A Call to a Doctor

THREADID
    L
    Lina Moretti

Ring, ring.
    Matrixchild

R
    Rebecca Simmons

The phone vibrated in Rebecca's pocket for a moment before she realized it was a call. She looked at the caller ID and didn't recognize the number. Flipping it open she said politely, "Hello. How can I help you."

L
    Lina Moretti

"It's Moretti. I wanted to touch base with you - did you post certain financial arrangements of mine publicly?"

It wasn't going to be Davis. He was too proud. So it was either the Doc or the Prince, and if it was the Prince, there wasn't much to be said about it.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Cause and effect. None were immune. Rebecca knew that her little action would have blowback of some kind. There was no point to lie, especially not to allow someone else the potential benefits of her act.

Her response was neither too quick, nor too slow. Instead it was calm and measured. "I did, merely to create a record of things not currently recorded. I was inspired by you, and hoped public knowledge would encourage such transaction in the future. Are you displeased by my actions? Would you like to meet privately and talk about it?" Rebecca generally preferred talking in person.

L
    Lina Moretti

"No need to interrupt your night to meet about this. I'm not pissed. I don't really mind what you do with other people's stuff in this regard. Just please don't publicly announce my finances in the future."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Interesting. Very interesting. "Too bad. I'm sure we could have had a very pleasant conversation. But I understand. No more public announcements regarding you."

L
    Lina Moretti

"Hey, I'm always happy to chat, Doc. I mean this wasn't a big deal that required a serious meeting or whatever." She chuckled. "Starting to think you want a certain job..."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca let out a chuckle herself. "I'm fine with a less serious meeting. It'd be good to take a break and get out of the lab." At the mention of a certain job she simply replied, "well, we wouldn't want certain jobs to stay vacant forever."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"How about this. Let's go for a drive and just talk. We're both new, and it'll be a chance to get to know each other. I'll be here in a few minutes. If you're interested, come join me."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.