Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(AwCon) On A Pale Horse

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Ash and Joshua head towards the Park's boundaries, skirting the edge of the conflict surrounding the Bell building. As they do so, they hear the distinctive whine of a motorcycle in the distance, and see a red blur race by on a bordering road. It's quickly out of sight.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

"That's Vector's bike," Joshua says, watching it disappear. He pauses, uncertain and damning himself for it. It had been even faster than he thought--he had no doubt West was dead or dying behind them. Part of him felt it was wrong to leave him behind, but this wasn't Saving Private Ryan, and any information Tyria had given Ash was more important. It had to be preserved.
    He starts trudging ahead again, looking for parked cars or anything similar. "We'll try to catch up with the others. Only a couple places they could have gone if they want to reach the Atheneum. We have to keep moving."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

There are a few cars around, parked on the sides of roads. It's still early enough that morning rush hour has yet to begin.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Darren Nash

PRE

"Ok, let's get to it." Ash almost added 'boss' but knew that it was Joshua speaking and not West. This was the moment in conflict he hated; the adrenaline come down.

Its like a fucking drug.

"You got any preference for car? I'll drive, you ride shotgun," he quips to his fellow Moros, anything to ease his sinking heart. "On the way I'll tell you what Tyria told me. At least it won't matter if I die then."

Ash was a realist. This was going to be his swansong.

PRE

"Don't talk like that," the Sentinel says, although from his tone it sounds like he's reached the same conclusion. He doesn't think he's going to see the next morning, either.
    "A truck, if possible," Joshua says as he looks around, changing the subject. "Something that can take a beating if need be. Are you sure you're good to drive? You got real fucked up back there."

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash looks to Joshua with a look of annoyance, which he swiftly stamped down.

Its not his fault, we're strung out of shape.

"Yeah, I did, didn't I?" He really should have learnt the rote for this but its too late for hindsight. Ash needed some healing and brought the imago of Life to his mind before forcing it through his pattern. He had no choice, tempting the Abyss in this day and age but Joshua was right; he was pretty fucked up.

Once completed, he gave a weary grin, feeling a little better. "One truck, coming right up."

Paradox & Self Healing = 3 Suxx

PRE

"Huh," Joshua says as Ash heals. Forgot he could do that. "Good, okay. So let's move." He pops the clip of his pistol, swapping in a fresh one, and asks, "Can you hotwire? I'm kinda rusty but can give it a shot." He points to a truck on the side of the road and starts jogging.

Darren Nash

PRE

"Yeah, I can." Ash jogs along to the nearest half-decent pick-up and gently tries the handle, looking around.

Some folk are too trusting.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

...and some vehicles auto-lock.

Darren Nash

PRE

"Motherfucker!"

Ash looks to Joshua and then to the window.

"You any good with glass?"

Ash steps back out of his way.

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread