, a good number of the trees dead and grotesquely twisted. Dark liquid seemed to ooze out of some of the trees, almost as if they were crying. A mist wrapped around the bases of the trees, with the illusion of moving on its own.

But on the beach was a tree, just as dead as the others, yet taller. Hanging from it was a wide swing, placed over the ocean. Sitting on the swing was a silhouette. The moonlight catching and reflecting off the silver and golden mane as she slowly swung, hair cascading down her back, nearly touching the water.

It was Sera. Her feet in the waves as it crashed on the beach. A white gauzy material fluttered in the breeze behind her. Her eyes gave the illusion of being lit from within, more azure than normal.
    Perched on one of her hands was a large lunar moth, its wings a vibrant and pulsing pale green.

Rhodes Xadun
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

It was easier than he had thought.

Rhodes moved through the Dream, his Oneiroscope pointing him to the night were Sera would be brought into a calm, peaceful dream. It was easier to find her than he had expected – it made him realise how close they were getting. Gently he pressed forward, feeling himself move into her dream, watching the surroundings as he edged towards his target.
    It would be a surprise. Not everyone could pick out a dream as he could. He just hoped it would not be an unwelcome one.

As he made his way through the twisted trees, he could feel some of the few that still bore leaves turn with the season, going from green to yellow to brown as he passed. Some things were too natural to stop. But as they thinned out, the Dread Lord stared out over the sea, seeing a shimmering low azure light, a bejeweled figure, swinging gently from a tall tree like a beacon in the moonlit evening.

Dread Lord walked slowly upwards, towards the tree, before leaning casually against it. “It’s a very beautiful spot,” he says gently, so as not to startle the Treasured from his vantage point. “Though you still bring your darkness with you. It’s very… you, Sera.“
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

It had been easy to get lost staring out at the sea. It’s dark angry waters somehow soothing. Her eyes close briefly as she inhaled the salty air, but a voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

Surprised eyes turn and see, of all people, Rhodes!

In her Dream.

There was a brief look of suspicion, before she allows the swing to slow to a stop. The waves solidify under her as she steps off the swing, turning to face him. The gauzy material, though thicker, covered her forearms, as the hand with the lunar moth brings it up into the sky. Smiling as it fluttered off towards the moon. “One of my favorites.” She says in a wistful tone.

Finally, she addresses him fully. “Have to say, this wasn’t somewhere I was expecting to see you.” Still not sure what to make of it. “Is it?” she asks, taking in the landscape. “Some of this is a constant every night. Some I’ve learned to add in to make it easier to deal with. I didn’t realize you knew me that well.” she says as she walks off the wave and onto the beach.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"How do you know it's truly me? I could just be a facet of your dream, darling. Either way, I hope it is a pleasant surprise." He smiles. The Flowering has released all of their foliage, think green leaves bursting out from his forearms, ankles and from his temples down his neck and back. He is wearing a loose, flowing red robe that lets his natural mein show through, the black roots breaking the pale skin on his arms and chest. Oddly-cut dark pants let the leaves and flowers free.

"It doesn't have to be this way. Constant. You can change it all, if you let yourself...or I can, if I forced it," Rhodes says, walking over to her. "Reading people is what I do, remember, and I am very good at it. It's no secret to me you carry darkness, Seraphina, ingrained so deeply you cannot stop it... Just as I do. When triggered is subsumes your actions, and you act as if you were still there. My fear, my rage, comes from finding myself in a place akin to the Eternal Garden again - I must flee, escape, at any cost... Mine is a place, but yours.... yours is a social act, a state, a simple word, an admonishment - ever potentially near whenever you talk with someone. I don't need to know what it is to know that for you it is forever nearby - especially not here." He gestures up to the trees, and the cages.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A half smile, “Because the times I have seen you in my Dreams, you’re different.” She says, “And before you ask,” because she expected him to, “no, I won’t share.” She says with a chuckle.

“But yeah,”
    a nod, “It is a pleasant surprise.” It was then that she noticed his Mein. Truly noticed it, and it was beautiful. She was tempted to say so, but wasn’t sure if that was a thing or not. There was a faint whisper as she looked at him, Beautiful.

As he walked over to her, Sera, still not completely sure of why he was here, feels her Mantle flare. Cherry blossoms that fall from her hair are swept up by the warm breeze and wrapped around her. Her hair billows around her. The cracks in the sky widen as the sea seems to roar as wave after wave crashed into the beach. But no water was felt.

But just as quickly as it flared, it settled. “I’ve changed it before.” She says softly, looking out at the dreamscape.

His words were true. And hearing them from another, one she could see herself caring deeply for, hurt. Wounds she no longer physically carried began to hurt.

Sapphires, glowing from within, studied him, thinking his words over. It was clear, she was debating her words, deciding what to say. What not to say, what was safe to say.

“Some things are learned and ingrained from before we can remember. I’ve learned, and adapted to knowing how to act, move, even breathe. I was taught, at a young age, how I was supposed to be. While I know things are different now, it’s not something easily overcome. I’m better,”
    another look around, “should have seen my Dreams years ago. They were permanent nightmares, so I like to think they’re improving.” Though she sounded tired. Following the gestures, she nods, “Yeah, those. The cages are a constant, though sometimes I destroy them.” A grin, finally, “And that’s fun.” There was pride there now. And maybe a way for her to change the subject, to one that was light and easy.

Holding her hand out, the white gauze on her arms was slightly discolored, “Want to walk?” she asks, with a smile, “Or sit? I can make something really comfortable.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes opens his mouth to ask "Different how?", but is pre-empted all too quickly, his features twisting into a broad smile as he draws close to Sera. Very close, but not quite touching her, unpeturbed by her flaring Mantle, sniffing the air as the scent of his flowers is caught up in her vibrant breeze. "Well then. I'll just be forced to use my imagination as to what you get up to with me," he says softly, raising a hand slowly and running a finger around the back of her ear and through her golden hair.

He listens to her description, face passive, but the Flowering doesn't pull away. "It takes a long time to change what we were made to be," he agrees. "But if I know you at all, you won't stop."

Rhodes reaches up and takes the offered hand. "I would rather sit. This place is clearly personal - I.... suppose I should have thought of that before coming to your dream. I can take us somewhere else if you wish." His own mantle flows gently around them, chilling the air.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

What he said made her cheeks flush for a moment, and shakes her head with a chuckle. “If you think you’ve got a good imagination.”

At the touch, she feels her body begin to relax. Eyes close briefly as she wondered how a simple touch could sooth so much. The ocean appears to calm as well as she feels her head leaning into his touch.

Sapphires open as she sighs, “It does. And no, I won’t stop, I see it as a way of overcoming and becoming better.” A pained look, “But it’s not easy. Though I suppose nothing worth chasing ever is.” Was just how things were.

Gently squeezing his hand, “We can sit, but I actually don’t mind if you wanted to walk. While it is personal, I’m starting to believe I can trust you.” she says carefully. Not completely, but it was a start. “If you’d be more comfortable somewhere else, we can do that.” She watches him, wondering if he was indeed uncomfortable. She glances down the beach, “If not, I have a place we can sit.” Sure enough, there was now a structure there. Various ivies and cherry blossoms wrapped around it, fireflies, many differing shades of color, perched within the flowers offering a soft glow. Old fashioned lanterns hung from various points on the structure. "Maybe you can put your own touch on the Dreamscape."
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Oh, the best. I can be very creative. But if I do, I'll be changing the whole place. Just... how it works without a little more finesse," Rhodes says, smiling. "On my to do list to figure out."

He looks deeply into those sapphires as Sera opens her eyes, gently letting her face lean into his palm and stroking her cheek with his thumb. "It may not be easy, Sera," the Flowering says softly, gesturing up around at the dream, "but you're winning. I can see it. So don't you dare give up." A small smile.

He chuckles. "I really did want to sit. I only thought if you didn't want to share this space, I could... take us someplace else." Slowly he leads her to the structure. "But we can stay here, in your place. I really don't feel like I need to change a thing. You have make a beautiful place, Sera. Almost as beautiful as you yourself," Rhodes gestures for her to sit. "Please."

He takes a seat alongside her, and reclines in the sofa. "I remember you wanted a private lesson on dreams - I thought where better to show you than here. Or we could talk. Or something else."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a smirk, “Are you now? I’d love to see that creativity in action some time.” Especially in a Dream.

She holds his eyes, thinking over his words, “Baby steps right?” she says with a chuckle and sigh. “I’m not a girl who gives up. At least, not anymore. When there is something I want, I don’t let anything stop me.” True for more than just overcoming her demons.

A gentle shake of her head, “No, I’m ok sharing it, best way to begin to learn and build trust.” Despite the moon, the sand was warm.

The Treasured sits before speaking, tucking her long legs under herself, “Think so?” she asks, looking out at the ocean which had begun to illuminate from thousands of jelly fish. “I’ve always found the ocean to be a calming place for me, yet I only visited a real one once.” She says with a laugh and shake of her head, “Funny how that works.” A light shrug.

“I’d still like to have some lessons. What we are able to do in Dreams is fascinating, and a bit terrifying. Though I think some better understand can dampen the terrifying aspect of them. And I’ll be honest, it felt pretty amazing to be able to help that guy a couple years ago.”
    Helping was something she enjoyed.

“But I’d be open to talking as well.” Maybe opening a little. But there were factors that would play into that.

“Can we do a little of everything?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes smiles. "After a while, maybe you will." He watches her, smiling knowingly. "And what is it that you want, Sera?"

The Flowering nods. "We need to experience it with each other, see it. You are so friendly, so warm... but you keep your walls on the inside. I have those walls too... so what is it about you that slips through them?" He watches her, smiling, but doesn't come closer.

"Think you're beautiful? You should know I do by now Sera," he chuckles, looking from her out over the ocean. "I have never been up into the mountains, but maybe I will show you one of my places soon. We enjoy what we enjoy, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason."

He smiles. "I'd like that. Some of everything it is." The Dread Lord slides a little closer to the Nyx, and waves his arm towards the horizon. "Well, If you don't mind me talking a little, lets start a the beginning. Remember, Dreams have their inherent strength, their intensity. The stronger the dream, the more distinct, the more real it is. To control the dream requires a Contract, or, we can burn the dream down to nothing called 'scouring', and rebuild it from the ground up in a landscape of the Oneiromancer's choosing." Rhodes watches Sera as he talks, and enthused tone in his voice. "We can make... subtler changes, but they are much smaller, over the course of an full night, to learn about the dreamer or the dream, or to implant ideas in the dreamer's mind - techniques referred to as dream riding, because we do not control, only steer and touch lightly. Dream-riding can be a fine way to learn about people, but it can be invasive. We do not have to become visible in another's dreams, and can watch, and stay hidden, and tweak their dream until we find what we wish to see." He looks away, and down. "That's why... I haven't made any changes to yours. I am not skilled enough with the contracts of Dream yet to tweak tings just for show. But I can still bring up the thematic forces against an enemy. What we call Oneiromachy, or 'Dream-fighting'."

Rhodes looks across, and grins. "Do stop me if I'm boring you. I can go on forever with this kind of thing."

11. Likes Orianna liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread